1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tags:
  1. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's absolutely a fair idea imo.

But i was thinking that if you can sign him with another good player not named Durant, you still do it...and you go after another top free agent next summer...

Let's say you sign Whiteside and Horford now...next summer i think we can keep the flexibility to go after a big name, one between Hayward, Lowry, Paul, Griffin, Gallinari...

2. DuDDleyDawsonII

DMO at 10

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

I would be ok with D.Mo as a starter if he didn't have those back problems, as today, i just think you cannot start the season with him as your starter, cause if he goes down you're ****ed...again.

4. DuDDleyDawsonII

I wouldn't be opposed to them bringing him along slowly ,maybe off the bench as a 6th man. I can see DMO goin to work off the bench

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Me too, he can also play both the 4 and 5 which is always a plus.

6. MONON

MONON Member

I would love to have DMo at the 4/5, however the injury issue for him & TJ makes it almost impossible to keep both/either next season. That's why I'd love to get Horford. My preference is to get Horford, roll the dice with DMo & get another facilitator.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

Personally, i think a front court with Whiteside, Capela, Horford, D.Mo, Beasley and Trez would be pretty good, still young...just not sure Horford will come here without Durant...

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Let's not forget that he never recovered his decent lateral movement after coming back. It's now poor; so his defense ain't nothing to be proud of anymore. "Positional defenders" who can't move laterally are worthless on that end.

Here's to hoping he can get into better shape this offseason.

9. rullrich

rullrich Member

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/daryl-morey-les-alexander-coaching-search-houston-rockets-jeff-van-gundy/1qomn144coujq1we2055sb1vo1

10. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Conley
    Harden
    Ariza
    Anderson
    Hortford

11. syn

syn Member

Horford will bring leadership...something this team is sorely lacking!

12. Harden's beard

13. shlhl

shlhl Member

He passed his prime. not for over 25 M.

14. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Does a one legged duck swim in a circle? :)

Right now, it's - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7Gpr_Auz8Y

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

there's been countless posts on cf about signign him to that money. i'd pass on that 10/10 times.

16. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I DO NOT want Horford playing out of position at the 5.

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I think this is what it is at this point. I'm thinking if Howard goes to Charlotte maybe a sign and trade can be worked out and the Rockets can obtain Cody Zellar and some other pieces at a decent price. I think the Rockets are also ready to part with Ariza, Beverly, and Brewer. Maybe get Cody Zeller and Batuum and possibly give the max Al Horford. Beverly will probably still be retained.

C-Zeller
    F-Horford
    F-Batuum
    G-Harden
    G-Beverly

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, we need a 4 and that's his original role and where he wants to play...

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, i mean, i love D.Mo, but we cannot bet on him as our starter pf as today. IF (and it's a big if imo) he stays here, he can come off the bench, at least until he's not at 100%.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I doubt he'd stay no matter what happens given how he's been jerked around while with the Rockets, but I especially don't see him staying for a bench role. Someone will offer him 10 mil a year and a shot to start and I think he takes it.

The best scenario would have Horford at the 5 (where he's played 85+% of his minutes in his NBA career) and DMo at the 4 with Capela and Harrell backing them up off the bench. We'll see what happens though.