1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets leaning towards D'Antoni is also a way to show Dwight the door

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 18, 2016.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

Les will be Les, idiots will be idiots.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

But but Morey is not part of the problem. JVG never got interviewed. Can't believe people are so ****ing stupid on here.

3. #CTCJET

#CTCJET Member

Somebody start a tank thread...;)

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

WTF are you talking about? Les wants Pringles and you're acting like Morey opposing him is a problem. D'Antoni isn't sure bet at all...

5. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The personnel is bad. The defensive coaching is bad. If they fix the personnel issues...thats a good start. Stop acting like defense is our only problem. Watch the games.

6. KevinMchale

KevinMchale Member

Flashback

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0OpIXWK26FU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe

7. gotsis

gotsis Member

This is so immature, specially for a professional basketball team.

I mean, Dwight was the only big free agent to have signed here and was part of the team that reached the WCF and instead of handling it as a professional franchise, they send passive aggressive messages through a coach hiring process that should be taken much more seriously or, at the very least, garner some more creative options.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

you're telling me to watch the games while not acknowledging defense is the #1 problem. that definitely sounds like someone who doesn't watch the games. don't even try that.

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Conspiracy theory:

D'Antoni is not really an option. JVG is a done deal, will be announced after Dwight confirms he's opting out.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Wow...no way that is the reason for hiring a coach you otherwise wouldn't want.

Dwight isn't opting in. There is no reason to do this as a psych job. His new agent would be a fool opt in.

If anything, this is just negotiating tactics with JVG...feigning interest in another coach.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Are they expecting JVG to be expensive?

12. heypartner

btw: Why all this fear that Dwight is opting in? When did that recur? Besides, just trade him, if he does. You don't base ANY coach hiring decisions based on Dwight Freaking Howard.

13. heypartner

control

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I doubt they'd go as far as saying no publicly to JVG, if this was just a negotiation tactic

15. heypartner

I haven't been reading all day. Rep for a recap. Where does Les or Morey publically say that? I just see Woj "sources."

But you're probably right. He might never have been a real candidate. Then it could just be salary negotiating tactics among the finalist (whoever they are) to float a rumor of a front-runner who they have no intention to sign. I think cybrex's source is floating a rumor put out by Morey for tactical reasons. No way our coaching decisions have anything to do with Dwight...like he can possibly ruin **** for us.

Reality = Les is paying two coaches. He definitely with negotiate salary hard.
    Fantasy = Dwight controls our decision-making with a threat to opt-in

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Dwight Howard misused Dwight Howard. Not that I think D'antoni is a great coach but hindsight being 20/20 we all know what happened. Dwight didn't do his job and threw a b**** fit like he did this year because he wasn't getting the ball.

17. sabesque

sabesque Member

"Mike D'Antoni, to me, revolutionized basketball" - Jeff Van Gundy

18. basketballholic

I see this as a distinct possibility from what I know. Weighed not be one bit surprised if narrative changes as soon as Dwight opts out.

But Dwight and his agent aren't dumb. This could turn this into a tug of war with Dwight delaying his decision to the last minute and then opting in because he knows it screws our plans.

This is a big money poker game with all sides trying to bluff each other.

19. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Hard to believe this team is going anywhere.

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This team will not win another ship with Les here