1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Feigen] D'Antoni emerges as front-runner for Rockets job

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., May 18, 2016.

?

Would you agree with the decision to hire Mike D'Antoni as head coach?

Poll closed Oct 31, 2016.
  1. YES

12.3%
  2. NO

87.7%
  1. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Explain why Morey wants JVG then......:rolleyes:

3. Nook

Nook Member

D'Antoni will have quite a bit of power within the organization.

That power will be taken from the current GM.

Jeff Van Gundy and Daryl Morey are very close, there would be fewer issues concerning the hierarchy with JVG.

Look, D'Antoni has an exceptional basketball mind, he is largely responsible for most of what the modern NBA is running. I am not questioning his strategic ability.

However D'Antoni isn't so pleasant when he isn't roaming the sidelines.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

the bolded is some kind of joke. The only reason JVG is popular now is because of his broadcasting abilities!

How does hiring a guy who couldn't get us out of the first round and was replaced with a guy who almost got us the WCF the next year a sign of changing?

Vogel maybe but JVG? WTF?

5. Nook

Nook Member

Whatever it takes to suck as much money as possible out of Alexander and lets Pringles steal as much power and influence from the organization as possible.

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Do you actually have info on this or speculating? Because my feeling was the exact opposite here. I thought JVG would want more autonomy and didn't like the endless roster turnover. I could be wrong.

7. Fyreball

You keep alluding to this, and yet I haven't seen any elaboration. If you know something about his character, then I'd love to hear it.

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

The fact that those are our two choices with Vogel out there pisses me off. But whatever, the wheels have already fallen off.

9. s.b713

s.b713 Member

Agree with everything you said, sad time indeed. Not sure how much I can endure to watch a Rockets team lead by D'Antoni.

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Just rewatch the good years of Rockets ball and come back in 10-20 years... I mean if the offseason sucks too, haha. Trying to run D'Antoni's offense outside of like 2-3 players on the roster currently is going to be Brick City!! Yeah!!!

11. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

His "gimmick" actually worked in NY until Melo showed up. Mike D had people thinking Felton was a good pg and led the Knicks to the playoffs. And then when Melo went down he had people thinking Lin might be a superstar. That team failed because of Melo and ownership.

The Lakers have been a disaster ever since they got swept out of the playoffs in 2011. The situation was so bad that Phil quit. By the time Mike D got there the ownership structure was in shambles and the team was falling apart to start the season.

12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

And the two others are JVG and Hornacek I reckon...Houston! Problem!

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

So more of the same? ;)

You aren't excited to see Corey Brewer under MDA, doing his best Joe Johnson or Barbosa impersonation? :grin:

1 person likes this.
  15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I have had enough of our stupid GM if this happens

The fat geeky lump Mauri has got to go. Constantly disrespecting the value of coaching from McFail to JBB to Pringles.

16. Fyreball

Why is it so damn difficult for Les to understand that in order to recreate the Suns offense of 9 years ago, we'd need about 8 new players on this roster, including a point guard that could replicate Steve Nash's handles and shooting. Harden's game is totally different from that, and the rest of the roster can pound rocks when it comes to shooting. It's asinine, and a total joke that we're here right now.

17. Buck Turgidson

18. Fyreball

So you're going to continue to pound your idiotic narrative even though it's been said through multiple avenues that Morey prefers JVG?? It's sad that I'm not even surprised.

19. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

20. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

Found this online, and I assume it was about his Lakers team.

You could easily use the same quote with a pic of Milkhair or JBB.
    <BR>