1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Report: Rockets eyeing FAs Durant, Horford, Whiteside, Anderson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Jun 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I think I low balled him on that offer haha.

Honestly we have to get our mind off the 6-8 mill a year type players. Those will never exist anymore.

Guys who average 12 points a night will get 15 mill easily. Centers make more cuz of height, rebs, blocks etc.

Noah wants 28 mill a year. 4 points, 8 rebs a night.

I would hope Morey does a 3 year deal for Anderson.

3 yrs / 65 mill ? 3rd year option.

I know it sounds bad but that is how the new NBA will be from here on...

2. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

At least 3 of those are theoretically attainable.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

He's just not enough of a difference maker at that price; his last two years he's shot 34 and 36% from 3. Not exactly a world beater, and if you add in the defensive liability, I think it's gonna be a poor FA signing. He's destined to get overpaid in this market. He might get $18 mil, but by god I hope it's not from us.

4. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Anderson just isn't worth any premium. Just imagine how badly he'll be exposed against the premiere teams.

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The iPad will hit him in the foot. He will be out for the season. The Rockets will hand out a max deal to Donatas Motiejunas. He will average 12-6. Les will sell him to Efes Pilsen and guarantee his salary plus buy an abandoned brewery in Ankara.

Everybody wins.

6. roswell raygun

Also, the Heat don't own his Bird Rights, so they have to use cap space to re-sign him.

7. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Surprised Morey is not looking at Gasol

8. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

LOL - I can picture it... and Morey is running and looking like Neuman from Seinfeld.... LOL

9. sydmill

sydmill Member

And they are going to be tied up with kd the day whiteside wants to close his deal. They won't have enough money to re-sign whiteside and make Durant an offer. They're over a barrell...

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Gasol clashed with D'Antoni.

11. MONON

MONON Member

Who said he isn't!?! :grin:

12. MONON

MONON Member

And for this reason I don't want him! Besides, he wants to a commitment on July 1st & we'll be at KD's then.

13. chandlerbang21

Anderson will be wanted by alot of teams. Orlando would welcome him back . Whiteside is the best available center deserving max contract. The lakers are perfect for him as well because they have no center. Dwight to NY and durant staying in okc seems like logical choices

14. vick

vick Member

Get prepared its going to hurt.

1 person likes this.
  15. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Hopefully KD doesn't give them a meeting and they jump on Whiteside day one.

16. mightybosstone

Whiteside is incredibly talented and seems to be on the cusp of becoming a star, but the idea of giving him a max deal for four years scares the living crap out of me. The guy has played more than 50 games in a season once in his entire career, and he's already 27 years old.

Sorry, but give me guys I can trust. The Rockets need more team-first guys who can you rely on to just be solid No. 2s and No. 3s, not egocentric me-first players who will complain midway through their contracts about not getting the ball enough (aka Dwight Howard). That's why I want Horford. You know exactly what you're getting with him—an 15/8/3/1 guy with solid defense who just makes your team better. I also think Conley and Batum are built of that cloth. Give me those guys over someone with major boom/bust potential like Whiteside.

17. Chamillionaire

For some reason, I thought it was Dwight who clashed with MDA and Pau didn't like playing with Dwight which lead to the clashes.

You're probably right though. /rant

18. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

At this point, with where our team is, the bigger news would be who we are NOT targeting. Isn't it a given at this point that we are going to be treating the FA like we did looking for a coach IE look at EVERYONE and their moms?

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

At one point Pringles benched Pau for Earl Clark because he was a "better fit for the system". I know...scary. This is our freaking coach.

20. rockets13champs

Predictions we sign parsons, horford and whiteside