1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors are a fairly easy team to hate

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Dankstronaut, May 30, 2016.

1. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

That's because Twitter, Facebook, message boards didn't exist in 1995-96.

If clutchfans was like what it is now in 1995-96 there would be non stop threads about how the media props up Jordan and Olajuwon is better. People would be starting threads about how dirty rodman is. People would make threads about how lucky the Bulls were to never face the rockets. Threads would exist about how the media doesn't respect the rockets championships, etc

2. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

The Warriors don't get much hate from fans in general, either. Clutchfans != world. The Warriors are basically where the Bulls are--mostly the most popular show in the league, bitterly hated by some and a couple of fanbases particularly.

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Thompson is my least favorite player in the league. He complains about EVERY call against him, carries a fake tough guy persona, is a cocky b*stard in the media, has the arms of an 11 year old girl and moves like his upper body was pasted on someone else's lower body. He also has one of those faces that you want to punch when you look at it.

Not a fan of the way Curry carries himself on the court either. I'm ok with guys celebrating when they score a bucket and I'm good with guys who get emotional when they are putting it down on the court but Curry does it in a way that gets under my skin. It's like he is the antithesis of all things masculine and alpha. Where most guys celebrate by banging their chest, flexing or doing something where you're like "this mothereffer is feeling it, son!", Curry runs down the court with his scrawny little shoulders hunched forward while doing some goofy shimmy dance with his mouthpiece sticking out and goofy grin on his face like he is some perpetually happy r****ded kid. He is like a crack baby that somehow sold his soul to the devil and in exchange didn't ask to be rich or to have a hot wife or to at least possess the body of a grown man. No, he asked for a ****ty looking jump shot that keeps going in.

You know what? Thompson and Curry are tied for my least favorite player. Draymond Green is third.

4. FearTheBeardJH

They hate us cause they ain't us #StevenCurryGOAT

5. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

Now, you should wonder: would you have those same perceptions of those players if they were playing for us and the we just won a title, 73 games and were working on a second title?

Partisanship has a lot to do with how we perceive things.

6. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

That's because when they beat teams everyone knew how and why they did it and it made sense from a sound, smart basketball perspective. Jordan was going to eat you alive at the rim or mid range. Same thing for Pippen to a lesser degree. Defensively, they were going to smother you and wear you down. They won with the GOAT, good shot selection, amazing defense and disciplined role players. They also played physical in a time where physical basketball was allowed.

The Warriors win by taking what are considered horrible shots by every other team in the world and even though they make them, it is still tough to make sense out of. It's really difficult to not rationalize what they do by calling it at least partially good luck. Just look at this past game. The Warriors lose if Thompson doesn't break the record for three pointers made. And many of the ones he made were horrible shots even by GS standards. He literally caught, turned and chucked a few that were nothing but net. No setting feet, no squaring shoulders just chucked some of them. Losing like that has to stick it to OKC more than if they had lost because GS had great ball movement setting up open threes or dominated with more points in the paint.

The moving screens that never get called and the cheap shots to peeps' nuts sure don't help their likability.

7. CallMeTheDream

Guy are you kidding me? Kobe and Lebron are certified legends and at points were undoubtedly the best players in the world. I believe they have the right to be as cocky as they want, besides their games were/are a lot more respectable then douchebag 3 chucker curry running off illegal screens. Curry ain't earned jack crap yet but goes around acting like an entitled fucc and probably believes he's better than jordan because espn entertained that bs. At least westbrook goes out to play with fire and intensity every single night like it's his last game, whereas curry walks out knowing the refs have his back and expects the win to be handed to him. I've never in my LIFE seen a player luck his way into a ring as easy as curry did and then to act so cocky as if every team's pg he played wasn't injured. Curry is the last punk I'd put on my likeable players list.

8. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Other than the universal hate for lebron's decision, neither of those teams were more disliked than teams that came before them. You sound young, and are probably suffering a confirmation bias, since Kobe and lebron are who you remember receiving flak the most.

This goldenstate team is hated because they bend the rules, as a team, and as a culture, to win games. The entire organization endorses the stupid bull**** they use to win. This never happened on the lakers, or the heat. I may have hated specific players, but I never hated the entire teams way of playing.

