1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden and Conley under MDA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, May 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Sanity2disChaos

I agree that and pay cut would say alot.

2. Sanity2disChaos

Don't have to go to far to find the truth. Westbrook is a special player in his own right.

3. Sanity2disChaos

Chris Paul would laugh at your lack of intelligence.

Chris Paul is a real PG. He would fit any offensive system. Especially MA.

4. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Tend to agree with that especially given all the stories from end of last season where Harden demanded someone else to carry the offensive load which is why Lawson was brought in. Just who knew we would get a Lawson with the problems he had.
    Put good players around Harden and don't let him shoulder the load, then we'll be fine. Problem I suppose is getting those good players to come to Houston.

5. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

I like Shroeder, he plays with attitude.

6. Sanity2disChaos

Schroeder is the ideal prospect moving forward. Is he even attainable??

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Less than 0% chance. He is maybe the most valuable piece on that team.

8. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

Not really worth it from an asset (money) allocation standpoint IMO.

Harden is still going to dominate the ball. Conley is decent off the ball, but not outstanding. Also, adding Conley just wouldn't give you enough flexibility from a lineup standpoint. Conley-Beverley is too small a backcourt to play a ton of minutes.
    If you're gonna throw two max deals out there, to me it's gotta be Horford and Batum. Horford is Amare light on offense, but obviously much better on D. Batum gives you another playmaker and allows you lineup flexibility, with both him and Ariza being capable of playing some 4. It'd fix a lot of needs (shooting, perimiter defense, SF/PF upgrade, small-ball 4) in one move.

9. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Agree with this. I would love to have Batum on this team. We have missed a play-making small forward on offense since Chandler left for Dallas.

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Two schools of thought here, I guess.

1. As close to Mad Max as we can get. A hybrid 1/2 who can D up, handle the rock a bit, and shoot it from downtown.

2. A playmaking PG. I know many believe James can't play off the ball.
    But get him the ball in space with the advantage...have an offensive flow out there. Guys getting shots in it/playing in rhythm. Bigs getting it as they seal guys off, dribble penetration, ball movement, PnR, a little motion in the ocean...opening up easy buckets galore. (including wide open threes)

And James can take over when he needs to.

Sure, we need to play D .....and have a front line. Personnel changes need to be made. Now, there is TIME to implement a system and moves...whether we agree or disagree with which one/under who.

I REALLY hope we're surprised by the product...

Our amazing Dr. Frankenstein, as always, has Jerry Jones with a gun to his back.

Anyway, let's bring in the clowns ...

Ladies and Gentlemen, in the center ring, for your viewing pleasure ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXxztZs82yE

11. YaoforPrez

YaoforPrez Member

Beverley is under a 4 yr /25 mil contract. Conley will get a near max contract which will be in the ballpark of 19 mil a year. Both have identical career .373 3pt %. Both solid D. i can't justify paying Conley 3x as much as Beverley for "leadership" and a minimal if any improvement shooting wise.

12. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

So, it's goin down?!?

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Bev cannot play in MDA system IMO. Conley could, if he and Harden legitimately buy-in. Yep, Conley will get the max.

14. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Plow, you described the Dubs. We don't have those players. Can we find our share? We ate light years from the top. I wish we had opted for a step-back year, Owner Alexander SIR.

BTW -- IMO Rox need to move Harden all over the court on O and play him at the 4 on D. And if we're not gonna win big enough then let's at least have some fun!!! (This season Shirley wasn't.)

16. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

We are not getting Conley, Memphis can pay him the most, too much money for what he does a bit better than Bev.

17. Ryris

Ryris Member

IMO Conley is a significant upgrade over Beverley. Conley would benefit from wide open threes next to harden and would hopefully be the type of locker room leader harden needs around him. Also, conleys defense is a significant upgrade over Beverley many mistake Beverley's effort for good defense, his individual defense is ok but we need a team defender like Conley; team defense is much more effective. I honestly think a pg like Conley would fit perfectly next to harden, but don't know about him under mda. Everything off court I've heard on Conley has only been positive and know he works incredibly hard at his craft a good model for harden to be next to.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Agree with this. The flexibility part is key. Rockets need to be able to play big and small. Just take a look at what the Thunder did to shift their lineup around to matchup with the Spurs and Warriors.

19. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

20. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I like the screen name.... the pig miller