1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets hoping to keep Donatas Motiejunas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jun 23, 2016.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Dallas has a better Ryan Anderson named Dirk Nowitzki.

Another fake rumor from Snow. ;)

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Speaking of Ryan Anderson. Kings are after him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ryan Anderson is a target for the Sacramento Kings: <a href="https://t.co/kbauYX0Fs2">https://t.co/kbauYX0Fs2</a> <a href="https://t.co/a79VjWSEwQ">pic.twitter.com/a79VjWSEwQ</a></p>&mdash; Sportando (@Sportando) <a href="https://twitter.com/Sportando/status/747480622759698432">June 27, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. elainas

elainas Member

DMo expected have dinner with D'Antony today.
    Interesting question remain does Morey, join dinner too

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

We should have some good feedback by tomorrow.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He probably should to clear the air......

DD

6. dmoneybangbang

Exactly. How messed up is your back DMo?

I was willingly to gamble on DMo but there's a possibility he wouldn't 100% by the first tipoff.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The fact that DMo said himself that his back is not 100% and the fact DMo is an RFA...I am really going to be interested in what types of offers he gets. Even in this bloated market.

8. spark06

spark06 Member

DMo has had YEARS of opportunity to establish himself as a consistent, rotation player, but has only proven that his body cannot withstand the rigors of an NBA season. The fact that he's only a stop-gap solution, and a RISKY one regarding future health, makes me cringe at the thought of giving him a long term deal. I was a huge advocate for his potential as I was seeing it come to fruition when he was amongst the league leaders in hook shots just a year or 2 ago (if not THE leader), but he really seems to have taken a step back in quickness (from SLOW to SLOWER!) and confidence overall. He's a decent fit next to Harden in the starting lineup, but when his shot isn't falling, he's worthless as a poor rebounder/defender for his size. I'm over DMo.

9. Normalus

Normalus Member

Via skype? I thought DMo is in Lithuania :confused:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Proud of my camp! Coaches, players, staff and sponsors!!! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/D?src=hash">#D</a>-MoTalentCamp <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NBACares?src=hash">#NBACares</a> <a href="https://t.co/xnHDARTD2c">pic.twitter.com/xnHDARTD2c</a></p>&mdash; Donatas Motiejunas (@DonatasMot) <a href="https://twitter.com/DonatasMot/status/747523369134858241">June 27, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Him logging heavy minutes at center while Dwight was out 2 years ago really broke his body. He still hasn't recovered from that 100%. But he's our smartest defender, he's always at the right place (or tries to be). But to your point, he's not 100% and is a milli second late, which results in a foul. I hope he can get healthy, he can be an excellent contributor, especially on pick n roll, both offensively and defensively. Really hope we see him back a Rocket at a decent price.

11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Lol , I would hate to rely on your decision making skills .

You say you were a huge fan of his work in 14-15 . Wow way to go out on a limb there .

Look he has taken time to recover from a back injury . However he hasn't proven anything regarding an inability to play a whole season . He did play a whole season in 14-15 . It happens he got injured towards the end.

KD has had multiple foot surgeries and nissed significant time . Is he done in the league ?

You have to give players a season or so to fully recover from injuries. Dmo has played in maybe 30 games since his . Even though he was not as productive as before , he still showed many great qualities that are exceptionally rare .

I think that most people that make statements like " I'm over player x " were never truly excited about them in the first place

12. spark06

spark06 Member

How excited can you get about a power forward averaging 5.9 rebounds in 30 minutes while shooting 60% from the FT line BEFORE getting injured? You've chosen an extremely poor comparison in terms of Durant. Kevin Durant has THRIVED in his return whereas DMo has struggled just to maintain his level of previous play. He is physically slower and incapable of negating his defensive inadequacy. You admit he was not as productive as before, but are clinging to exceptionally rare qualities? Lol, I can find a soft forward with horrible defense and rebounding in Ryan Anderson, but at least he can actually shoot the ball and is a MUCH better fit for this team. I'd keep DMo for a penny, but if it's going to be anymore than that....Good riddance.

13. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

He knows nothing.

1 person likes this.
  14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

How many games did durant have to play before he looked like the player he was before he got hurt ?

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If Les is going to give dantoni power over morey, then I don't know what to sah

16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Keep thinking that. I enjoy it so much. :grin: ;)

No hard feelings. I'd be suspect as well.

17. spark06

spark06 Member

Who cares how long Dmo needs to get back to being mediocre overall? No matter how much time he gets, he is approaching his ceiling as an NBA player and expecting to him to be anything more than a backup is wishful thinking. He doesn't have NBA strength nor does he possess the quickness for our team defense. I like his touch and skill, but only at a cheap price. The only reason DMo may get paid by another desperate team is because there's almost more money than can be spent in the expanding cap situation. Hopefully we are not that team.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Durant and Dmo are two different people. I hope that you notice this.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

LOL - no, he should clear the air about trading him - players remember that stuff, and Morey should tell him why etc.

Same thing Charlie Thomas did with Hakeem.

DD

20. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

IB4 How dare you compare Dmo to Hakeem/KD?!?!

:p