1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Six

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 20, 2015.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Here's an interesting thought that just came to me when thinking about Dany's unbeatable army.

What if Bran's warging powers developed so much that he could warg a Dragon. Then think about Dany's vision while under the mind-control of the warlocks that the throne room was destroyed by dragons in a rain of ashes.

dun dun dunnnn

2. Nero

Nero Member

Regarding Sansa & Jon & Baelish..

Sansa stated flatly to Jon that only a fool would trust Littlefinger. So clearly, Sansa doesn't (and likely won't) trust Baelish. And when he openly admitted his 'love' for her, that she was what he really wanted, to rule all of Westeros with her at his side.. and seeing as how that was what she pined for her entire lifew before falling into Joffrey's clutches.. And for her to so easily dismiss it as a 'pretty dream' and then turn her back on Baelish and walk away..

Well, I just don't think Sansa and Littlefinger are going to be on the same side of anything.. at least not at first.

And the way the scene with the Northern houses all declaring Jon as the 'King of the North!' was portrayed.. they were very careful to make Jon's reaction to all of this very neutral. He wasn't smiling, he wasn't openly happy about it, he hardly reacted at all. Clearly he was all too aware of what the implications of all this were. Do not be surprised if Jon turns them down and declares that Sansa, as the only 'True-blooded Stark' should be the royalty of the North, and not himself.

This of course then lends itself for the story to reveal both Bran coming into their midst, and then subsequently the reveal of Jon's true parentage. This then leads logically into the collision-course of Dany and Jon - whether as allies or enemies, we do not yet know.

But we do know the White Walkers are the only real enemy now.

And speaking of that..

Over-confidence is a bad bad thing. And Dany right now has to be absolutely drowning in over-confidence; or at least the viewers who have watched all this transpire should feel over-confident on Dany's behalf.

She has three almost-fully-grown dragons, right? Who could stand against her? The dragons are the force which will trump the White Walkers, obviously.. right?

Now, knowing GRRRM's penchant for pulling the rug out from under everyone who is feeling confident..

Cersei has NO chance against Dany's forces, right?

That's what worries me. Look, if some of that wildfire goes off around one of those dragons, the dragon will be dead. And what sets off the wildfire? Flames..

That scares me.

I won't be surprised to see Dany's forces receive a very devastating blow at the hands of Cersei, either accidentally or on purpose, which will remove one or two of her dragons from the picture, as well as a large chunk of her forces.

It's what these writers DO - they screw us over when we finally think something good is going to happen for the good guys.

3. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

^I've always assumed Bran will eventually be able to warg in to and control the dragons. I think there was a cut away one episode showing Bran warging then cutting to the dragons flying -- I am not that smart to connect those dots all on my own.

4. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Not necessarily. I think it highlighted his inner conflict between the selfish, deceitful, heartless and lustful "kingslayer" persona that cares only about his family, namely Cersei and the more noble side of him wishing to leave more of a positive legacy. Remember he waved to Brienne as she was escaping, was nice to Edmure until he pushed Jamie too far with his words, and every time someone brings up him being the "kingslayer" now it really irritates him, as if he's trying to shed that label. His decisions there to get back to Cersei, only to discover the horrible things that she did, will only serve to deepen his inner turmoil.

I actually wasn't surprised by this..surprised that Arya showed up to kill him, but not that Walder Frey died at that point. The last time we were at the Twins for a celebration was the Red Wedding, so I felt it was a bit of an ominous sign to see a celebration there in the previews. Very good payoff though.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

That ******* has issues if he finds some way to give Cercei an upperhand. The woman is basically queen of nothing atm. It would be impossible to imagine that King's Lan

6. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

(whoops it cut off)

That kings landing could have any chance of withstanding an attack by Dany's forces no matter how well guarded the city is factor. What houses actually stand with the Lanisters now (fray won't), Tyrell and Dorne are for Danny. With the help of 3 dragons, 2 powerful houses, the dothraki, unsullied, and various other forces its just too impossible. If he does do something like that it would be stupid as hell.

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Nobody's gonna burn the dragons with fire, that would be silly given all of the show/books talk of dragons as the living manifestations of fire.

Look to Euron and that magic dragon binding horn he had in the books if you're looking for a dragon neutralizer.

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

If Dany uses dragons against King's Landing, she'll be actively betraying everything Tyrion has molded her into. Definitely possible, but there has to be a significant trigger

9. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I could easily see Cersei willing to sacrifice all of King's Landing at this point to keep Dany from taking the throne. She is going mad, if not already there. And Dany's forces are way too strong, which is a red flag. She is not gonnna simply march right in and take the throne; everything comes at a price in GOT. Cersei will not make it that easy.

10. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

So the Lannister army is going to protect King's landing? Hell, if Dorne and Tyrell marched into KL they could defeat them right now.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Maybe I'm forgetting someone relevant...but how does Jon prove who his parents were? The people that knew are dead, aren't they? Are people just going to believe Bran's visions?

12. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Completely agree.

I just didn't want to be too long-winded on that point, as I've made it before that Riverrun had three big conversations involving Jamie. I was mainly making the other new point of Riverrun, to setup a full-circle, celebration scene execution of Walder Frey. The writers needed a way to make us believe a celebration scene at The Twins was not ominous, as a surprise. Having Jamie there to talk to Walder after Riverrun lowered my guard. Without Jamie there, and Riverrun preceding it, an Arya assassination could not have been as epic...as it would just be some lazily-written, random dinner scene.

I'm largely defending the writers from people who say Riverrun was stupid filler. Ep 10 was epic. One of the reasons why was Arya's slaying of Walder, which couldn't have been setup better, imo

13. rcoleman15

rcoleman15 Contributing Member

Howland Reed is still alive

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

shouldn't dragon fire not harm him and all that silly magic sh-t.

15. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

It's not silly magic **** hipster Sam. I won't let this insult pass.

16. toby

toby Member

agree

17. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

It was written somewhere the GRRM said that trait was only part of Dany. If you remember her brother didn't survive the fire like she can.

18. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

I doubt Jon and Dany will both make it out alive by shows end. Maybe both die and Tyrion has to pick up the pieces? At least one of them has to die right? You can only have one ruler of the seven kingdoms...

I just hope none of the dragons die... that would be a serious serous downer.

19. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Howland Reed is still alive, and he is the only living survivor of ToJ. Whether he knows or not is still in doubt.

And if Dany ever meets Jon she will see half of Rheagor.

20. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I am not a book reader but even in the show I thought Littlefinger is a very intriguing character. The article below sums up why he is almost a useless character at this point. Yes, he controls the Vale army but basically by a thread as Robyn is the ruler even though he sucks.

I still don't understand why he sold out Sansa to the Boltons. Was his end game really to be warden of the North? If so, when would he have defeated the Boltons exactly if Sansa didn't escape? As far as power plays go, this one didn't make much sense and since Sansa doesn't trust him anymore he is almost a useless character except to cause chaos at this point. No one in Westeros will really care if he dies except maybe Robyn but that is about it.

It seems like they were setting him up to be so cunning (In seasons 1-5) as being able to keep Starks and Lannisters on his side even though he has betrayed both families (Ned's capture and Joffrey's killing) without their or anyone's knowledge.

I assume he will just be a nuisance going forward but maybe the writers can think something up.

https://www.pastemagazine.com/artic...why-littlefinger-is-way-worse-in-the-sho.html