1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas now a restricted free agent, no qualifying offer for Terrence Jones

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure......it happening exactly as I called it because of the reasons I said were a problem was "luck". Whatever makes you feel better about yourself kiddo.

I mean, I'm used to people lashing out at their betters when they make an ass of themselves but it's really been ridiculous today.

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I see you fail for another one of Bobby traps like I do. One thing I will say about that joker is he doesn't waiver from his false analysis that he think is accurate. Now you do know this is his life, he has nothing else to do but troll every Rockets forum and stalk Dmo to the fullest. Go on sportsnation and you will see he's doing the same exact thing.

3. dmoneybangbang

Exactly? So now you are saying you claimed injuries would happen after his second year?

Or do you have different meaning for "exactly"?

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

that is the kind of non deal that would make the org look incompetent in the fostering of its prospect department

they have given a lot of young players away

Terrence Jones could be out of this league or salvaging his career like Whiteside

Totally up to him and his chances, China is not a bad option right now.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Injuries had nothing to do with the fact that he never learned to play any kind of defense, couldn't shoot the ball, couldn't create his own shot, and generally wasn't good at anything on the court. Injuries are an excuse because even when he was healthy he was garbage.

Even if you want to blame it all on injuries, all that did was rob him of his athleticism a bit sooner than would have naturally happened and the point I always made was when you have someone that relies on athleticism to provide 100% of what they bring to a team, you have someone that won't make it long.

If he ever learned how to properly play defense, if he ever learned how to shoot the ball, if he ever learned how to handle the ball in the post, if he ever learned not to bring the ball down before going up to shoot, if he learned how to make a contested layup, or any of a dozen other things that he should have learned then maybe he wouldn't have been worthless, but he never did.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

kiddo here, kiddo there.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Kiddos everywhere it seems.

8. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Wait, I thought we traded away DMo....

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

9. dmoneybangbang

He was never garbage in his second season.... Quantify how he was garbage in his second season.

10. dmoneybangbang

It's funny how some posters just throw out terms like "garbage". I can't wait to see how "garbage" is quantified.

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

But yet he was able to score 12 points and snatch 8 rebounds only with a few nice blocks a game in the NBA. Damn if it's that easy I need to try out myself.

Daywalker this man has a crystal ball.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well he was poor defensively, he couldn't shoot, he couldn't create his own shot, he had poor awareness on both sides of the ball....do I need to go on? Just because others would create uncontested shots for him a few times a game doesn't mean he was good. Sure it was enough to fool some people into thinking that, but....well that's just how it goes.

The ONLY serious difference between this season and any other was that he thought he could do more so it led to him being blocked more and he missed more layups.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That said, we've talked enough about a scrub not good enough to justify giving a QO to that we couldn't find anyone to take off our hands at the trade deadline. Let's move on.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Ironically, these posters are "garbage."

15. riko

riko Member

Jones is a scrub

#116 riko, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2019
  16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I think someone will take a Flyer on Jones
    Maybe not in the 10+ Mill department but someone will

Rockets pay DMo 12+ I will be disappointed

Rocket River

17. dmoneybangbang

So you CAN'T quantify any of your claims? And you DO NOT believe in any sort of advanced statistics? Just to be clear.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Before TJones injuries, he had a heck of a lot of potential, but he just never improved. There are times when I really miss our Jones/Asik combo down low. With Harden-Parsons-Jones doing the drive and kick we were pretty scary. He has never quite been the same physically, and that has zapped his confidence mentally.

He could definitely improve given another chance in a different atmosphere.

19. basketballholic

No rejoicing here. I simply wished we'd have traded him at his peak in December of 2013. Yeah he was showing flashes. But I knew some key things about him that convinced me he wasn't going to become more than a bit player. I explained those the best I could but the irrational exuberance over some numbers he put up playing alongside James and Dwight blinded and deafened many.

I'm sorry he didn't develop. I'm sorry we didn't trade him. I'm also sorry that our organization chose to hang on to him and thereby spoiled an asset.

However I did not call for him to be waived until it came down to him or Tarik Black being waived to create a roster spot for smoove. I did call for him to be waived at that point. I felt Black was the better player and would contribute more than Jones with his rebounding and physical nature inside. I was right on that too.

By the way I still stand by my statement a couple years ago that there's a good chance he's out of the league in 5 years. That was derided too. But I still think it has a good chance of happening. Terrence just doesn't have the internal drive and mentality to play consistent good ball at the NBA level. Nothing personal. I wanted to trade him because it would have been the best thing for the team.

#119 basketballholic, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 1, 2016
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is no need for saying sorry, he is and will not be the first or last player to develop.

The Rockets are for a reason a mediocre team for years and only one year where they barely clinched 2nd spot and barely went to the WC Finals.

Developing players were never their biggest strength.