1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Utah looking to trade Burke

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Jun 29, 2016.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Rockets should be interested again.

Stein:

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm not high on him personally but as far as cheap options go (in this day and age of wild FA spending), I'm not too opposed.

3. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes, we need more players who cant shoot.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

No they shouldn't.

5. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I was a big proponent of his coming out of college, but man has he stunk in the league. He's not good at anything: scoring, playmaking, or defense. Jazz fans have nicknamed him Trey'd (Trade) Burke.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Burke isnt a bad shooter like kj or Brewer. He's no shooter either, sure, but would be an improvement anyway, which is what we need. Sharpshooters dont grow on trees.

And do you want 50yr old Terry as backup again?

7. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

He's is getting better at shooting the 3 and has a nice jumper. He's not a good enough defender to be next to Harden. He's a back-up pg. I'd pass.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I wasnt suggesting he'd start...he'd back up pg.

9. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I at least like where you're headed. The Rockets absolutely cannot go into the season with Patrick Beverley/Goudelock & a few freshly undrafted nobodies. (you too Gary Payton's son. And he'd be the 1st to tell you you're nobody until you prove otherwise.)

But the PG market is grim as ever. And the draft was even less promising, as evidenced by the PG movement on the eve of the draft. Morey has his work cut out for him.

It's been reported we're strongly chasing Durant, however futile, and Horford, Whiteside, and Anderson. Notice something missing? So the PG debacle is really concerning right now.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

This. Maybe if they're ok in taking back Brewer...

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, if they want Brewer than sure.

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Why would the Rockets want the player that is responsible for making his former team give up a solid 1st round pick to get George Hill of all players?

(no offense to George Hill but yeah)

I don't think there's enough evidence to suggest Burke is going to be good for the Rockets considering how bad he was for Utah. Unless he's gifted (Brewer for Burke!?!?!), I say pass.

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Unless he wants to sign Conley, i can see Morey waiting for another buy low situation, at least one between Rubio, Knight, Bledsoe is probably going to be cheaper as time goes by.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol poor Corey, i really like him but damn he sucks right now :grin:

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm assuming he'd be cheap.

Bad Back Dekker for Burke?
    No J KJ for Burke?
    Rights to Onuaku for Burke?

I'm trying to think of someway we could also get Trey Lyles but I can't. KJ/Dekker/Beas for Lyles/Burke?

It'd be impossible to unload Brewer on them because they have no bad contracts.

16. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Pretty much anyone willing to listen to trade talks for Brewer has my attention.

Nets are about to waive Jarret Jack. That would prove much more interesting than Trey Burke.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

George Hill was worth that pick, IMO, it wasn't a desperation trade in reaction to Burke. Everyone's talking about how it was a good move...not sure why fans dislike Hill.

What are our other back up options? Inexperienced Goudelock and.Payton? Those are good third string options, for now...if we plan on bringing Terry back, we can use him to mentor Burke some...bring in Murph too.

Im not saying we need to overpay for him..but we know Houston was interested in Feb and we still have a hole at that spot..theyll be interested, IMO.

18. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

I'd take a chance on him but I wouldn't give up anything valuable to get him. They could have Brewer of course.

19. Garner

Garner Member

anytime you can pick up a 32 year old PG coming off of an ACL tear, you gotta do it.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No, he sucked last season. That was it.
    As a matter of fact the whole team sucked last season. Fickle fans.