1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Game of Thrones] Season Six

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rcoleman15, Jun 20, 2015.

1. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Here's my prediction for next season:

Even though I strongly believe Jon + Dany is gonna happen now that R+L=J has been proven true, I think both won't be marching simultaneously towards King's Landing. Jon has his hands full with the incoming WW army which will breach the wall soon. Also there will be a nasty feminine war between Dany and Cercei before a new queen is declared. I expect Dany to be victorious, take King's Landing only to realize the real threat of WW in the North thereby taking her Dothraki horde there to defeat WW where she will meet Jon and finally find a true match who like herself is also immortal, can survive ice or fire, and ride dragons because he's a Targareon.

2. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Jon's not immune to fire. He was burned in S1 defending Mormont from a wight.

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Yeah, the fire immunity was confirmed by GRRM to be a uniquely Dany power. Hell, even her brother couldn't survive "fire"

---------

Season 7 thoughts: Cersei's prophecy must come true. Dany is arriving with the most powerful army in the world and will easily crush King's Landing. There are literally no other powerful houses left in the South to stand against her.

Too much foreshadowing about Jon and Sansa. The only question is what is her endgame and how much of a role will Littlefinger play.

Will Jon ever learn of his true identity and if so, how?

What the hell is Bran going to do south of the wall? Meeting up with Jon is too convenient and doesn't feel very three-eyed raven-y. He must have a role in the Isle of Faces.

Will Melissandre join Dany? Sam will obviously find something of great importance for Jon.

Too many questions, haha

#2483 shastarocket, Jun 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  4. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. TheresTheDagger

Some great conversation after another phenomenal episode.

The one thing not discussed much (or at all?) is the look Sansa and Littlefinger shared at the end of the "King in the North" scene.

I'm absolutely confused about Sansa and Littlefinger's relationship. They made it appear that she rebuffed his advances, but at the same time...she kept her relationship with him on the down low before the Battle of the Bastards. I could be completely off point here....I'm just saying I'm not sure what the Sansa/Littlefinger relationship dynamic is like. There is LOADS of potential for betrayal there somehow. But who betrays who?

6. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

She definitely doesn't trust littlefinger, but she is his student of the game. So she'll use him for as long as he's useful. Sorta similar to how Cersei uses everyone thinking she's in control. I think it's a good foil to Dany and Tyrion who seem to trust each other completely. Of course things between her and Jon are gonna escalate, because otherwise it would be smooth sailing for the Starks and that's just never gonna happen until maybe the end.

I'm very disappointed that Baelish's end game was to rule the 7 kingdoms. It doesn't fit his character to outright desire the throne versus being the power behind the throne.

Is it an anachronism that he uses the word "picture" when he was thinking of a picture in his mind?

7. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Same. Unfortunately it has been all over the internet for years before HBO even picked up the show and near impossible to avoid if you do any background reading on the internet. I don't think it was an obvious conclusion from the books or watching the show, but unfortunately too many people found it and wanted to present it as their own. I know several friends who floated the theory that made me want to reply with "been Googling again, eh?".

I agree and was disappointed as well. On top of everything else it just seems too lofty for him.

10 year old Lady Mormont calling out the other heads of houses of the North. Oh. My. God. That was amazing.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Jon being the kid of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Star, making him the rightful king's choice.

He will either join his kin Daenarys Stormborn to fight the undead or fight her but that would not be wise.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol Jaime Lannister was bad in Gods of Egypt :grin:

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They got to get rid of Cersei.

Jaime can flee to wherever he wants.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I never googled for Jon Snow's origin hard before, so it was a surprise to me at least.

12. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

That was the greatest episode of television music that I have ever seen in my life.

Probably the greatest episode of television I have ever seen also.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Littlefinger told you in season 1 that he wanted the iron throne.

14. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Littlefinger wanted Sansa to rule the north, because that would be in line with his plans. I just took the look as Sansa realizing, "crap Baelish isn't going to like this, and I know what he's capable of."

I could be wrong though. It's possible Sansa is or will be resentful of Jon taking what she thinks is hers.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

foundlings with murderous intent and violins in the background. that was a great sequence. i loved the atmosphere.

nah, she's just buttering him up so she can ask for her sword back

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah I'm not at all surprised he wants the throne. That's perfectly in line with his character IMO.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I do however have a hard time believing that ANYONE in the north is going to give a damn about the iron throne though. They know what the biggest threat is.

18. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

That was fantastic. Breathtaking. Loved Lady Olenna talking smack to the Sand Snakes. A couple of spoilery questions:

1. So Uncle Ben just left Bran and the girl North of the Wall without any transport?
    2. Is Gendry still around? Has his story been discarded? I guess he's not important anymore anyway, but some closure would be nice.
    3. Lady Stoneheart is done? Unless Brienne and Pod run into her next season?
    4. Who else is left on Arya's list? Any chance she runs into other Starks? Maybe Brienne again? Maybe The Hound? Imagine Arya and the Hound running around killing people haha.

19. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Here's a wacky ass theory, what if Danny is not the daughter of the mad King. What if Danny is the daughter of Rheagar and Lyanna and Jon Snow is the daughter of Ned and Ashara Dayne? It adds up.

1. What did Lyanna whisper to Ned? We see the whisper and Lyanna saying promis me Ned. But we never see the sex of the baby and they don't name the baby.

2. Ned is willing to start a war with King Robert over a Targaryan girl that he has never met and actually does pose a threat to Robert. Why is Ned willing to sacrifice everything for Danny in season 1?

3. We know that Ned returned the Sword of the Morning to the Dayne family. He could have exchanged Danny for Jon at that point.

4. The Daynes were loyal to the Targaryans and would have linked Danny to Vissarys and they would have been raised as brother and sister without either of them knowing the truth.

5. Ashara kills herself partly because Ned will not marry her and partly because Ned killed her brother. Ned has no choice but to take Jon back to Winterfell.

6. This whole show started because of Rheagar and Lyanna being in love. It makes perfect since for their love child to be the eventual ruler of the 7 kingdoms.

20. hooroo

hooroo Member

not far from reality. some people will stab you for a few dollars you would give them anyway.