1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2016 Free Agency Ideas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cashmoney, Apr 28, 2016.

1. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Ha ha ha... Were you related to that bum he was caught kicking or what? The guy will play somewhere in the NBA...

2. hvic

hvic Member

Lin or Sergio will not be coming

3. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Durant, Conley, Barnes, Fournier, Horford, Batum... etc

There are players to be had, maybe two of these on the rockets.

Durant and Fournier.

Damn.

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Same position though, not happening.

Capela
    Horford
    Durant
    Harden
    Beverley

MLE/D.Mo
    Beasley
    MLE/Ariza
    Gentile
    Llull

This is probably the best possible scenario for us...

5. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Durant or Barnes could play stretch 4 or Ariza if we keep him...

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yep, but in that case you need a small ball center -> Horford ;)

Horford
    Durant
    Ariza
    Harden
    Beverley/Llull

7. Caesar

Caesar Member

Llull would not come here to be a bench player.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

If i am the coach he's the starter ahead of Pat, but i'm not sure he's in a position where he can pretend to come here only if he has a starting spot guaranted.

9. Since75

Since75 Member

My man I'm far from ignorant. What is ignorant is jumping into a middle of a conversation not knowing the context. I will allow you to read the posts associated with my statement and then hopefully you will be enlightened.

10. Since75

Since75 Member

I stand corrected if my words implied you were being a Rick. Not my intention. I understand your thoughts. I also know that. All of the teams you mention have always been more talented especially at the 4 position yet the Rockets have still been able to somewhat compete. I also know that every player I mentioned whether a decent player or not are better in every instance than any current Rocket player. With that thought in mind considering the Rockets ability to at least compete sans this year , that a clear upgrade in the perimeter positions may offset some of the glaring deficiencies at the 4. After All GS is winning because of the 3ball not because of superior post play. Even their 4 Green is a wretch 4. The Rockets at that position don't even have a stretch 4 which everyone cites as a big time need. I felt a good shooter like Teletovic was a poor man's Anderson w/o also is defenseless yet will be much more expensive. Time will tell. And to your thoughts on Horrors and Durant, I don't see how you can pay them both without either or both of them taking significant cuts in salary and/or the team. Being gutted to make room. If done you will have your team of big stars. . Still need the others as Shaq vwould say. I'm just a die hard can searching for answers for what seems more and more to be an unsolvable problem.

11. basketballholic

Sign Brady Heslip 3 years $6 million.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

13. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Not sold on Harrison Barnes misses a lot of open 3's, tends to disappear in games. He does not give you more than Beasley.

14. Nook

Nook Member

D'Antoni: "See Les, Daryl is a nice enough guy. I like him, you like him, but maybe he can't get the big name guys to sign on the dotted line.

With my offense, with our offense Les, you know that players want to play here, with you as the owner. A championship owner that has gone to the playoffs more than any other team. So you gotta ask, why isn't Daryl getting players like Durant or LeBron or even Batum.

So I don't know. You know, you gotta hold people accountable and maybe Daryl just doesn't have the stones. Just something to think about Les."

Alexander: "Interesting... make practice fun, I am going to be watching."

D'Antoni: "Absolutely, practice is only going to last 15 minutes or so. We are playing the Spurs, so not much is needed to be worked on defensively. We will watch some clips of Harden off the pick and roll and then shoot several hundred threes and hit the showers."

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I want no part of Barnes. Not only is it insane to give him 20 mil a season given his vanishing act this postseason, but he's completely redundant as long as we have Ariza, Brewer, Decker, and McDaniels on the roster. We desperately need help at the PF and PG spots. Focus on those first.

1 person likes this.
  16. Ryris

Ryris Member

Barnes is not worth whatever he's getting this offseason I think Conley would be a good fit next to harden. Don't know if I would pay a whiteside to not be super significant upgrade over capela

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

My concern with Conley is that he'll be 29 starting next season and he's had health issues the last 2 years heading into the playoffs. We do need a PG and he'd be a very good addition to the roster, but I just don't know if it's wise to invest 20 mil a year in the guy. If it's a 3 year deal with a 4th year team option, I'd be all for it, but I can't believe for one second he won't get a better offer from another team(like Dragic did back in 2012). The Rockets would be forced to overpay badly to get him.

18. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Put together a package for Brandon Knight or Eric Bledsoe.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

What is the obsession with these two guys. One cannot stay healthy to save his life, and the other is a SG in a PG's body who can't facilitate the offense (actually not bad fit next to Harden), but still... I don't get the obsession with Phoenix's PG's... especially on near max contracts. Screw that.

As long as Harden is here in Hou, you will NEVER get great value in paying high dollar for a PG... especially one that needs the ball to be successful. Harden will always be the more effective play maker.

You're real investment should be at the 3/4/5 spots. I like the idea of going after an upgrade at the 3 mostly because it seems to be the spot that works best as a complement to Harden & be able to play off of him from the wing. The PG can't as much in the Rockets offense with Harden being the primary ball handler.

20. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I would take a flyer on Bledsoe, dangerous player risk is maybe too high..