1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Warriors are a fairly easy team to hate

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Dankstronaut, May 30, 2016.

1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Now when it comes to the Houston Rockets I can be a homer...

But I've got no horse in this race. It doesn't matter who wins, I'll even admit that durant and Thompson are two of my favorite non-rockets, casual fan watches.

So I got into a discussion with a dude who just couldn't understand why people seemed to like the thunder more. I said, steph curry is arrogant, as a team they play a pretty rule bending brand of ball and as a team they are probably one of the dirtiest teams the NBA has seen in a while. He didn't agree, am I that far off? Am I just a hater? Now every good team has an enforcer type that will go tit for tat with any guff coming from the other side...but he asked who is dirty on the Warriors? I was kinda dumbfounded, easily found several videos of dirty play in the last two years of basically everyone on that roster....save curry who lets his enforcers handle it and Thompson who is just a baller.

Green is a ****show. We can agree on that right? Livingston is a dick puncher too. It's like you can build houses for the homeless you're whole life but you **** one goat right? Punch one set of testicles and you're a **** knocker for life Imo. Bogut and varejao have long been recognized as guys who will get down and dirty. Ezeli been in a few shoving matches, speights has been known to headlock and clothesline people...idk, not that I follow dirty players but part of this team getting so much coverage is knowing they can get extra curricular pretty quickly.

Am I really that far off? It was pretty easy to find the YouTube vids and he acted like it wasn't proof. Idk if I'd call them dirty as the jazz of old but they're probably close, especially in today's softer NBA....

He said Adams and the thunder were just as dirty and they hosed the Spurs. I can see Adams is right there but the thunder as a whole don't even come close to my eyes.

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

They play for the 'Gay Area' literally. To overcome such a stigma they have to play dirty.

3. dback816

dback816 Member

You know very well you'd take those guys, especially Green, in a heartbeat if GS offered them to the Rox for peanuts.

Are you 13?

4. Outlier

Outlier Member

Mostly everyone will hate the champs year after year. You're just finding things to hate on them for because others appreciate them more than you want them to. It is a psychological thing. It happened to me too with the Lakers and the Heat. But when I look at it on the outside looking in, these Warriors are way more likable than douchebag LeBron and selfish arrogant prick Kobe. I mean people hate Curry because he's arrogant? Have people forgotten LeBron's antics and Kobe's a-hole attitude? Warriors are the flavor of the year. It's natural. You're missing out on greatness while you're being salty. Get over it.

5. Outlier

Outlier Member

Also, are we forgetting Westbrick? Do people just ignore him when he has that ugly arrogant look on his face like he's king of the world when he makes a great play? And his a-hole interviews? There are way more things to dislike on Westbrick than Curry.

6. SK34

SK34 Member

People hate them because
    * they make every shot (from what it seems) at the craziest times.
    * the players act extremely humble in press conference but are total douches when it's game time with the way they act.
    * Draymond Green gets away with a lot of ridiculous things such as screaming at refs, foiling and such. His over reaction to every call vs him, like he cannot do any wrong at all times. Matter of fact, we got people thinking he is a "super star".
    * Andrew Bogut (everything about him)

All of that put together with them winning is why people hate on them.

7. VanityHalfBlack

I think it's more the sport's city than it is the actual team. Do people still talk about Richmond/Mullen tandem? In my view, the bay area has had it good for what, 6 years now? Maybe it's time for Cleveland to win one for a change of scenery.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i have respect for livingston, both on the court and the way he's battled back from injury.

i can respect westbrick for his effort and anti-flopping floor game.

adams is dirty, albeit not as dirty as bogut/green.

kd is a choker.

curry was aptly described in another thread here -- humble brag. thompson seems a nice enough guy, but like curry, is a huge beneficiary of the league's refusal to call illegal screens on GS. he also logs a lot of poor games that conveniently get overlooked by media and award voters.

respect for ibaka, roberson, kanter, barbosa, iggy, ezeli, barnes, waiters. they've all had their moments as support players.

i have respect for what donovan has done in his rookie year, even though he was outcoached the past 2 games. kerr has a very punchable face.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't get the "Curry is arrogant" thing. Which superstar is not arrogant? If anything, guys like Westbrook, LeBron, Wade, Lillard etc. comes across much more arrogant than Curry.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Are you mixing cocky with arrogant? Maybe arrogant isn't even the right word, but I have learned to not like Curry this year too. To me, he's like a spoiled brat tennis player when I grew up. Hated those types of players. Tennis players would know what I mean. I've never seen BBall players like that, but it makes sense that a NBA player's son would grow up that way

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I guess I am thinking about cockiness. Most great players are cocky. Curry is not more than them.

I don't play tennis. So I don't know what you mean. Are you talking about McEnroe arrogance? Don't see that in Curry.

Are you talking about snobbishness with rich kids? That could be. But how does that show on the court? I do feel that the second generation players are different than the first generation players in their demeanor.

12. DreamEarlNolan

I hate the Warriors because they are marketed as good guys, when they're not. They are one of the dirtiest, cheapest teams I've ever watched. At least with the Pistons they didn't try to hide who they were.

13. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

So much this.

Steven curry is thrown in your face by the media as a humble guy but this dude is cocky and arrogant as fk. I mean does he need to do a silly dance and entice the crowd every time he makes a shot. Donkey chews his mouth at everyone even the refs and never gets tech'd. Igudala makes the most dumb faces. Easily the most hatable team of all time

14. Rocket_Man_2.0

When I say superstar players get preferential treatment, most people will agree. But when I say superstar teams get preferential treatment...I’m a jealous hater!
    If the NBA favors superstar players when it comes to officiating. What’s stopping them from favoring superstar teams? Nothing! There’s plenty of dirty players in the NBA, but they don’t get away with what the Warriors players get away with. Call me a hater...all I want is fairness. The NBA has always been bias, but it’s super obvious with the Warriors. The Warriors are allowed to play a certain way that other teams are not. Warriors are given a lot of slack when it comes to screens and defense….but when it’s the opposing team it’s called tight. That ruins the game of basketball for me. Warriors are a team being propped up by the league to seem a lot better than they really are. I’m sorry I can’t appreciate the Warriors like you do. Fake greatness is what I see from the Warriors.:rolleyes:

15. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

It's easy to hate the greatest team of all time. Just like people hated the Bulls before that. Aristotle has a saying, with great success, comes great envy.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't think the Bulls got that much hate from fans to be honest.

17. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

Honestly yall really just sounds like haters lol. It's basketball man and if you don't get excited when you hit a crazy shot or make a play that gets your team and crowd pumped then something is wrong with you.

18. Newlin

Newlin Member

It's hard for me to hate a team that plays hard every single game. Teams that play with effort have my respect.

Teams that don't play to their full potential is what drives me nuts.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The hate for GSW is directly proportional to your love of the Rockets.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Hate Curry, hate Warriors, hate their media exposure.