1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Copa America centennial-2016

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by K mf G, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Egghead

Egghead Member

Ended up getting seats in section 101 for Tuesday, anyone know how the view from there is in a soccer field setup?

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Heck yes, had it recorded as my son had summer Futsal practice....wow what a game, Bobby Wood is so dangerous....we are gonna miss him.

Jermaine Jones proves once again that playing on the edge is good and can be bad - gonna miss him too.

We also lost Bedoya, I hope Nagbe gets a start now...

Good result 2-1, gritty win....USA USA USA !!

DD

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

4. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qjzBNxaPzB8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Excellent win. :cool:

Without JONES, anyone... and even non-Messis... will play like Messi. Brooks has been solid. I expect him to double up on his good performance against either team y'all face.

It seemed like no call would go against USA after the win was in their hands... though Ecuador showed why you don't waste chances.
    Really? :confused: So you're just going to sell them instead of being a fan? LOLs

6. PhiSlammaJamma

Great win! however, all those yellows caught up with us. It should be a lesson learned. Next man up yes. Team effort to win cup yes, but when you are down several starters it could really show up in weakness or experience in next match. I hope not!

7. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

Depends what section!! If Argentina wins tmrw the demand will be higher.

8. smr6

smr6 Member

Great game, happy to see the USA go through! It will be tough to figure out what our lineup will be next game, Wood will likely be the hardest one to replace. Also worth mentioning is the class US Soccer showed with Bradley's captain's armband.

Hoping Mexico gets through as well so CONCACAF can have a nice representation in the semis.

9. smr6

smr6 Member

Guzan
    Yedlin-Cameron-Brooks-Johnson
    Bradley-Beckerman
    Zardes----Nagbe----Zusi
    Dempsey​

10. The Stig

The Stig Member

If the price is right, I can probably get a good chunk of change for it. Think of it as an investment. I pretty much invested on USA and Argentina winning their respective match ups lol

11. Indaface

Indaface Member

Guzan
    Yedlin-Cameron-Brooks-Besler
    Bradley-Beckerman
    Zardes----Nagbe----Johnson
    Dempsey

I like yours but would be ok with this too

12. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

I swear if he brings in Wondo....:mad:

13. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

This is about the best we can hope for. Sub in Pulisic for Zusi at some point. A shame Dempsey will have to play loan striker but that is probably what will happen. Only other "forward" besides Wondo is Zardes and he is more effective at playing box to box instead of as a forward.

We will need Nagbe and Dempsey to control the middle and figure out ways to attack. Nagbe, if he starts, will have his hands full with Mascherino. Not sure who else we could play instead of Beckerman but looks to be our only real option. :-(

The 2 yellow card in a whole tournament thing is an atrocious rule. I can't believe it is a rule and it hasn't been abandoned yet.

14. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Indeed, most Americans have no idea how good this guy is and some were saying to bench him and not play him at all. He will still be one of our best even at the age of 40. Granted he won't play that long but still. His touch and determination to score around the box are uncanny and only matched by the best in the world.

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

If you're thinking in those terms, think of the odds that you'll ever get to watch the United States play against the best player in the world, not only on home soil, but in your hometown, in a MEANINGFUL match. No amount of money can replace that experience. Money isn't everything.

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

And seriously, 2 yellow cards for an entire tournament?? This isn't rec league. That's a pansy-ass rule, and needs to be eradicated.

17. smr6

smr6 Member

I was leaning towards that as well, but I liked what I saw when we had that back 4 through the group stages so I opted not to break that up. Could easily see Jurgen going either way with it though, and it wouldn't upset me as long as it was one of those 2.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Should be reset after Group stage.

DD

19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

No league I've ever played in has that rule.

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Yup, USA is so very classy!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Apologies..., I forgot it's called GRIT when USA does these things. My bad.