1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden vs Klay

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daywalker02, Apr 18, 2016.

1. T for 3

T for 3 Member

i hear you. we have harden lets roll with him.

what i meant was, i'm not really disputing that if you had those two players and you said "ok lets build a team from scratch" i agree harden is a better suited player for that at this point.

BUT

that doesn't account for klay's positives. sure harden can be "the man" but what kind of player do you want on a team that is already somewhat established? Do you think the spurs would take harden over Thompson? I don't. I think there are a number of teams that would take Thompson over harden. just because of the way they approach the game, because of their attitude and their willingness to sacrifice to better the team. not to mention defense.

I guess what I'm saying is, harden is better, but I would have Klay on my team over him every day of the week.

2. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Klay's better at catching and shooting I guess.

3. thaGREATwall

thaGREATwall Member

Can someone name me one good offensive player on our team this year other than James?

4. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I just wish James had a Stephen Curry, Draymond, Igodoula, Livingston, Bogut, Speights, and Steve Kerr so we could find out who'should better.

5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Fixed.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

...believe it or not, the second best rotation offensive player was probably Pat Beverley.

You could argue it's Dwight due to his PPG but he's such a drag on offenses with his lane clogginess it really shows.

Beasley has a case though hard to tell with his small sample size.

7. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Marcus Thornton and Michael Beasley.

8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

That's funny.

9. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

ummm so you're basing klay's game based on his teammate and coach?

this is not a comparison on how good harden would be if he's in GS or how good or bad klay would be if he's on the rockets, those are dumb and useless comparisons because we're comparing how both perform this past season.

10. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

they're scorers who can put make a few buckets and even can avg 10 point a game if they're getting starter minutes, but that's bout it.

11. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Your are dumb if you don't realize that the talent around you can make your life easier. Coaching and strategy matters. Klay is a vital cog in a fine tuned machine that steamrolled the NBA. The Rockets were dysfunctional from top to bottom this year. The roster was subpar, the coaching was average on a good night and you don't think the difference in roster talent and coaching had an impact on each guys performance? If you don't acknowledge that then you have an agenda.

12. dmoneybangbang

Harden is a player you build around.

Klay is a player you put next to Harden to compliment him.

1 person likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

so in your opinion what's the explanation with going from a 56 win team to a 41 win team with essentially the exact same roster. Or is all of that your reason

14. juanm34

juanm34 Member

^^^^this
    Case closed/ close thread

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Did the the exact same roster perform exactly same? Obviously not, it's a different season. Father Time caught up with a few guys, Harden got fat cat disease, other guys got injured, plus they panicked and put the awful JB Bickerstaff in charge. Their biggest mistake is not trying to upgrade the roster. Morey and Les deserve more heat than they are getting! Harden is an easy target but there are a lot of culprits in the failures of this season.

16. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Harden haters / klay nut nuggets out there

If rockets had klay instead of harden last season, how many minutes more will klay avg with the rockets compared to GSW and how many wins will the rockets end up with?

Same question with harden with gsw

17. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

So you honestly believe, that despite all the numbers you have been shown, that Klay is a better player then Harden? Is that your conclusion?

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

I've made my thoughts on this topic pretty clear. If you would have read the previous post, you would see my position as far as this comparison.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

followed by

20. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I just find the idea of comparing those two to be so absurd, there is just too big of a gap. I guess if you don't believe in any of the advanced stats then it's hard to argue against Klay's team winning more games (regardless of if he impacts that or not). For example, by RPM Klay is closer to being the worse SG then he is to Harden, there is just THAT big of a gap