1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas now a restricted free agent, no qualifying offer for Terrence Jones

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Toronto. Where lost Rockets go to regain their mojo.

2. Lunareste

Lunareste Member

Sorry Terrence, good luck on your next team

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Even Ed Davis got an offer from the Lakers couple years ago after Memphis let him walk, as bad as TJ was last season, no way he will not get a contract in NBA.

4. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Shows that they were worried about Jones signing the QO.

5. tosweet68

tosweet68 Member

With all the money out there to be had, wouldn't surprise me to see Jones get something along the line of 3yr/12 milliion from some team.....maybe even more.......teams are going to through money at players like crazy even if it is more than most deserve this offseason.

6. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

We are trying to figure out a way to get rid of Brewer without giving up a major asset. Or at the very least, Brewer won't see the court this year would be another positive. Thought Lawson was off the roster for awhile and we were still mediocre and Jones hardly saw the court.

7. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

When I think about it from a monetary expectation perspective, I feel bad for him. Imagine thinking you have a good shot at making 5 times your current salary next year if you do a really good job, but then doing so poorly you get laid off because your employer doesn't think you're even worth the current salary. That's rough.

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

It really does. I think it also begs the question, why didn't we trade him earlier? certainly we could have at least gotten a 2nd rounder, no? it's been clear for over a year that he's not part of our future plans.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure they could have traded him. I'm sure they'd have loved to move him if anyone was willing to give anything up. The problem is that teams saw how terrible he is at basketball and decided that they wouldn't even give up a 2nd for him.

10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Seems not rational for any team to offer him a 3 years contract given his last seasons disaster.

I would think he get a contract like Ed Davis from the Lakers couple years ago (I think its around 2 mils at that time), so I would like to think he is probably going to get a one year deal around 3-4 mils.

11. finsraider

finsraider Member

Amazing how far he has fallen. Dude looked like he was breaking out at the beginning of the 14-15 season...then his game completely collapsed.

12. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

What can we do with Brewer lol?

13. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

But still, TJ is a young player, and the Rockets team in 2015 is a total disaster, no doubt he is a part of it, but he actually has a better chance to bounce back than what Lin did last year in the Hornets, if he will end up with a good situation.

14. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Because something is happening here
    But you don’t know what it is
    Do you, Mister Jones?

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

so you are confident Houston tried to trade him for a 2nd and was rebuffed?

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely. Right after the trade deadline they permabenched him, they'd have done so sooner but they were holding out hope that someone, anyone, would offer something for him. They couldn't pawn him off on anyone so they stuck him at the back of the bench so he'd stop hurting the team.

17. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Jones just screwed himself out of 70mil + easily.

18. omgTHEpotential

You realize that since he was drafted, Terrence Jones has made:

2012-13 Houston Rockets NBA $1,485,000
    2013-14 Houston Rockets NBA $1,551,840
    2014-15 Houston Rockets NBA $1,618,680
    Career $4,655,520

19. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

bballlholic-astradamus rejoices.

By calling for Terrence Ones to be waived multiple years ago it was a gutsy call.

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Was never a fan of his play except for one stretch during the beginning of the 2014 season. I guess the injury was that bad. Maybe he needs another year or so to fully recover.

But right now, he is awful.