The hate goldenstate receives is more like the Jazz or the sonics. They will never reach the heights other teams have, because the simply aren't the same level of talent as the showtime lakers, 90's Bulls, or Hakeem rockets. They cheat to win, and the league helps them.

When people debate the greatest Teams in the future, this 73 win golden state team might not even be in the conversation. It's a league manufactured product, and while it's hard to tell now, it will be obvious in the future. the same way their will never be another MJ, no matter how much marketing happens, or how much the league wants curry, lebron, or Kobe to be one.

9. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

You didn't even need the first 2 paragraphs. It's obvious that they make hard shots, but other than klay's 3 pointers, nothing they do is truly extraordinary. What's truly never been seen before, is the league letting them get away with things like cheap shots. It's stupid.?

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i have to say, i didn't appreciate curry's slow walk down the baseline after making his last layup in game 6. underachieved basically the entire series and then acts like he just secured the parade on that shot :rolleyes:

11. Outlier

Outlier Member

Lol i really dont see this much hate from other teams' fanbases. Some of yall's reasoning are just sad.

12. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

It's funny when rockets fans who hate the Warriors try to bring up how much better the 90s Bulls were. Basically they are admitting that the rockets two championships are asterisks because MJ didn't play full season and they got lucky they didn't face Seattle

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Warriors are not easy to hate. They are just basketball players. Some of you are just hateful people.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

is thomas robinson just a basketball player?

15. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Good one Liberace...

I understand that thought but I genuinely don't just hate to hate. I didn't hate the Spurs or heat winnings. I didn't hate the Celtics wins. I genuinely do hate this Warriors team though.

He's a dbag, no doubt but his game is pretty straight up.

Tim Duncan? Idk, maybe this is where you can just call me a hater regarding curry specifically but almost everything he does seems entitled. I don't deny his ability but the way he constantly tries to show everyone up, I don't get down with poor sportsmanship.

I mean, you can't really argue that the Warriors don't have like 4-5 guys that are dirty nasty. Led by a star player that acts entitled, shows off... They act like EVERY shot is a crazy shot. The dubs fans are genuinely insane, I wish we were more like that where every shot that falls is a big deal. Curry hits a 3 GAAAAWWWWWOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Yeah, it's 46-42 with 8 minutes left in the 2nd quarter lol....

Fair enough but you can fairly say the Warriors put quite a bit of effort into self promotion during the game, or arguing calls, etc. honestly, Lebron isn't my favorite but that team plays tough and doesn't come across as dirty ball.

16. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Some interesting peeks into poster's psyches here:

At least his/her 3rd comment like this. Closeted homosexual.

1. I bet Klay and Curry lift more than you brah.
    2. You're mad that he celebrates with joy. Your life must be awesome!
    3. I don't understand the last couple sentences. He IS rich, he DOES have a hot wife, he has a better body than most 'grown men' (no Liberon), and perhaps most confusing of all... a '****ty looking jump shot'? Wot? Even the BLINDEST of blind haters wouldn't say that.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Given that he averages 12.9 minutes per game for a 21-win team, the answer is pretty much "No, not at the NBA level."

Besides, I do not hate him. He has don't nothing worth hating. He is just objectively a terrible and ineffective NBA player.

18. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

Yeah, I, too, wish we had a home court advantage and crowd like Oracle's. This is the first time I've heard crowd being loud for the home team spun negatively. I suppose you get marks for creativity? lol

"Oh, man, they really are happy when their star player hits a shot! lolwat, amirite?"

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I respect them for their success, and for the immeasurable sacrifices they make for each other as teammates in order to reach higher.

However, I don't like how they handle winning. I've never really felt that way about an NBA champion or contender, so I'm pretty sure it's specific to these guys. The way they approach interviews, the way they carry themselves on the court, the way they celebrate shots and argue calls... it's just not the behavior of a true competitor, it shows a lot of insecurity and I'm really not a fan of that.

20. Breitbard

Breitbard Contributing Member

"Easy to hate" always says more about the subject than it does the object.