1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sixers 'gauging interest' in Jahlil Okafor trades

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Maybe a bit underrated on this Board, purely due to a very poor fit. I think most people, however, would agree he'd be the 3rd or 4th best prospect in this Draft.

2. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

Montrezl and a second? Dear God- just when I think the Cletuses have left the room ...

1 person likes this.
  3. basketballholic

We still got all the Jessies.

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Okafor does have a stellar post game but he is a below average rebounder, passer, defender, and he does not have range at this point. That said if he was in the right system he could excel. He has too many natural skills that can't be taught for guys of his size. I do think he has a lot to work on with respect to being a team player rather than a one on one player. I hope he can land in the right spot because he is an extremely intriguing prospect.

No idea what the Sixers are looking for and no idea why they are looking to potentially move him.

5. Bennie Anders

Bennie Anders Member

The way the game is being played, the Center needs to protect the rim, not back guys down for jump-hooks. Look at Biyombo, now a UFA and maybe a max deal. Look at Whiteside, def a max guy. There is a prototype.

6. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

My guess is they want Ben Simmons, who is a Forward that can't shoot. Okafor & Noel are already bigs that can't shoot, the 3 of them on a team wouldn't make sense, unless you want to move 1 to the bench but you'll certainly get more out of them in a trade than from the bench.

It makes much more sense to try to balance out the roster - trade Okafor for a Top 10 pick, preferably the Cs at #3, and pick, up either Dunn or Hield.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

Me like. The roster needs an overhaul and infusion of youth. Given our current need to rebuild, this may not be sexy, but it would be a move in the right direction. When u have a player like Harden you surround him with youth, or athletes, or someone with a skill, which Okafor has. They don't have to perfect. Harden does and is near.

8. houtown

houtown Member

I might agree with this take at the moment.

Okafor is key if he has his head in the right place in the future, along with being the right context and the right coach who takes advantage of his post game on the court.. He has great skills for a big man on the offensive end of the floor, and plays mostly through his skill set on the court. I was impressed with his skill set while watching him play last season, and had no idea why some people would be disappointed with him as a prospect. The only thing that concerns Me is his demeanor both on and off the court. Would like to see him have a little more fire and/or levelheadedness at certain times during the game. In My possible opinion, he has more potential talent and skill than Towns.

The Rockets better be careful, just as they think they are going with the trends of not utilizing post ups by hiring D'Anotoni, that kind of low post play might just be making a comeback if a team and coach can take advantage of the new age of players on the court.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Would you trade Capela + for Okafor?
    What about Dmo +?
    I would. Immediately.

10. arjun

arjun Member

I would more hesitant for trading capela, a package w/dmo...definitely. but i think okafor is worth more than that...

11. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Did Okafor have a couple DUI's recently that I missed? Why do people think we have anything to trade for him? Hahaha

12. awc713

awc713 Member

DMO is a FA...we can't trade him, not this offseason at least

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">per <a href="https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider">@chadfordinsider</a> the Celtics have a standing offer from the Sixers: Okafor for the #3 - so far C's &quot;want more&quot;</p>&mdash; CelticsBlog (@celticsblog) <a href="https://twitter.com/celticsblog/status/745965567077715968">June 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. rullrich

rullrich Member

Ainge is quickly moving towards being blacklisted with this complete overvaluation of everything they've got. Last year's #2 overall pick at a position they need in a draft weak at the center position...what more could they expect...

Okafor + #24
    for
    #3, #31, #58

seems to make some sense to shed the c's of some of their 7 picks and move up some.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't believe this, i don't think Colangelo is looking for picks, but for players.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

BS. I wouldn't trade Okafor for the #1 in this draft, and the C's are asking for more. BS rumor.

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

True, this rumor is really lame.

18. craguin

craguin Member

Kris Dunn? (Woj said so last night on FB livestream)

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">League sources tell <a href="https://twitter.com/chadfordinsider">@chadfordinsider</a> and me: Philadelphia is ramping up its efforts to acquire tonight's No. 3 overall pick from Boston.</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/746007710563328000">June 23, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. craguin

craguin Member

[Philadelphia Inquirer] Could Sixers trade up and pick Dunn? He hopes so