1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden is not on an ALL NBA team for 2015/16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, May 26, 2016.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

No Rockets fans are getting glory out of this!

This SUCKS! This isn't about us hating Harden, It's about not celebrating this stupid season. THIS SEASON SUCKED and rewarding or celebrating Harden for it is WRONG.

I love the Rockets and if Harden was any kind of a leader he'd be ok not making an ALl-NBA team because he didn't give 90% of the effort he did last season to deserve this spot.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I don't like Harden's defense either. Fact is he deserved to be on this list, though. If Harden was concerned about his public image as you suggest, wouldn't he play better defense if he could? You know because it's destroying his image.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

A bad season for the Rockets going into the year based on expectations would've been a 5th seed and getting beat in the 1st round by a strong 4th seed. The Rockets looked hapless and disinterested for the whole year, and at times look like they did not want to be on the court together. It was more than just a "bad" season, it was the most disappointing year that many of us can ever remember as a Rockets fan.

There's a reason that there is so much more vitriol on here this offseason. Rockets fans are angry and are lashing out. They want everyone to feel the same anger that this team inflicted upon them for 82 games. Believe me, no one is singling out just Harden or Morey. With the amount of pent up frustration we have, we can hate on Les, Dwight, JB, McHale, Brewer, Jones, and everyone else on the roster, too (and we do).

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

not upset at all. you just have no idea what you're talking about and try to act like you do. its just hilarious seeing you try to call out people and I have no problem firing back when you have no business doing so especially when you want to mention me specifically. at the end of the day you're nothing to me so i'm good regardless

now if you want to get back on topic like myself and others here then do so. otherwise keep your agenda away from me.

5. csc177

csc177 Member

Harden better get his act together....ADIDAS is watching!

6. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Shouldn't be the number 1 factor. Harden was the better shooter, rebounder, passer, defender. Lillard had the better team/coach and slightly lower TOV%. That's it. So unless having a better team/coach is your #1 deciding factor, you never pick Lillard over Harden by the impact/stats alone.

This isn't supposed to be a popularity or likability contest.

7. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Klay Thompson over Harden? lol.

8. onreego

onreego Member

Someone just bumped a thread to gloat. I think some folks are getting a little bit of glory out of it.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

did you take a look at the depth at that time. was it as deep as the guard position as it is right now. Id definitely say no.

if yo'ure going to argue about numbers why aren't you saying derozan should of made it or Isaiah thomas. If you're going to keep pushing the JH stats are better only view than you should support those two as well. Do you think they should of made it too?

10. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

There's absolutely no argument for Harden not being on ANY All-NBA team.

I just can't fathom anyone justifying this, even the Harden haters. Whether he cares or not is irrelevant because it's something that's indeterminable from our point of view.

11. onreego

onreego Member

While others just go on a media tour to justify themselves to the public.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Amen, this guy is a loser and will never do anything in houston. Some guys get rewarded and want to play harder. Some take that seat and never get up.

Congrats to Haren for being set for life, I have no expectations of him for my team. Our front office is just as bad so if he bails I wouldn't blame him either.

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

who said it was the #1 factor. we have no idea that is. What if they just weighed all points evenly and just took the best that satisfied most of them. Taking away the success Lillard had and the way he lead that team that lost 4 starters and were supposed to be in a rebuilding stage is not something you'll see from me. I'll never fault that.

14. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Exactly. Klay does one thing really well - hit shots at a higher than expected rate from anywhere in the court. I don't think he's a great defender. Everything else he's a non factor.

15. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

But were IT and Derozen numbers James Harden-type good? I don't think so. They were barely allstars in an Eastern Conference that doesn't have many true star players. I am saying since Tmac put up superstar numbers on a team with a terrible record, and got a 2nd team all NBA award, why can't Harden put up Superstar numbers and get his team to the playoffs and atleast be on the 3rd team.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

So what's the new narrative for the delusionals?

17. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Again, that was a product of good coaching and the sum being greater than the parts. But on an individual level, Harden was the better shooter, scorer, rebounder, passer, defender. If GSW loses does that take away from Curry having one of the 10 best regular seasons of all time? People need to define their choices clearly. This is an INDIVIDUAL, REGULAR SEASON award. Harden deserves to be recognized as a top 6 guard. It's not saying that much given his output this season.

18. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I didn't try, I did call you out. That's why you replied to me.

19. dje243

dje243 Member

You answered your own question there sir. People have Harden slotted and are too short-sighted to recognize their own biases. People, especially on the internet, are most concerned with being viewed as right. This is what drives the narrative.

Example:

Klay Thompson gets beat on a backdoor cut... ignore... Klay Thompson is a two way player. Harden gets beat on a backdoor cut... vine it so narrative hive mind can retweet and feel smart... James Harden is a bad leader and sucks on defense.

Any facts in the form of stats that go against the narrative are also either ignored or labeled for easier dismissal. Anyone who disagrees is also labeled for easier dismissal: Harden only fans, stats nerds, kool aid drinkers, etc.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member