1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

blue LED lights on police cars

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by body slam, May 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. body slam

body slam Member

Anyone else find the blue LED lights on police cars, DPS, sheriff, and even EMS dangerously bright? At night if they have someone pulled over on the right I find myself unintentionally drifting to the left as pass. The red is not a problem but at night I find the blue is almost blinding.

1 person likes this.
  2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Are you a blood?

3. marky :)

marky :) Member

Slow down? :confused:

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Soo woo.

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

OP, you poppin or crackin?

6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

No, not that I can recall about the lights... be careful on shifting lanes though. I just did a search on Google and apparently you're not the only one that doesn't like the blue lights.

1 person likes this.
  7. Nero

Nero Member

It doesn't affect my driving, but I agree that the new LED lights are excessively and potentially dangerously bright.

1 person likes this.
  8. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Yep. Totally agree.

9. Sajan

Sajan Member

I agree with the OP. It really is blinding.

I don't think those lights to be that bright and strobing like a cheap disco club.

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Ok, I take back my comment earlier Body Slam and Nero, it didn't affect my driving but tonight I was driving passed one and thought about your comments and it's definitely bright as hell. I mean I knew it was bright before but I don't know if it was because it was poorly lit area tonight and I was turning into it or what, but damn they were a hell of a lot brighter.

Definitely watch out for that ****.

11. tested911

tested911 Member

I don't mind the lights but what I do mind is how nowadays these cop cars are blending into traffic..

1. Lights are "inside" the cars and not on top.
    2. Painted All Black or All white.
    3. Gorilla bars have been taken off some.
    4. I've seen where the Police Logo is a shade lighter than the actual car so it blends in and hard to see.

12. Buck Turgidson

Haven't noticed the LED flashers yet, but there's a special place in Dante's 4th concentric circle of hell for people that have ultrabright LED headlights.