1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

To Charge your Significant Other or Spouse or Not To

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by peleincubus, Jun 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I'm curious about anyone's opinion that would like to give one. If you were in a hypothetical relationship of at least 2-3 years. Both people were in love with each other, and could even be married or not.

The question is if one person had a specific profession. For example an artist, carpenter, photographer, plumber, etc. etc. etc. If this person did something for the other person in the range of $4,000-6,000 worth of work in their profession would you or would not think it's ok to charge that person at for full price or a discount for the services you provided.

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

If you are married it would be dumb.

3. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I wouldn't charge them, but I'd make their project 2nd priority after paying clients (still got to pay the bills).

4. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

It would probably be best to just hire another person and not your spouse. But make sure to clear that with him/her first.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

It depends, do you have any pics?

here are my rates.

1-5, you pay the bills with yo ugly ass.
    6-7, 50-50
    8-9, 60-40
    10, do you want a coach purse babe?

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I wouldn't charge but in return she should be willing to go down whenever you request (multiple times a day) and take it up the backside.

7. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Backside?

8. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

U-G-L-Y, she ain't got no alibi, SHE UGLY!!!!!

9. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Pro Bono Baby!....:eek:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

If you're not sure how to answer this question, you probably shouldn't be in a relationship with that person.

11. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Artist no, photographer maybe, carpenter or plumber definitely; but only if you work out the agreement beforehand. My mom got back together with my dad after 10 years and moved into his house, they were both working full-time professional jobs but she would always complain about having to pay him "rent." So, get that **** in writing.

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Yeah I don't understand this.

What type of scenario would you have to be in to do something like that for your spouse and it:
    1)not be for yourself as well (related to plumbing, carpenter work, etc...)
    2)make sense at all as you and your spouse should share expenses anyway. :confused:

If you've been in a relationship long enough, and you're doing something like replacing her tiles, well the materials should be paid for by her (maybe you could pay for some of it to be nice) but you should probably do the actual work for free...

Otherwise why the hell are you in a long term relationship with her?

13. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

This. Why would you even consider charging your significant other?

Should I charge for cooking meals? You know 2-3 meals per day for x amount of years can really add up.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

If you're not together anymore, a discount is nice. Business on that scale can change relationships.

If you're still together, I wouldn't charge it even if we agreed beforehand. Pretty ****ing weird, and I'd only make a receipt if it worked for tax purposes

15. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Bruh...why would you charge your spouse for services?

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

This has nothing to do with me. It's just a conversation I had with a friend. If I loved the person, was with them in a relationship or married personally I wouldn't even consider charging them money. The notion would probably not even cross my mind. A previous post made a good point though. I would focus on other outside work though if it needed my attention.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I agree. The conversation I had about this was with a friend that is a photographer and he said that he would. I made this same post on facebook and this was his reply.

personally, i think one should keep business separate from personal affairs. Being a professional photographer, if I was dating a model or someone wanting to become a model and she wanted me to build up her portfolio for her, I would still charge her, but I would offer her a discount. (50% spouse discount - haha)

18. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Well that explains it.

"Photographers" are generally idiots.

19. Dei

Dei Member

I'd personally never ask my hypothetical GF to do anything for me for free (including sex). So I guess it works the other way around. I'm expecting a decent girl to realize that those services cost money.

20. sw847

sw847 Member

For me its a NO. would you expect your other half to charge you for your sandwich?

although It depends if 'you' are providing the service or 'your company' is. I mean if you are providing the service, then NO. if its the company you are working for, I would try to get a discount