1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Now that coach is out of the way...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Since75, May 26, 2016.

1. Since75

Since75 Member

No need to cry over the coaching choice. Lets figure out who should be in and who is out personnel wide.

If in fact Harden is going to be the primary ball handler in the new offense it seems that he will need several shot maker/creator(s) around him.

How bout Eric Gordon. 4/60 mil (Injury history notwithstanding because someone is going to pay for a shooter)

Derrick Rose. ( Trading Ariza, Beverly, and KJ) (Rumors are he or Butler will be moved plus Rose's injury history)(Again!)

Whiteside. 4/85 mil( Mental case but he has no problem playing ONE and is a Rim protector and Rebounder.

Harrell as the undersized but extremely atletic and energetic PF and

Harden

That 3 guard line up which D'Anyone has run in the past at Phoenix would be quite potent IMHO.

Cap wide the Rockets would still have roughly 7 to 8 mil to get a Solomon Hill and with an exception a Jared Dudley.

Full in the rest of the roster with Beasely, Dekker and cheap guard.

Just a thought. Feel free to go in.

2. Since75

Since75 Member

Apologize for the autocorrect. I meant Whiteside has no problem in the PNR.

3. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Dougt anyone marquee will come here with the clown now running the ship...

Expect FA to go very similar to the coaching search..

4. Since75

Since75 Member

Money will cure any feelings of doubt for most players. Rockets will have to somewhat overpay but this is not Basketball purgatory. I think many fans are overreacting just a tad.

5. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

lol, was gonna say... pretty sure he'll play 5, not 1. You caught yourself already though.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

JUST A TAD!? they are setting fire to the GARM.

7. Since75

Since75 Member

Me thinkest that after the summer all will be forgotten and the same angst will turn into great anticipation.

8. Caesar

Caesar Member

DeMar DeRozan might be the most realistic big name out there. He'd probably enjoy getting his stats under D'Antoni like Harden. Guys who just want big money and stats and big booties. Problem is DeRozan can't shoot 3's worth a damn.

LaVine is another guy i want badly. Offer Thibs Ariza and Bev for LaVine and another player. Let LaVine play PG even though Harden wiil really run the point. If he says no. Morey has always wanted Rubio, so target Rubio.

Of course there is Sergio Llull. I'd like to see him come over.

I want Dudley for his shooting and small ball stretch 4 ability like our boy Delfino. Deng is also a possibility, as is Marvin Williams.

But, as far as big names. I see no one other than DeRozan willingly wanting to be a Rocket under D'Antoni.

9. Since75

Since75 Member

Agree with Dudley for sure. Derozan I believe will go elsewhere and as you stated can't make 3's which is vital. Rubio is a nice thought as well. Just don't know if Harden is going to want to play off the ball. Everything hinges on Harden and the role he plays in the offense.

10. Caesar

Caesar Member

That's true. If we do get a true PG, will Harden be willing to play off ball more? I doubt he can be a Joe Johnson role. JJ is a better pure shooter than Harden. Harden being more of a streak shooter. His game is not really meant for running around screens, etc.

Another target i'd like to see. Avery Bradley. Magic Johnson was a big PG and didn't play much D, Byron Scott and Cooper defended the PG's. Maybe a PG sized SG to play D on PG's while Harden plays point and defends 2s? Bradley would be perfect for that.

11. Caesar

Caesar Member

Ainge would want too much though. He's a b*stard, but a damn good GM because he doesn't get raped, he does the raping.

12. Since75

Since75 Member

I agree a on all points Cesar

13. Since75

Since75 Member

I agree with you totally on that Caesar

14. Since75

Since75 Member

Sorry for the double post.

15. therox3

therox3 Member

now that we have a coach let's go strike out on some big name free agents and draft some undersized players.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

More importantly - what should I do with the 200 bucks I spend on League Pass, now that Leslie has gotten the coach out of the way?

17. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

We need a big that can shoot and rebound, A PG capable of starting, and a lights out shooter off the bench. Morey has his work cut out for him now.

18. juanm34

juanm34 Member

We are screwed!

19. Since75

Since75 Member

A lineup of Whiteside Dmo Bazemore Eric Gordon and Harden would be potent. A bench of Capella Dudley Beasly Ariza and Beverly is solid. Contenders. Only move to be made is to give Brewer away to ensure the additional space that MAY be needed.