1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Muslim News] Radiohead Fans Attacked During Turkish Release Party Because Ramadan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by percicles, Jun 18, 2016.

1. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Yes, you point the finger and say, "hey, stop being an *******."

Conversely, am I supposed to tell my Muslim friends, "Hey, why aren't you going out there in the streets condemning these people?" Privately, they do. They think they're just as big of an ******* as I do. But I don't have to justify Christianity every time some crazy ****er does something screwed up in the name of Christianity.

What about all those serial killers who are driven by their hatred of women? Am I supposed to defend women as "it is not the women's fault, it is the men's twisted psychosis that is the problem"? Of course not- because we all know that women are not the cause for psychotics to go psycho.

Now, if you're talking about a country whose government is a theocracy, and that country endorses state-sponsored terrorism in the name of Islam, that is an entirely different story. That's for our elected officials to determine what type of action to take. But as a citizen of the U.S., I'm certainly not going to play into the hands of those who, let's face it, really want a reason to discriminate against Muslims. **** that.

2. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

With 1.5 billion followers you are bound to get a few idiots. That goes for every single religion, however news for some particular religion will always go viral for reasons everyone knows. This crap should never happen anywhere, but hell I think this sort of stuff happens elsewhere with different groups in every corner of this globe....how i forget, tis is de internetz.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The attack is not surprising.
    What pisses me off is that radiohead hasn't played creep since 2009.
    Why so arrogant ? The fans want to hear it.

I've always wanted to visit turkey , not so much now

4. tinman

Supporting Member

Does the store owner have the right to sue the crap out of those dudes ? It's on video

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Have joyous and peaceful Ramadan!

6. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

That is because Jesus never told his followers to behead anyone or to murder apostates.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

What's screwed up is that there were no arrests made when there's video evidence.
    The government condones this crap.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Honestly that is a big part of the problem. In the U.S. if Westboro shot a gay person or set fire to their home, they would be prosecuted. That's a big part of the problem.

9. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

Damn I agree with Lou!

Happy Father's Day!

10. tinman

Supporting Member

That dudes store got trashed. he should at least get justice for the damage to property

11. Exiled

Exiled Member

Meh...alcohol is not good for health, that was a display of tough luv

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Absolutely. The problem is that the gov't in these countries have become so afraid of the radicals they do nothing.

If there was zero tolerance for this kind of stuff - if issuing a fatwa of death led to arrests - maybe we could turn the tide.

There's a huge political element that often gets ignored.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah... convenient.... except the fact that there are entire regions of the Islamic world like this....

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

15. tinman

Supporting Member