1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Which MVP player had the most disappointing postseason?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by celebrevida, Jun 20, 2016.

?

Which MVP player had the most disappointing postseason?

1. Stephen Curry 2016

43 vote(s)
    70.5%
  2. Klayton Kershaw 2014

10 vote(s)
    16.4%
  3. Peyton Manning 2003 or 2004

8 vote(s)
    13.1%
  1. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

To answer this question, I ask only people that are are fans (to some extend) of all three of NBA, MLB and NFL to answer and have some knowledge of the players.

So with that in mind, which player had the most disappointing playoffs compared to their MVP level performance in the post season?

1. Stephen Curry 2016
    2. Clayton Kershaw 2014
    3. Peyton Manning 2003 or 2004

2. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Steph...he was mediocre almost the entirety of the playoffs.

A baseball game/series is essentially a random series of events, so you can blame luck more so than in any other sport. Plenty of nobodies have thrown a no-hitter. Very few nobodies have scored 50 in an NBA game.

I don't know a lot about football, but you only play a few games in the playoffs, so there's more of an opportunity for variance. Steph was mostly so-so over the course of 25 games.

3. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

Steven curry is the worst player in nba history because he was hyped as the greatest superstar ever but has been exposed on countless occasions as nothing but a role player who can only shoot 3's but play him physical he's not even top 30 in the league.

4. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Dirk nowitzki

5. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Let me reframe the question a little bit.

Imagine you were a big fan of all three of these players and teams. (Not likely IRL so you'll have to roleplay a bit.)

Taking into account everything, which postseason performance would be most disappointing.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Phrased that way, it's definitely Curry.

Unanimous MVP of the season was maybe the Warriors 3rd or 4th best player in the playoffs at best and largely no-showed in the Finals.

7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Who the F are Fatton Kershaw and Fatton Manning? Never heard of them before so I will have to go with Steven Curry.

8. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

David Robinson.

9. atamirisa

atamirisa Member

I don't understand why people are so quick to judge others, especially when everything has gone to **** at home. Steph Curry led his team to the best record in NBA history, has been a back to back MVP, and was 1 minute away from adding another trophy to his shelf and would have succeeded if Lebron had not gone super saiyan. GS didn't even Steph to beat us.

Instead of all these threads disparaging others, acknowledge that they're better than us and instead talk about things we can do to get to their level. The way things stand now it looks like we will continue talking **** about other teams for the next couple years.

1 person likes this.
  10. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Sure I can see that. But is Curry that much worse than the other three that is definitely Curry?

If I were a fan, it would be a tough choice.

All three had amazing regular seasons then underperformed in the post season.

For Curry, I personally give him a little break due to recovering from serious injury.

For Kershaw, he had a horrible Game 1 then on three game rest battled before running out of gas. It happens to the best although unfortunately he has a history of choking in the playoffs period.

I think I'd give a slight modification to the 2003/2004 Manning. He had less mitigating factors.

11. SunsRocketsfan

its official..
    harden is once again >>> Curry and the true MVP

12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

This and only this.

Robinson got undressed by Hakeem but at least his team got to the WCF.

13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

This.

Losing in the first round. Lolol.

14. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Completely forgot about Dirk Nowitzi 2007. I guess that season of his has to be up there too.

15. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

On further reflection, I think it should be Manning 2004 easily.

At least Curry got the championship in 2015. Manning lost in 2003 already. And unlike Curry, I don't recall he was recovering from major injuries.

For those picking Curry 2016, why do you think it was more disappointing than Manning 2004?

16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Who is Steven?

17. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

But I don't see how you don't pick Kershaw. He was so ridiculously good in the 2014 regular season but totally lost it in the playoffs. No excuse at all for it whatsoever.

Curry was disappointing, but he still had stretches prior to the Finals he showed up. And while he didn't excel, he didn't generally totally give away the game.

P. Manning wasn't disappointing as much he didn't normally have a complete team. He is more of the Lebron of NFL QB's in that he could get his team so far, but didn't normally have the help to finish the deal.

18. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Curry sucks and I hate him so I picked him.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Only one of them got their only previous success branded with a big

[​IMG]

as a result of their failure. As such, there can only be one answer, Curry is the biggest loser.

20. da_juice

da_juice Member

You're forgetting Dirk winning the MVP and losing in round 1 to an 8th seed.