1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 NBA Finals: Golden State vs. Cleveland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 30, 2016.

?

Golden State vs. Cleveland

Poll closed Jun 2, 2016.
  1. Warriors in 4

4.1%
  2. Warriors in 5

12.6%
  3. Warriors in 6

30.6%
  4. Warriors in 7

9.5%
  5. Cavs in 7

14.0%
  6. Cavs in 6

25.7%
  7. Cavs in 5

0.5%
  8. Cavs in 4

3.2%
  1. Rocket_Man_2.0

He could've swallowed and choked on it..and who'd be at fault..Curry!:rolleyes:

2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

If a fan threw an object and hit a player, he /she would get kicked out of the building.

Same rules should apply to the players, no questions asked.

3. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

Curry was in fact kicked out.

4. PeppermintCandy

It sounds like Curry will just get fined for that mouthpiece toss instead of being suspended.

I don't get the reason, is it because the projectile was too small that there was no possibility of actually injuring the fan? So what if it were a coke in a paper cup, or a piece of gum or even spit? All fines instead of suspension, I suppose.

5. i3artow i3aller

Childish comment on my part, mate. My apologies. An unrelated incident combined with binge watching 'Peaky Blinders' left me feeling far too feisty and entirely too thin skinned at that particular moment in time. Fortunately Kwame knocked some much needed sense into me. You know we're cool de la, right, el gnomo? :cool:

6. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I don't want Curry suspended for game 7. It's going to be an epic battle. Yeah, he deserves it, but I want to see the real results of this game.

7. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

There's no precedent for that. If you're talking about Harlem, he clearly intentionally aimed that at an official. I really don't believe Curry intended to aim at any person much less a fan which serves no purpose whatsoever.

8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Kicked out in a game likely to have been out of reach. Curry's behavior warrant a suspension.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He hit a fan in the face from a few feet away with his mouthpiece simply because he was throwing a b**** fit, IMO that warrants a suspension if you are going to suspend someone for doing the same thing with a ref.

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I'm not sure he aimed it but it's pretty crazy Curry happened to hit the guy who was teasing/mocking him the most loudly on that sideline and only fan who was standing up while doing it.

11. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

The league should extend the series

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Curry sure can shoot

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

to me he aims for that guy on the sideline. otherwise he would've just thrown it lower at the floor. instead he actually aims for his head.

15. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

All good breh.

16. Asian Sensation

That's usually what happens when you taste something super salty unexpectedly.

17. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I feel like the tide has turned here from pro GSW/Anti LeBron to Pro LeBron/Anti GSW. And for the moment I could care less about anyone jumping ship. I hate GSW and am a huge LeBron fan. No more bogut illegal screens seems to have affected how GSW can dominate, interesting...

18. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

There's a huge difference between aiming at an official intentionally vs unintentionally hitting a fan. For the refs, they have to suspend you because they can't condone players getting mad and physically assaulting and threatening them bodily harm for obvious reasons.

In the case of Haslem, he was clearly throwing at a ref. In Curry's case, he (and to be fair others) have a history of throwing off their mouth guards in anger and there is no reason to believe it was intentional.

This isn't the first time he has done it. He has done it many times before. Its a bad habit to be sure but as he did not hit fans in the past, there is no reason to think he is suddenly trying to hit a fan. As for that particular fan being "obnoxious", it doesn't appear he was all that aware of him as he flung it and turned around at the same time towards the scorers table. I mean if you slo-mo, it could make it look like he was aiming at him but not in real time.

Now let's look at past precedents of this happening to OTHER players:

1. In 2014, then Utah Jazz center Enes Kanter hurled his mouth guard in the stands to protest a traveling call. The fan who caught it looks kind of pleased with his haul, though he reportedly returned the device to Kanter. The woman behind him looks absolutely disgusted. Kanter was fined $25,000 for his transgression; he was not suspended by the league.

2. In 2012, the Sacramento Kings' Aaron Brooks gave his mouthpiece an amazing send-off, catapulting it into the crowd after his team lost to the Utah Jazz. Brooks was fined $25,000; he was not suspended.

3. In 2010, Andres Nocioni got the standard $25,000 fine and non-suspension for throwing his mouth guard into the stands. So did Kirk Hinrich in 2007.

So for Curry to be fined and NOT suspended is very precedented.

The only precedent for being suspended was Haslem because he aimed it clearly in the direction of a referee. Curry did not do that. He did what Enes Cantor, Aaron Brooks and Andres Nocioni. None of those were suspended. Why should Curry then?

1 person likes this.
  19. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Gsw have a better chance to win Game 7, but the Cavs have some momentum going in too.
    The Cavs can upset them, if they believe in themselves, and if the officiating is fair.