1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Comparing "Trash" Brothers to Other Backcourt Duos

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by celebrevida, Jun 5, 2016.

?

Where do you rank the "Trash Brothers"?

1. Top 1-3 (Top 10%)

12 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Top 4-6 (Top 20%)

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. Top 7-10 (Top 33%)

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Top 11-15 (Top 50%)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Bottom 16-30 (Below Average)

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. celebrevida

celebrevida Member

A lot of people derisively call the duo of Kyle Lowry And DeMar DeRozan, the "Trash Brothers", a play on their description of themselves a year ago during their struggles.

But in reality the "Trash Brothers" might be one of the very best backcourt duos in the entire NBA, despite their inconsistent play.

So how high would you rank this backcourt duo compared to the rest of the NBA?

1. Top 1-3 (Top 10%)
    2. Top 4-6 (Top 20%)
    3. Top 7-10 (To 33%)
    4. Top 11-15 (Top 50%)
    5. Bottom 15-30 (Below Average)

2. ln3012

ln3012 Member

1. Splash Bros
    2. Lillard/McCollum
    3. Lowry/DeRozan
    4. Wall/Beal

3. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

I agree:

1. Splash Brothers
    2. Rain Bros
    3. Trash Brothers
    4. Beal The Wall (Make America Great Again)

1 person likes this.
  4. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I'd put Wade/Dragic over Wall/Beal.

5. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Right now, they are the best in the business, no questions asked.

All time, I feel like I want to say that Isiah/Dumars were better, as well as Magic/Byron Scott and Goodrich/West. Because, those are the ones that produced championships and carried offensive loads for their respective teams.

In other thread, there are alot of great guard duos, but most of them never "won" anything. And, wouldn't have won anything in any given NBA year.

Klay/Steph have a certain synergy together, as they do with the Warriors, which makes them unbeatable. Other combos and teams just don't or didn't have that.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Let me see what this Middleton/Giannis-at-the-1 backcourt is about next year.