1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Next step] Trade for Griffin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsLegend, May 26, 2016.

1. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Blake Griffin would fit perfectly with D'Antoni's system. Harden and Blake Pick and roll all day.

jb86 and kjayp like this.
  2. marky :)

marky :) Member

With Wicky Wubio as pg

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Can we cut this thing out from now?

I've already seen people saying Batum can be our Marion and now with this Griffin stuff?

We're not the Suns. Stop putting yourself in a position that you will 100% be disappointed with very soon, and then you have to lash out shortly after. Harden is not Nash. This is a different team and MORE importantly a TOTALLY different league.

We have to build our own team based on the best deals available.

Ramo$e likes this.
  4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Oh and how are we going to get Griffin? Is Morey going to trade Jones for him and then force LAC to pay Griffin's contract while he plays for us? This has about as solid a chance of happening as Trump building a wall that Mexico pays for.

5. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

This

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=j7llrgk

Downside you wont have Harden anymore and I'm totally fine with that.

6. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Convo be like

Morey: Hey, Doc, we know Blake has had some issues the past year, and were wanting to make an offer.

Doc: Go on...

Morey: Well, we're willing to give you guys you've seen can produce first hand, guys like Corey Brewer, remember game 6?

Doc: lol

Morey: Well if that doesn't knock your socks off, how about the rest of our .500 brigade? Ariza, Bev, Beasley...*jewish chattering in background*...sorry, Les likes Beez, he wants to offer Dorsey but I'm not sure he's aware that donkey dick is in Europe. We would offer draft picks, but we traded them all for an alcoholic scrub. So, what do you think, Doc?..Doc? Les, I think he hung up.

Les: It's all your fault Darrell! Me or Mike could've done this ourselves!! GTFO THE 2005 COACH OF THE YEAR WILL BRING THIS TEAM BACK TO GLORY!!!

Morey: *analytics*

Les: Okay, one more chance, but make sure you sign Lin again, that guy is MONEY

*lottery bound season ensues*

1 person likes this.
  7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Definitely. Thank god they hired MDA, so now they know they should try and get a really really really f'ing good power forward on the team!!!

Had they hired another coach this would have never occurred to anyone!!!

8. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Why would he want to come here?

9. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Don't forget J-Lin. Linsanity LIVES!

10. underrated015

underrated015 Member

I was thinking this but for us to get griffin. We can only trade the beard. Clippers would be stupid to do anything else.

11. Nimo

Nimo Member

Hopefully D'antoni has learned that he has to bend his system to fit the players he has and not go around trying to find the perfect players for his system.

12. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

So no, you should not try to "rebuild the Nash Sun's" but you should target players to fit the style of play you will be trying to play. That mean's Bigs who roll to the basket better and can play in the high post. It also means wings who can shoot better. I'm not saying the old fashioned PNR. You need to add new wrinkles but it can be done.

With Harden's skill set, utilizing a heavy pick-and-roll offense will maximize his efficiency. Griffin would be a great PnR partner to pair with Harden, and honestly is much better/versatile than any post player the Sun's really had.

Having said that, good PnR bigs are somewhat undervalued in NBA right now as stretch 4's have taken over. A big who is efficient/effective in a PnR offense recently only gets paid, if you they are elite on defense.

13. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

How you plan on getting Griff? Minus Harden they have nothing worth trading for

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I don't think Doc will trade Griffin.

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This too, lol.

16. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Holy Crap. I just realized that Jeremy Lin might be back with the Rockets.

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you. This kind of magical thinking makes me sad. I'm not even frustrated; I'm just sad.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

DMo for Griffin, thrown in a pick.

;)

DD

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

One trick pony coaches other one trick pony.
    Great offseason. :rolleyes:

20. rockets13champs

Would be fun but please play defense guys