1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Animated TV] Voltron - New Netflix/Dreamworks Series

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jun 10, 2016.

1. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

Yeah, I think PRs being live action made it really lame feeling. Voltron is mucho mejor.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Power Rangers had the same cast for over 100 episodes and continued the same serialized stroy-line for 7 seasons. Voltron had 80 episodes of Robeast of the week that were also cut together from old footage from different cartoons.

Why do detractors of Power Rangers have such a problem with new seasons of Power Rangers that have a different cast? What is wrong with self contained seasons?

Robeasts looked like **** and were terrible enemies too. Google "Robeast".

3. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

outside of what i already listed, how about the fact that most fans of Voltron (including myself) were no longer in elementary school and watching anything of that sort

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

Voltron was a knock off of this cartoon
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9LpIzcOarXQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Japanese Power Rangers didn't get a giant robot until after Japanese Spider-man which came a few years later
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7P8BxyZddzU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

don grahamleone likes this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't buy that "I was too old for it" nonsense. Mature adults still watch cartoons and Kids Programming. Spongebob, Batman the animated series, Justice league, Steven Universe, Adventure Time, Avatar, Legend of Kora premiered WAY after Voltron.

Those same kids who grew up with Voltron then still watch the stuff targeted toward school children now.

6. studogg

High School and college must have been rough for you.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

My High School and College bball coaches were pretty tough on me, yeah. But everything else was a breeze. I wasn't able to effectively spot sarcasm on the internet though. I still struggle with that.

don grahamleone likes this.
  8. studogg

:grin::):grin:

funny reply - but my argument stands. I only watch any of the new stuff because i have a young child in the age range and he enjoys.

Not sure if you watched youth child geared cartoons straight through college, but my bet is that you didn't. You probably graduated, at a minimum, to shows targeting an older crowd - such as many of those you previously listed.

MMPR was targeted at a very young demo that by the time it aired, I was well beyond. I did watch it with my oldest and just didn't register as being all that good. I would bet rewatching Voltron or any of the hero based cartoons (what was the helmet one where each helmet had a power?) - I would feel the same way. It's all about nostalgia. (after looking on google - it was M.A.S.K. and looks like it's getting brought into the GI Joe universe and rebooted as well http://www.newsarama.com/28400-m-a-s-k-series-in-development-at-idw.html)

However, I've already made several points that are fully acceptable and you've chosen not to accept any.

#28 studogg, Jun 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
  9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Season two starts on January 20!

GRENDEL and jev5555 like this.
  10. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Awesome, I was pretty impressed with what they did with the first season, looking forward to season 2.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Season 3 is up.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Nice

Rocket River

13. EssTooKayTD

I need to rewatch the last couple eps of season 3, but I found season 2 (especially the finale) to be better. The final showdown in season 2 was epic.

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

They really shouldn't call season 3 a season it's more like "part 3"; episode 7 isn't really a season finale. They cut up the "seasons" so they can give fans more episodes throughout the year. Voltron is coming back in October with "season 4" that will include the real finale.

EssTooKayTD likes this.
  15. EssTooKayTD

Oooohhh, good to know. That would explain why it was a let down of sorts for me. Thanks for the info!

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

what, no @tinman in this thread?

Invisible Fan likes this.
  17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Season 4???

Rocket River

19. DreamShook