1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I still dont get...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HTOWNTAKEOVER, Jun 23, 2016.

1. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

Why the hell did we make the playoffs and lose our first round pick?

1. We could have gotten Jeff Teague with that pick based on the trade the Jazz, Hawks and Pacers made.

2. Yall keep saying this draft is weak. Like I said plenty of times, people thought the 2011 draft was weak as well. Last time I checked these guys were in the draft.

Kyrie Irving
    Enes Kanter
    Tristan Thompson
    Jonas V.
    Biyombo
    Kemba
    Klay Thompson
    Alec Burks
    Markieff Morris
    Marcus Morris
    Kawhi Leonard
    Nikola Vučević
    Shumpert
    Jimmy Butler
    Tobias Harris
    Faried
    Parsons
    Isisah Thomas

Point is, if you a good GM you can find gems anywhere in the draft.

Oh and for the people who saying "Morey will draft another Sam Dekker" or "the pick was useless" You act like there is talent on this team currently. There isn't a clear cut number 2 best player on this team currently after Harden. We need all the talent we can get.

Bottom line is making the playoffs was stupid so thank you Morey for ruining draft night for me. :rolleyes:

2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Teague is rubbish

3. JD88

JD88 Member

This.

If you aren't going to be competing for a title, then you need to be building to be able to compete for a title. Yeah, that's not in the spirit of the game, but that's how the NBA works now.

And making the playoffs, getting smoke checked in the first round, and losing our draft pick, doesn't help us build for a title.

4. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Sam Dekker was a wasted pick IMO. I do wish we missed the playoffs but if our players really tanked I would lose all respect for them. 99 percent of us fans knew we had no chance but ant player that thought like that I wouldn't want on my team especially the star player.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

First Round picks are easy to acquire.

- Your friendly arrogant GM

6. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

Dekker wasn't a wasted pick. You cant predict injuries. Plus at 18th overall he was clearly the BPA. This season will technically be his rookie season. Too early to judge him.

7. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

That's like saying Noel and Griffin wasted picks because they missed their rookie season.

8. lionaire

lionaire Member

It's not too late to get that 1st rounder though.

For ex. Charlotte is ready to give up their first if a team is willing to take Spencer Hawes as well. Wouldn't mind him backing up Capela.

9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

you dont expect durant to choose a team that didnt make the playoffs do you? its the only way to make sure he'll choose houston over the likes of the warriors, spurs, and raptors

10. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

yeah man totally why Lebron left Wade, Bosh, and a stable winning environment for a team that drafted #1 consecutively. If the team has talent then the team will be considered whether or not the the team made the playoffs.

How many players do you think would love to sign a 4 year deal with the Pelicans? If a top 10 player is locked up for a good while then missing the playoffs after a disappointment shouldn't be a big deal.

We shouldn't have made the playoffs, and I wish Detroit accepted the Dmo trade. We would have the 12th and 18th picks. Everyone is saying that the draft isn't deep. It's not very top heavy in the sense of a for sure super star potential guy, but there are potential rotational players to be found in the teens.

11. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

Durant wasn't coming regardless so that's moot point.

12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I hate losing -

Sincerely

[​IMG]

13. Sanity2disChaos

is he not better then Bev....

14. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

If we would have tanked, Curry would not have been injured and GS would have won the title. So we have already received good karma from playing to win.

15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Answer: Foolish posturing. So Morey and Les can state the %/# of times the team has made the playoffs since they've been here... and imply how successful a program they have run... stat geek #s rather than actual success - they see how people here cling to such #s/stats with Harden - rather than expecting actual success... ;)

16. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Les makes $1M more in each playoff game regardless of his team winning or losing, that is why.

17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Meh. If we missed the playoffs, yeah we could have gotten Scott Brooks, George Hill (whom I prefer over Teague) and a better shot at Durant.

But still that's a quitters mentality. And a bad look for Harden. And game 3 of that series was still the most fun I had watching the Rockets this year. What's done is done. Move on.

18. hvic

hvic Member

It seems like he was already injured before we drafted him. Don't worry he will be gone before his rookie contract is up.

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

While it may be too early to judge him, unless the surgery involved bionics I don't see him being faster than what he showed in college or limited appearances with the Rockets. I am also hoping he improved his shooting while recovering and readying for his "rookie" year.

Last year i wanted the Rockets to address PG and/or PF positions. And I also thought the BPAs available included a PG and PF (Jerien Grant, Bobby Portis). Needless to say I was disappointed during the first round on the night of the draft. While Harrell was later picked and addressed a need at PF, I still would have preferred Portis over Harrell, and despite Grant's inconsistency in NY I still wold have preferred Grant over Dekker. Grant is a tall PG that defends, and while his playmaking showed promise (2.3apg) his shooting is an area that can improve. If that happens...he would be the exact PG to pair with Harden.

And while hindsight is always 20/20, Rondae Hollis Jefferson (5.8ppg, 1.5apg, 1.3spg, defensive whiz) and Larry Nance Jr were picked well after Dekker and both would have been better choices.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Who cares what Durant wants? I don't see no rings on his fingers and he already had Harden on his team.