1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Brian T. Smith] Don't be surprised if Rockets sign Jeremy Lin and Chandler Parsons.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Jun 27, 2016.

1. bmd

bmd Member

I mean, it wouldn't be terrible...

Capela
    Motiejunas
    Parsons / Ariza
    Harden
    Beverley / Lin

There is a lot of versatility there. Lin can play the 1 or 2, Parsons could play 3 or 4, Ariza could play 2, 3, or 4, Motiejunas can play 4 or 5.

The good thing is, except for Capela, they can all shoot.

D-Mo: 35% 47/133
    Parsons: .41% 104/251
    Ariza: 37% 185/499
    Harden: 36% 236/657
    Beverley: 40% 124/310
    Lin: 35% 80/226

Total: 37.3%

That would have been good for 3rd in the league last year in 3pt% behind Golden State and San Antonio:

Golden State: 41.6%
    San Antonio: 37.5%
    Houston: 37.3%

2. chandlerbang21

How do the rate midrange? That will be needed if running the pringles offense

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This franchise would be a bigger joke than it already is

4. OTMax

OTMax Member

You gotta be kidding me...we will be bottom of the league and you think ESPN and TNT was bad before?

5. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

What year is this?

6. Ranny

Ranny Member

This move would be great!! On top of their known basketball skills we get some cool extra perks with these two!!! With Lin we get a lot of very cool and knowledgeable new fans that follow Lin everywhere, and with Parsons we get a loyal gentleman who would never do something douchey, besides Parsons would also be great at recruiting maybe he can help us land Howard or something!!

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

the two max star players we've been looking for! FCK YEAH! FCK THE MAVS AND THE ARRIORS b****!

8. awc713

awc713 Member

BTS is a jackass

9. mightybosstone

I'd actually be OK with bringing Lin back if they couldn't get a better starting caliber point guard in free agency. I never thought I'd say that, but he clearly was a good fit in D'Antoni's offense in New York, and they could do worse.

But there are just so many other players I'd rather have than Parsons. I'd rather max out Batum or Fournier than give Parsons and his bad knee anything close to a max deal.

10. JazzLakerHater

Man that was a fun team. Played unselfish, enjoyed playing with each other and they could actually, you know shoot the damn ball.

11. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Haven't the people and the city of Orlando suffered enough?

12. Rox11

Rox11 Member

tinman cant handle this news!
    [​IMG]

13. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I'm looking forward to this. If history is any guide, it will take us from the 8 seed to the 8 seed.

14. AceballerGTR

AceballerGTR Member

I dont know why there is so much animosity about bringing these two back.People undervalue chemistry....remember those 73-9 Warriors?Rockets used to smack them....we swept them that one season.Did they blow it up?No they kept the team together and got chemistry to be what they are now.Judging these players on there own isnt too exciting but the chemistry is there when added together....shouldnt have gotten rid of either before.You guys need to chill because this brand of basketball we saw this season was way worse than those Harden-Parsons-Lin teams,or have we forgotten?Hell,what is Delfino doing these days?

15. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

At least the team was fun to watch when we had them.

Too bad Parsons can't stay healthy.

16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Lin I can't say there will be a chance or not, because our PG situation is really shltty now.

But Parsons? Nah, Morey would rather offer the money to Crabbe instead of Parsons.

17. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Come on Marty - get back to the DeLorean cause it's back to the future!

18. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

My god... We've finally gone full circle. What a ways to go from Western Conference Finals to this utter **** fest. Now that I've contributed to the pessimism, let's get to the meat of things.

Lin, he's rounded out a bit. He's not a boneheaded player, and he has some craftiness in him now. Reuniting him with the man that started the whole she-bang, might be a revelation in disguise. Then again, I could use some more material to add to my turnovers.gif, folder.

Parsons can't even seem to get on the court. He'd rather be making plays during FA than in the playoffs.

I think the only amusing thing is that this is how far the Rockets need to fall for us, as a community, to consider the possibility, that the Lin-Drama, might be rolling back into town, and accept it as the lesser of two evils.

**** that noise.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

And his back still acts up.

20. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

need patpat too.