1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden + all new starting line-up

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, May 25, 2016.

1. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Bingo. But don't say that too loud. His cult actually thinks he's the next Blake Griffin

2. DustinS

DustinS Contributing Member

If Ariza can get his three point shot back on a consistent basis he becomes a valuable player for us. The problem is that he still has tremendous value around the league especially for contenders and he is the most valuable trade chip we have.

Pat is a solid point guard coming off the bench. The lineup cannot afford two guys who play above average defense but have a streaky jump shot and cannot create.

It seems the formula for success has become clear.

Two out of three of your smaller guys have to be great offensive threats. The other needs to be a great role player with defense and a good jump shot. You have to have one big man rebound and play defense and the other be a dominant rebounder.

I like a lineup like this.

PG- Offensive threat but not a liability on defense.
    SG- Harden
    SF- Ariza
    PF- Above average shooter with decent rebounding ability
    C- Dominant rebounder who can set a pick and get to the rim.

Maybe...

Teague/Conley
    Harden
    Ariza
    Love/Griffin
    Biyombo/Whiteside

It doesn't have to be the exact players but in theory these are the types of players.

3. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Anderson is a better career rebounder at 5.6 per game vs Dmo's 4.0 per game (his per 36 is better as well).

Both have had back issues and neither are rim protectors. Anderson is the better shooter. Dmo is the better post player.

I'd say signing Anderson instead of Dmo would largely be inconsequential as neither are legit starters and aren't going to give you much toughness at the PF position. Signing both of them would be redundant.

I'd just assume look elsewhere unless we somehow locked up a legit starter at PF and one or the other comes at a bargain price.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

DMo coming off injury still rebounded more last season than Anderson did and is more likely to give you more rebounding in the future.

Sure Anderson is the better shooter, but that's all he brings and it's not like DMo is a bad shooter. DMo gives you very good shooting for a PF along with plus defense and a plus post game. If you want to see someone who is going to sign for way more than they are worth, look no further than Anderson.

Given that the Rockets have DMo's Bird rights, it would be REALLY stupid to go Anderson over DMo. Basically if you can't get Horford, you aren't going to be improving over DMo at PF this off-season.

5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Agreed. D-Mo and Jones cam pack their bags.

6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Your joking right? Leadership is an issue but out talent level is very subpar compared to even teams like portland.

I'd love to have Aminu and there two big boys down low Gerald Henderson and then throw in a cortney lee with s jarred Bayless off the bench. That's just naming a few and those are all players that can be had for cheap in most years. We've. All been so gung ho on getting the big names that we've completely forgot what a good role player looks like, Im at fault it this too.

But looking back at it. Tjones is not a good player beewer is not a good player he had a few decent years on a bad twolves team and before that couldn't eveb crack a rotation. Ariza has been in the league a long time and was never known as a shooter till his last season in Washington. Bev was playing in Russia.

I just think we need to sign more guys that's high draft picks that didn't pan out as 1-2-3 options. Those guys usually make very good role player in their mid years.

As of right now we have 3 loto picks on our team. Harden dwight and brewer. Howards gone and most want brewer gone. That's pretty sad if you ask me that a team can't sign trade for more quality pieces. I get the star chasing I really do but we have to sign the role player this year around harden, get a good coach and system, make some noise in the regular season win 50+ games compete in the playoffs maybe win a round and then go into the offseason with a roster in need of just that one Allstar level guy to come play with harden and take it to the next level. This is possible and what we as fans and the front office should be trying to build for.

Forget trying to win a chip next year that's not happening but position yourself to have the roster in place to go get that guy next summer with a 50+ win team that already has role players and a legit mvp guy.

7. joeson332

joeson332 Member

what is Rockets fans obsession over Ryan Anderson?

8. photojoe

photojoe Member

I didn't think it was possible, but that lineup looks significantly worse defensively than we were this past year.

9. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

Vintage dmo?

The hell has he done besides rarely flash potential with inconsistency and injuries?

You dmo fanboys are worse than jlin fans. At least lin was somewhat productive, dmo literally has done nothing. But I guess when you're white you get all the breaks.

10. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

If we're not going to compete for a title, I don't see the point in being playoff bound unless we're young and developing. Don't throw us into the Mavs situation of old role players who used to be studs mixed with decent aged vets to only show their face for an extra 4-6 games post season and then bounce. Give me youth or give me a ship!

11. wiseguyX

wiseguyX Member

Noah/Capela
    Deng/DMo/Beasley/Montrez
    Ariza/Dudley/Dekkar
    Harden/KJ
    Conley/Bev/(Augustin)

No more of the Lawsons, Dwights, TJones, partying, lackadaisical players around Harden. If we want to change him we need to change the locker room around him.

12. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Ariza is not stopping anybody, plus DMO severly lacks lateral quickness. Anderson can flat out shoot the ball night in and night out. This line up can run a system offense much like the kings under Adelman. The kings were not great defensively but they ran teams out of the gym and got stops when they needed.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously, that lineup is just garbage. Horford is the only player of the group that plays good defense, Bev isn't a very good defender but he might be able to get under someone's skin and throw them off their game every now and then, Harden is the next best defender of the group and we know about his problems defensively, and Anderson and Beasley are just pathetic defensively.

I imagine someone could create a worse defensive starting lineup, but it would be difficult.

14. StrawberryJamm

Fast switching defence, gang rebounding, run and shoot, Harden/Noah pick and roll with 3 shooters sounds hard to stop.

Personally I think Batum at the
    4 spot in this kind of lineup would be money better spent than Conley, but good thoughts.