1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Greg Abbott drops lawsuit against Trump U. Get's $35K donation from Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Jun 2, 2016.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Hot Wheels sells himself too cheap if you ask me.

1 person likes this.
  2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

linky for the new Trump stinky?

1 person likes this.
  3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If Abbott knew in 2010 that Trump would be the Republican candidate in 2016, he wouldn't have settled for so little. But back in 2010, Trump was just another stupid birther.

4. Granville

Granville Member

You are an insensitive jag off for calling Abbott that.

5. Granville

Granville Member

Try worrying about your candidate under FBI investigation, you know the one who has been busted multiple times lying about the subject. The same one who politically appointed someone to maintain her unapproved / illegal server. Your candidates guy lost all his e-mails and took the 5th on an open records lawsuit and got immunity in the FBI investigation.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Damn, B-Bob. You've got the Trumpettes all crazy like. :grin:

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

8. B-Bob

There are threads about the other candidate. There is even a thread exactly about the issue you've raised.

This is a thread about Greg Abbott and Trump. Pretty simple. Are you actually pretending to defend this donation from Trump to Abbott? I wouldn't, and nobody needs to defend it. It is obviously disgusting and transparent but also legal.

I'm actually surprised the $35k would be so blatant, but again, he wasn't running for pres. at the time.

9. B-Bob

I know, right? It's like any question about Trump now makes me a Shillary. :grin: Damn.

10. NewRoxFan

Seems there are all sorts of threads about the that other candidate. This thread is about our Governor and Donald Trump.

11. JuanValdez

NO! Every thread should be about Hillary's mishandling of emails! How can anyone have a conversation about anything else on God's green Earth with Hillary's emails sitting unresolved like an elephant in the room.

12. JuanValdez

On topic, it's not clear to me from the article when the donation to Abbott was made. The suit was dropped in 2010. Abbott's run for governor was in 2014. Are we supposed to believe a 2014 donation was a pay-off for a favor done in 2010? Or was Abbott raising funds for a 2014 run way back in 2010?

13. Granville

Granville Member

I'm not even voting for Trump, dumbass. I'd vote for Joe Biden before I'd vote for Trump or Hillary, I have said that before.

It's ironic and certainly sad for the white knights of society (Liberals) to pass over a comment where someone calls a man in a wheelchair a derogatory comment and to a lesser extent overlooking the overall untrustworthy conduct of their candidate that it looks more and more likely criminal charges are going to be levied against.

14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Yeah he doesn't deserve that nickname without at least a Professor X level chair.

15. Anticope

Anticope Member

Maybe your panties wouldn't be in such a wad if you spent your time in one of the (much longer) threads that discusses the many problems with Hillary, Mr. non-Trump voter who deflects any criticism of Trump.

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

People of sane mind tend to believe political bribery is quite a bit more serious than name calling. You're here acting like an angry Trumpette because you're bent out of shape that Trump has apparently bribed AG's on multiple occasions to make this University fraud go away but since you have a disabled son you like to "white knight" anyone with a disability. Nice job.

17. B-Bob

Granville, you and I have good non-partisan exchanges at times. I considered the derogatory comment trollish so I try not to reply.

If you think I approve of making fun of someone in a wheelchair, let me assure you that's not true. I'm confident that's also true for 99% of other liberals on here. (There's also the fact that Abbott is pretty much established as a not-smart crook, so maybe people don't fall over themselves to defend him from trollish comments.)

Aside from trolling though, I'd submit we all see white knighting in other groups. To me, social conservatives in America are the ultimate white knights, trying to tell other Americans how to properly behave in their own lives and homes -- ultimately trying to save everyone. But I completely understand how, especially on internet forums, liberals are often the ones coming off as pointy-headed know-it-alls who know best.

Cheers.

18. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Everyone I've talked to thinks Abbott wants to be AG if Trump is elected. I'm not a fan, so I wouldn't mind him leaving Texas, but that would shift Patrick to LT. Might be a good thing if you are a liberal or moderate, since the LT has more legislative power.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'd be surprised if a sitting governor who just got elected would walk away from that position to be a AG.

20. NewRoxFan

A funny recurring theme among republicans. Here on discussion groups they acknowledge that Trump is a ridiculously bad candidate and unqualified to be President. But in the privacy of the voting booth, they know, and we all know, that they will pull the lever next to Trump's name.

Oh, they may try to offer feeble excuse to themselves and others (ie. "lesser of two evils", "he really isn't that bad") but all the same, it comes down to party before country.

Heck, we see Paul Ryan, as sane and responsible of a politician as ever existed, toss aside his principles that he was led by the past few months and endorse Trump. Not the result of any careful re-examination of his worthiness, but because he is the Republican Speaker of the House. Sad, and embarrassing.

So sure, talk about how you would vote for someone not running over Trump, but come Tuesday, November 8, 2016, you will vote for Donald Trump. And the sooner you admit that to yourself and others... the sooner you embrace Donald Trump, the sooner you will acknowledge you really don't care about the future of this country.

1 person likes this.