1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Playoffs] Did anyone play themselves into or out of big money?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rocket River, Jun 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Are there any players that you think upped or lowered their value this off season during the playoffs?

Rocket River

2. mig0s

mig0s Member

Biyombo upped his value for sure.
    People will laugh but I'd say Deandre Jordan lowered his value. Without CP3 he's nothing. Why would you pay him the max if he can't carry his team?

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

I think athletic bigs (especially super athletic bigs like DJ) will always get paid big money.

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He signed a 4 year 88mm deal last summer so unless there's a claw back provision I think he's okay.

5. hieuytran

hieuytran Member

Harrison Barnes lowered his value significantly

6. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Guys like Jeremy Lin, Biyombo, Steven Adams definitely upped their values. I think Dwayne Wade and Whiteside were better than expect so their values are upped too.

The only player I think has played himself out of big money is Dwight.

7. mig0s

mig0s Member

I mean after his contract expires. I dont see him being able to carry a team or have any success with the clippers in the years to come

8. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

James Harden got exposed again

9. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

FOR BEING THE BEST SG IN THE LEAGUE HE ONLY LOSES IN THE PLAYOFFS CAUSE THE SUPPORTING CAST AROUND HIM ISNT GOOD

10. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Not sure if serious...
    Contract expires in 3 years.
    So you're saying that DJ's 2019 Contract will be based on how he played in the 2016 Playoffs?
    In that case, I'll give Bosh the max right now, based on his play from 2013. Okaaaaaaay.

1 person likes this.
  11. mig0s

mig0s Member

Learn to read. I said he wont be any better in the next 3 years and people will realize that he's not worth the max

12. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

sometimes its better to just admit when you're wrong, its really not that big of a deal.

in fact most of the time its best to admit it.

13. roslolian

roslolian Member

The thread is talking about how anyone played themselves into or out of big money this post season why the F would you talk about DJ's value 3 years from now? And how do you even know the impact 3 years from now, 2 years from now he can play great and up his value again.

This is one of the lamest excuses I've ever read on this forum just man up and admit you made a mistake smh

I think the biggest losers of all are Brewer, Tjones,Ty Lawson and DMo.

Lawson is basically having gold turn to stone, he had 12M in hand but gave that up and now he's looking at vet min or might not even get in the league he went from star to trash in just 1 summer. Brewer went from a decent player to overpaid and now the Rox just want to dump him for a bag of chips. Dmo and Tjones were in line to receive 10M plus in FA, a popular analyst (forgot who exactly) even speculated they would get Max money. TJones pretty much played himself out of that amount and DMo might not get a lot as well considering his injury history.

1 person likes this.
  14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Two words: Ty Lawson

15. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Prior to tonight, I would be tempted to say Harrison Barnes, but I'd probably be wrong.

Despite his subpar showing so far (game 1 was decent) he might get a 17+ million per year just because of is youth, athleticism, and the magic word "potential."

Plus, physically and skill wise, dude just looks like he has EVERYTHING! But I woulnd't want my team to pay him lol.

16. OTMax

OTMax Member

Unfortunately no on playing themselves OUT of big money. Harrison Barnes has not looked great, Batum did not do anything special, Marvin Williams all of a sudden couldn't shoot anymore so regular season fluke maybe, Lin was his old self, Aaron Brooks was nowhere to be found, Dwight & Josh showed when one AAU teammate doesn't do well the other shows his sportsmanship and joins him, Luis Scola just didn't do anything worthy but his regular season was pretty solid so. Still, most of them will get paid, based on the cap rise and history of play.

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Biyombo and Adams were the big winners, no doubt.

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Biyombo can't play well in the Play Offs unless it's home court or what some claim is a comfortable environment. He's a big question mark but the fact does hurt his value.

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Defensive centers aren't meant to carry a team, he's a piece you add when you already have one or two great max players. Did you expect a defensive center to carry a team without CP3&Blake by blocking 20 shots a game and averaging 40pts/game on dunks?

20. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

This was my initial thought after reading the thread title.

If anyone offers him max money, they should lose their job immediately.

He cannot be counted on as a consistent offensive thread when he has the FOURTH best defender on him the majority of minutes he's on the court.

I'd give Chandler 'chronic knee injuries' Parsons the max before I even dream about giving it to Barnes.