1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rate the last movie(s) you watched

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ClutchCityReturns, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Got this anonymous rep:

2. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I almost gave up on it too. It was late and after an hour and a half of dialogue i was starting to fade. I enjoyed getting into the characters and some of the dialogue early, but it just dragged on too long. But about halfway it picks up...you're almost there.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I stopped right at the part where it's revealed that the woman saw someone add poison to the thing. Should have taken 30 minutes to get to that part, not 90 minutes. And I can love me some slow burn movies, but damn this was slow.

4. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Captain America civil war -9/10 great movie, it was long but it didn't drag on. Great action, story was easy enough to follow.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Hateful Eight was definitely slower plot-wise than most Tarantino movies, but the dialogue is what you watch Tarantino movies for, and Hateful Eight is some of his best dialogue yet.

6. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I'm going to say this until it happens... Netflix or HBO needs make a show completely centered around "The Continental Hotel" from that movie. I felt like that was a whole universe that would be fun as hell (and violent as hell) to explore.

jsingles likes this.
  7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

London Has Fallen - 6/10 good entertainment, at moments terrible CGI

8. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

That actually think this is a great idea.

eric.81 likes this.
  9. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

All the Way - 7/10

Cranston is fantastic and every scene with him is interesting. When Cranston is not on screen, the film definitely loses something. The person playing MLK was pretty weak.

10. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

That would be a really awesome series...and so many different possibilities and storylines.

eric.81 likes this.
  11. jsingles

jsingles Member

Theater: Money Monster 4/10
    At Home: The Purge: Anarchy 8/10

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I agree that is a good idea if done well.

13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Sunshine- 7/10

Good movie, recommended by JayZ750 in the Peaky Blinders thread. Well directed. Okay acting. Weird story-line.

Didnt understand how that guy got onto Icarus 2 in the first place?
    Also, how did Kappa(Cillian Murphy) and the girl not splatter when the sun guy threw them off the inner payload cube?

14. PhiSlammaJamma

Fantastic 4:0/10

This is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Seriously. Cast was horrible. No pace. Poor CGI at times. Right from the opening scene everyone seems like a dick...the teacher, the snotty Reid, the entire thing's family, and on it goes. The plot doesn't even register as reasonable, "we deserve to go so we are going." The only thing I did like was the fire CGI and the plastic man on the slab all stretched out felt different. I did like Harvey's character ( assume this is the same guy who created Abmination in the Hulk ). However, I would not want to be listed on the credit list for this movie. Total crapfest. Hard to believe they let this go public. Gave it a chance because didn't think they could be that bad... again.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Brooklyn: 3/10

This little art movie got rave reviews. Historical pic of poor Irish girl coming to New York in the mid 20th century.

But aside from a few scenes in a boarding house, it is drop dead dull, with no tension whatsoever. I don't need explosions and CGI in a chick flick, but what is her struggle? Why are we watching?

OMG, you have a nice place to live in New York and a good job, and I'm supposed to sob b/c you don't like it? You miss your sister back in Ireland? Wow, color me devastated and on the edge of my seat. The soundtrack tries to do the work of a dull script, swelling with emotion at key scenes which you wouldn't otherwise understand were very important.

Basically, you get to watch an entire movie of the lead actress making this face over and over:
    [​IMG]

This can be interpreted via award-worthy acting as excitement, sadness, love, pity, regret, and mirth. Go figure.

I want to rip something up I'm so frustrated. Downgrading it to 2/10. At least Mrs. B-Bob had a sense of humor about it, so we started making fun of it halfway through.

16. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

"All The Way" on HBO - very interesting movie, curious to know historically accurate it was. I'll give it a 8/10.

17. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

The Lobster- 7.5/10

Some parts were wonderfully disturbing and bizarre, but had some nice moments of dark humor. Also the overall social commentary the film tried to convey was bold and thought-provoking.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_lobster/

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Finally finished Hateful 8.

Was ok. 5/10, maybe 6/10. Won't ever watch again.

Also watched the new Fantastic Four and of course it was horrible. You can't even really critique it as a film because it's such a mess.

1/10

1 cuz Kate Mara is pretty

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The Other Side of The Door - Sarah Wayne Callies 7/10

The movie isn't scary just interesting.

20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

X-Men - Apocalypse
    7.5/10

Liked not loved. Continues the Superheroes versus Superheroes theme for this year's summer movies.