1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard Appreciation / Riddance Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, May 21, 2016.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Appreciate:

Your first few years here
    Thunderous dunks.
    Great rim protection.
    Positive attitude.
    Not creating drama in the media during the season.
    Rebounding
    Blocking shots
    Playing with heart for the most part

Good Riddance:
    Your horrible Free throw form and shooting.
    Your turnovers
    Your awful touch
    Your mechanical inflexible motions
    Your whining to the refs
    Your sad picks
    Your sadder post-up game
    Putting your ego before winning
    - Your unyield stubbornness to let go of being a post player (or at least waiting until you were good enough before complaining about getting the ball more
    - Your inability to have a free throw coach or consider throwing it underhand to help you win which is supposedly what you were about
    - For being returning to being a drama queen once the season ended

May your 4th city work out better than your first 3.But it doesn't matter, you're already a champion, right?

2. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I must have missed the notification

3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

im glad he's gone. i defended him all season long but its almost certain he wont give 100% no more. he's capable of much more than he showed this past season. in a contract year he should've gone all out. instead he half asses cuz his team did him dirty.

with capela, i'd rather have a less skilled center to split minutes with capela and which ever pf plays center small ball.

4. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

Any news on DH opting out yet? I know he has until July but just wondering if there are any rumors of him interviewing with any other teams.

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I have no ill-will towards Howard.

I appreciated his contributions while he was here and give him credit for his help in getting to the WCFs last yea.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

There's absolutely no reason for him to do anything until his deadline.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Classic jinx thread .

8. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Pretty sure he cant "interview" with any NBA teams while he is still under contract with us.

9. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

Is this true? Why would he ever opt out without first getting a deal in place?

10. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I wish D12 the best, but I need him to carry a mirror with him at all times. Asking 1 simple question, what have I done today to improve my on court basketball game.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Multiple sources confirm that Dwight is heavily leaning towards opting in this year.

12. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Link please

13. photojoe

photojoe Member

Before we hired D'Antoni, I was unsure what Dwight would do. I could be wrong, but I don't think any team in today's NBA will give him as much money next year as he has with his contract with us. But, at the same time, he would be able to get a longer contract and maybe he would value the long term deal over the one year commitment.

Now, we have D'Antoni as our coach. I don't know Dwight personally, but it's hard to think that there would be any coach that he would rather play for less. I'm pretty sure he would rather play for Stan van Gundy.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/y08gvGpGCwA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

30 years old and Dwight still has no idea what he wants.

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Played hard for two years and gave up last year. He owes us 1 year's max salary.

16. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Dwight didn't get sleep last night. He's taking the day off due to nights lack of respect.

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Because that's not how this works. You can't stick your toe in the water, see that it's cold, and then pull back. Once you opt out, your team has every right to move on and find your replacement. And you cannot reach out to other teams for a new deal while you are technically under contract, which is what Dwight is for the time being.

18. photojoe

photojoe Member

No but apparently you can tell a new team that you will sign with them, forcing them to save money from making any other commitments during free agency, and then have your old team come and lock you in your house until you sign with them instead.

19. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

He's immature but he was our best player in the playoffs while he was here. I have no ill will against him either.

20. ApuN

ApuN Member

Great he picked Houston but.....

he is one of the most overrated sports athletes of all time.

I'd appreciate if the guy would just go