1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 Free Agency Ideas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cashmoney, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">With Mavs focused on other targets, Chandler Parsons looks forward to being recruited by other teams. Expects max. <a href="https://t.co/F9rDymKs4I">https://t.co/F9rDymKs4I</a></p>&mdash; Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon) <a href="https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/746401517314412544">June 24, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Secret agent Parsons is ready to come home, mission complete.

3. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Conley, Durant, Noah

Let Beasley/Dmo/smith take care of the stretch 4. I'm tired of the endless search for the 4

4. malakas

malakas Member

Here are the players who have been reported as being shopped by teams :

5. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Time to make a trade for Bledsoe or offer Beal the max?

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Time to wait for next summer bro.

7. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Can't afford to. How many summers would that be now? Too many. If we want Harden to stay (I sure as hell do) we have to at the very least get him a sidekick on the offensive end.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i was kinda joking, i'm just too depressed right now :(

9. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

yes, I think this is not our moment.
    It's time to take bad contracts and get some nice assets
    maybe sign Barnes

10. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Go all in for Whiteside, dude is a monster.

11. rockets13champs

We getting no one

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah i mean, you have to sign someone...i'm just not sure about who, you just try with guys like Whiteside and Barnes which are both still pretty young and with some potential left in hope they can become good assets (for when Geroge and or Boogie will be traded lol) or...if you just try to sign some cheap but interesting contracts and keep some cap space to eat contracts (with picks)...' for sure would try to bring in Llull, Gentile.

13. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Exactly, thats why I mention Barnes, Whiteside is another young option.
    Sing old player has no legs.

14. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Yep. Morey and Les are about to hit with a huge rude awakening.

15. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

If we strike out in FA this year I think Daryl has to seriously consider putting out Harden feelers.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yup. Get out in front of the rebuild.

17. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This team need to try out another DWI player after the fail experiment of Ty Lawson.

Tucker was sentenced with a more serious DWI also.

Lets go get him.

18. finsraider

finsraider Member

The goal should be to sign multiple quality players to favorable contracts. We don't want over the hill guys, or someone who's final contract years will be into their mid-30s.

At the top of my list is E'Twaun Moore. At 6'4 and with a 6'9 wingspan, he has the type of length Morey covets for defensive switching. But what sets him apart is his shooting....45% from 3 last year, and he hit 52% in the paint. He's an ideal fit playing next to Harden, whether at PG or coming off the bench. He's flying under the radar now, so I could see a 4 year $32 million contract locking him down.

I still believe this is the year of Llull. If it doesn't happen this summer, then I will agree that its not going to. A 4 year $28 million contract with a non-guaranteed 4th year would represent a massive raise for Llull.

trade Beverley. He has good value around the league for his reasonable contract, but he's not going to be more than a hustle guy with an average jumper. The 76ers and Bucks are the most logical trade partners, as Beverley would fill a need on their rosters and they have several under the radar prospects that we could want.

Sign Amare to a 1 year deal for his familiarity with MDAs system.

Sign Gentile.

Resign DMo.

Trade Brewer to anyone that will take him.

Moore / Llull / Payton II
    Harden / Gentile /
    Ariza / McDaniels / Dekker
    DMo / Beasley / Harrell
    Capela / Amare / Onuaku

I don't love that roster, but it infuses this team with good players on reasonable contracts, maintains roster flexibility, and fixes some of the flaws of the roster.

2 people like this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Who will want Harden though? Can the Rockets get anything?

After all, as Shroopy said, he's a cancerous fat lazy apathetic iso ball hogging turnovers flopping ref whistle bailout point guard Dwight freezing out of shape no defense power over franchise coach killing strippers Khardashian big booty loving parties non-leader fame seeking player.

Who wants that? Rockets may just have to let him walk. =/

20. malakas

malakas Member

The Bucks are not trading for Bev. They are going to pay Delly 10+ per. Unless Bev is a Swartz client? Then we can discuss it. ....

I just don't know fins if the Bulls will let Etawn go. They are kinda cheap when it comes to backup pgs but Hoidberg really liked him there in the end and they have lots of $ to spare as far I know.

I wouldn't mind Burke and Koufos.
    I think a Bev+ Sewer for KK is possible. Maybe they will even throw in Mclemore.

Collison will be suspended for the beginning of the season and possibly even have his contract voided. Kings have zero pg.