1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] D'Antoni emerges as front-runner for Rockets job

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., May 18, 2016.

?

Would you agree with the decision to hire Mike D'Antoni as head coach?

Poll closed Oct 31, 2016.
  1. YES

12.3%
  2. NO

87.7%
  1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

He coached team USA says a lot what they think of his offense.

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

Why is everyone calling out Les? Isn't it the front office's responsibility to hire the coach?

3. HTOWNTAKEOVER

HTOWNTAKEOVER Member

offense is the last thing we need. not worried about scoring the ball. defense is our main problem and this clown has never had good defensive teams as a head coach. that's a huge reason why his suns teams never went to the finals. **** dantoni

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Because the reports are out that Morey wants JVG and that Les has refused to even interview him.

5. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

I think winning puts more people in the seats and is more entertaining, not scoring 120 a game. But I'm not an 70-year-old owner that only gets enjoyment from watching basketball, or at least that's along the lines of what he said.

6. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Yeah I'm over it. Leadership comes from the top down. Now, you know exactly why we are where we are. Les' whack ass. Idgaf anymore.

I have the Texans and Baylor football to carry the torch

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I posted it before, but again I'm wondering if this hire plays into the players they want to attract here.....their Euro-stashes, Horford.....

Obviously Pringles interviews well. I don't trust Les' decision making, I don't think he knows s*** about basketball, I think he only worries about selling tickets; but they could have done worse, coach-wise.

Still, they better get a really good assistant coach for the defense, because D'Antoni can't even spell it.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Nope.

9. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

So Dwight is definitely a no-go under MDA, right?

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Les runs the team, not Morey. If you're dissatisfied with this organization as I and many other fans are, point the finger at the man at the top. He's the one who's presided over a whopping 3 playoff series victories in 19 seasons.

11. justtxyank

Mike D'Antoni has also coached as part of team USA and was well respected there.

12. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Dwight was probably leaving regardless. I don't buy into this conspiracy theory that Les hired D'Antoni to make sure Dwight opted out. If Les hires the guy, it's because he really wants him as head coach.

1 person likes this.
  13. TheresTheDagger

Wow.

I guess at this point, Les has given up on winning titles and just wants to save himself money on bad contracts.

I'm EXTREMELY shocked Morey hasn't been fired too at this point.

14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I'll approve if he gets hired...I want/need to have hope...:(

15. Nook

Nook Member

He treated a number of employees poorly when he was in NY and LA.

There are a number of former players that will tell you that he is a very gifted coach but a bad person.

Nate Robinson:

"Mike D’Antoni was a cool coach, but he was just a bad person. He can coach. He was just mean for no reason. He had no reason to be a certain way toward players he liked and didn't like. As a man, you would talk to somebody if you had a problem with them. You would tell them. He never told me exactly what his problem was with me. I didn't know how to change it. I'd talk to him every day, but he would ignore me. It was crazy."

As far as what else colors my opinion, I know someone that used to do video with D'Antoni and he was extremely rude and unprofessional.

Also be prepared for endless excuses from Mike about why something goes wrong.

16. justtxyank

These are the things that concern me.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--jeff-van-gundy-out-of-running-for-rockets-job-190308275.html

18. macho GRANDE

macho GRANDE Elvis, was a hero to most but................

Damn this is horrible.
    Go Osweiler and co.

19. Nook

Nook Member

#1 Who do you think designed the majority of the system that the Warriors run? Alvin Gentry, who learned under D'Antoni. Offense will not be a problem at all with D'Antoni as head coach. The Rockets will score a lot of points and do so quickly.

#2 This hiring has little to do with Daryl Morey and everything to do with the owner.

#3 D'Antoni has attempted to wrestle power from the front office in both Phoenix and in New York. It is very likely that he will do the same thing with the Rockets. Daryl Morey can claim he supports the choice that the Rockets make, but he wanted to go in a different direction.

20. NeonTiger

NeonTiger Member

Paging Cyber Fraud ....