1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Would It Take For The Rockets To Sign Kevin Durant & Al Horford?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Jun 6, 2016.

1. izeroi

izeroi Member

I said the same thing as I was clicking the link to come in this thread.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

There have been super/all stars picked outside of the lottery. Even outside of the 1st. Even outside of the draft. No excuses.

3. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

It would take Morey holding a gun to Durant and Horfords heads and asking them to sign on the dotted line.

4. tested911

tested911 Member

You know when Moses parted the sea?

Yeah something along those lines.

5. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Could we trade/sign and trade Dwight if he was interested in Atlanta?

6. tested911

tested911 Member

I believe so but Atlanta would have to agree. I don't see why they would though. Why pay him more w/ extra years.

Let him become a free agent and have the market dictate his price and years left.

7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

8. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Fire Mike D' Antoni first, then Les sells his team to a better owner. Still it is likely too late to make a difference, but there will be a hope for a next few years.

9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Great thread, OP. Nice to have the financials illustrated like that.

The Rockets can obviously get it done financially in multiple ways. They key is just getting KD to "commit." That only happens if Harden can hard sell the team to KD.

10. dragician

dragician Member

Beverly is overpaid and overrated. get rid of him murray!

11. madbomber

madbomber Rox4Life! #FreeJVG

Real question is ...What would it take for trading for Blake Griffin and Durant or even to lesser extent Conley on the team ? Just Conley alone with Harden and Griffin would be a lethal team in the west under D'Antoni. (Wishful thinking )

12. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

and this time last year we thought he was an integral piece to our title hopes... can't get em all right. granted we got them almost all wrong this year :(

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

There have, but there's a little thing at work called "probability".

Durant, Westbrook and Harden ended up on the same team because the same team repeatedly had top 3 picks. There haven't been multiple undrafted superstars ending up.... anywhere.

14. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I hope everyone is watching the NBA finals. You need role players at the 6'7 - 6'9 range who play both ends of the floor (rebound, shoot the 3 a little, hustle, and play D). Plus a team the moves the basketball, no standstill one on one watching 1 player do his thing.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not everyone thought that, I thought Brewer was garbage this time last year too. I thought it was a really stupid idea to ridiculously overpay him the way we did given that we had KJ McDaniels, a better version of him, already on the team for cheap.

Keeping Brewer was one of Morey's biggest mistakes.

16. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

We'll trade Ariza and use Corey Brewer to recruit Horford (they played college basketball together and are good friends). Harden will recruit Durant...win!!!

17. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

we all know that but it's all about the demand. Teams are willing to pay.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This is absolutely hilarious on so many levels.

1. I doubt any team wants two scrubs who play the same position. One an overpaid scrub and the other a certified bust.

2. I doubt any team is going to give you their picks for a bust in Dekker.

This is close to fantasy.

19. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I'm not making any proclimations about Dekker but be causious about calling any player a bust after only his rookie year. I remember the majority of this board calling Conley a bust after his rookie year. I remember posters on this board thinking Steve Nash was a scrub early in his career.

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

My post isn't hilarious on so many levels nor close to fantasy. You're just way off. Labeling a rookie who was out most of the year due to back surgery a certified bust is incredibly naive. I'm not saying he wont be a bust, because he might be, but anybody trying to make that judgment right now is being silly. Give him, just like any other rook, one or two healthy seasons first. 1. Sam is a prospect not a scrub, a team without wing depth might be interested in a deal involving 2 of Brew, KJ and Dekker. 2. Dekker has value, he was a mid first rounder last year, I think he could net a high 2nd, we also might be able to package him with one of our 2nds for a mid/late first as well.