1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

One story from 7 seconds or Le$$ about MDA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, May 28, 2016.

1. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Dan Fegan wanted a max-deal for Matrix, so he started to make push on GM Kerr, Suns owner Sarver and D'Antoni, forced some ultimatums and eventually they decided to make a panic move a trade expiring Shawn's contract to the Miami Heat for Shaq (WTF).

From 7 seconds or less:

And here comes the question:

How can a guy even possibly take control on James Harden and earn his so-called respect (Harden doesn't really respect anybody on the Rockets to me), if he let one of his players agent to own him like that?

Is this a strong personality of a man who respects himself and what he's done for the organization?

Looks like another puppet to me.

2. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

I'm proud to be a Rockets fan and nothing will ever change that lets go Mike D'Antoni the next great coach of the Houston Rockets!!!

3. YaosDirtyStache

I think any real fan should be mad about this. Its one thing to love your team, its another to support it when they keep making poor coaching choices.

Rockets need a new owner.

1 person likes this.
  4. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Management of any kind have to deal with egos- the more money people have, the more entitled and difficult they can be. If you think NBA players are tough, imagine dealing with NBA owners. Even the best coaches ever, like Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, or Greg Popovich can't "control" players. The selected anecdote is hardly damning to D'Antoni. It sounds like Fegan was trying to make his own life easier by getting D'Antoni to do a solid for him and vouch for Marion.

5. MistaK

MistaK Member

Serious question have you ever heard of Harden's agent making these kind of demands; Did you ever hear Harden talk like this about his teammates...why is it that Harden is painted as some sort of uncoachable out of control guy?

Every coach who has ever worked with him, from Brooks, to McHale to the US coaching staff have never said anything bad about him (Yes I know there is this other theory out there, that even coaches are not allowed to say anything bad about Harden) - so why does everyone think he needs to be put in place?

MDA was not my first, second or even third choice. But according to some reports he didn't get along with Anthony and Howard and Gasol (not sure about Kobe). So clearly, he doenst mind getting into it with star players.

If he and the assistants can implement a new system on both ends with a different culture (and hopefully not the exact same offense he is always trying to run, as your system should fit your players), Harden is not likely to just ignore them all and do his own thing

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I don't know why they do that on here and if you call them out on it they call you a Harden only fan. Dwight has had people from every team he's been on complain about him being yet those same people defend him. It's a double standard when it comes to Harden for some unknown reason. No proof?doesn't matter say it like its the truth anyway. A lot of the Harden hate in the media came form screwball troll theories on this board and that's sad.

7. HorneR

HorneR Member

Whelp, it helps -- and hurts -- that we don't have a single player outside of the obvious that could even potentially garner that kind of recognition...

Fegan is without a doubt the most obnoxious entity currently chilling on the bball peripheral, but I'd absolutely deal if it meant we had another player worthy of MVP chatter.

8. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Anybody who disapproves of Mike D'Antoni is a FAKE FAN. Did you guys know D'Antoni is a former Coach of the Year?

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

This. I understand that some folks don't like all the negativity, but it's well deserved. This has been the low point of my 23 year rockets fandom. For a while now I've been hoping we would go in a new direction; really try and emulate what the great teams have done by building through the draft, developing our own players and building around them, developing our own coaches and creating consistency and a winning culture. It takes time and patience but it can set up your team for more than a decade of success. But Les has decided to take shortcuts. He wants the "splash", and he hasn't been interested in doing the tough work of rebuilding.

This move will set us back another half a decade; we are no where close to contending and free agency isn't going to change that much.

I'm hopping mad about it; and everyone else should be too! I'm tired of this transient approach. It's not cutting edge and it's not smart. It's an attempt at instant gratification at the expense of a winning future.

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

And Less will gladly take your check on the first and fifteenth... go rockets!!!

11. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Nice post.

12. seeingred

seeingred Member

we'll get there brother. in about 2 years when harden walks away, D'Antoni is fired, Les sells the team, and Morey is let go. "The Harden Years" will be another 30 for 30. "What if I told you that, for a few years in between 8th and 9th seed finishes, the Rockets were sort of interesting?"

13. Le$$

Le$$ Member

This is a hurry up offense thats not used everytime, but it forces the defense to make fast moves, and usually the offense gets shots off faster.

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The point is the guy has not coached a game yet. We don't even know what the roster will look like. Hell we could be rebuilding. You guys are running around like your balls are on fire. I'm starting to notice that a lot of the negative stuff in the press starts with this board.

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I know it was a rough season but try and keep it together, lol.

16. dwhite

dwhite Member

Les did not make the pick, Morey did. I am amused at the narrative that the bloggers of this site have come up with. Morey absolutely loves Dantoni and his 3 point analytical system. They are a match made in heaven! If Dantoni fails then Morey and Dantoni will be fired by Les.

17. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

The rest of the league basically caught up to MDA. He's nothing special. Morey said he'd address our coaching and accountability issues and nothing about the hire suggests they did. This is les all the way

18. Le$$

Le$$ Member

7 seconds? or harden dribbles the 24 second clock out and pringles throws a flag! lol

19. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I disagree with you on James Harden. I think James Harden is just a dude who just wants to play basketball and get paid. That is all he cares about. He doesn't care who coaches him or who plays with him. As long as he gets paid he'll play basketball. He is no Carmelo or Dwight Howard drama queen.

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That probably wasn't so much Fegan making D'Antoni cave in as much as it was D'Antoni trying to keep the team together and focused. Read up on the backstory of that Suns team and Marion and you'll find that even though they were winning, Marion was a bit jealous of the attention Nash was getting and thought he deserved more. They were afraid Marion was going to tank because of this. Here is the entire quote from the book you should be looking at :