1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden is not on an ALL NBA team for 2015/16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, May 26, 2016.

1. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Well, he was snubbed of MVP last year, and snubbed from All-NBA this year. Next year he'll be snubbed of what, an All-Star position?

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

hilarious I have 1 person on ignore Bobby. Now you've gotten to the same level as him. that's ridiculously pathetic. Glad I don't have to see your ****ty posts any longer

3. choujie

choujie Member

There is.

In terms of offensive talent and stats, he belongs to at least all NBA 2nd team.

But in terms of defensive effort and leadership, he belongs to all NBA scrub team.

4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This, there isn't one. So basically in this thread one side is confused and the other is just celebrating, lol. I can understand not liking Harden and I don't like his defense either, I hope he improves in that area but there really isn't an argument for him not to be on the any team than petty hatred. There just isn't.

5. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I like the narrative of acquiring KD, surrounding him with offensive garbage, loading him with minutes, & then calling him a quitter or soft when he gets injured due to fatigue.

That should be next on the list, since we **** on every player that doesn't win us a championship.

I see the GARM still sucks as much as this fan base.

1 person likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

JH- numbers good + subpar season

the other guards-numbers good + good/great season (in GSW case historical)

thats just what it came down to imo.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

8. chandlerbang21

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

9. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

This is hilarious and true.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Media looking at harden not making all NBA team <a href="https://t.co/91NJlN67TW">pic.twitter.com/91NJlN67TW</a></p>&mdash; NBA All Access (@nballaccess) <a href="https://twitter.com/nballaccess/status/735913403303202817">May 26, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10. Marteen

Marteen Member

Probably the playoffs.

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Being blocked by a guy because I rightfully called him out on his bull****, seems like a win to me, lol.

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

harden to argue that harden isn't better than some of those guys bc he definitely is but for me specifically and obviously the way the NBA did it, they rewarded those guys for the season they had and took other things into account not just numbers.

13. chandlerbang21

More that PPG matters. Also 50% of your points scored during the season coming from the FT line and being a turnstyle on the defensive side of the ball matters as well

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I guess they are crappy rocket fans too or Harden haters, right delusionals?

15. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

I get your point. Toronto had a good season, so I guess they gave Lowry the edge this year. Wondered if the Rockets would have been about a 6th seed, would that have changed anything?

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

here's where I think some of the trouble lies, in understanding the nature of this as an "award."

It may be helpful to think of making first team, second team, etc. NOT as an award (on a par with MVP, DPOY, or ROY) but rather as an "honor." Players are honored with All-Team mention. They are not "awarded" with that status per se. The reason that distinction matters is that "honor" has to do with respect. I think one of the reasons James did not do well in the voting is because he simply lacked the respect of a (large) number of voters this year. He did not earn the respect of those voters. And we have Zach Lowe's account already of how he decided to vote, which is the first of presumably many explanations for what would otherwise appear to be a snub. Harden not being honored with All-NBA is less of a snub and more of a reflection of his diminished reputation in the league. Hopefully he works to fix that next year, but as others have noted in this and other threads, there's no guarantee that this will motivate him at all.

on edit: here's a book that discusses the idea of honor as respect, hopefully conveys something of a sense of what I'm driving at here.
    http://press.uchicago.edu/ucp/books/book/chicago/H/bo3622763.html

#196 Os Trigonum, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
  17. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

It is what it is, right? You can't argue with the results, but you can question their methodology.

18. Mr Chuck Norris

This topic has 5 stars...

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

posted this earlier. to me i think so

1 person likes this.
  20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

His defense was no worse than other on the list which was brought up. Not only that but those people had more help. I think Harden takes the L on this because he has Dwight which people see as help but Dwight really isn't help in that regard, not since he's been injured anyway.