1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tags:
  1. DuDDleyDawsonII

What's the fascination with this dude's game. He's only averageing 15ppg and 7reb ,he's slow and awkward looking on the court, and he doesn't impact the game . I don't understand why so many people want to give this guy 25-30 plus million dollars .:eek: I could see CF going nuts when he don't live up to that contract.

1 person likes this.
  2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He can score, pass, defend, shoot FT's & rebound.

What part of that does not fascinate you, vs. the current roster of bigs - many of whom can only do 2 or 3 of these things?

3. DuDDleyDawsonII

Not for that pricetag.He's a mediocre scorer at 15 ppg and,7rpg is not a good rebounder to me especially for a big. Yea he can hit FT's and defend he's just not worth all that money.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dmo.

:)

DD

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Who in your mind is worth that kind of money and we could acquire?

6. hvic

hvic Member

DMO needs to continue his rehab and hopefully see him return close to his pre-surgery form. I would see him struggling on the court and you can tell he is in pain but sucks it up

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH. You and your fascination with European players.

At least you lightened it a bit with the addition of a ":)". So I must do the same: :)

Nothing against European players, but in this case, "DMo" and "rebound" don't much belong in the same sentence.

And he has a bad back.

8. Garner

Garner Member

He's a true PF playing Center due to team needs, for starters.

Secondly, EVERYONE is going to have so much cap space this summer that there aren't going to be enough guys to which to give money.

So throwing money at a Horford is money well spent.

9. kyrie Dwight

kyrie Dwight Member

He can not defend he sucks !

10. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

DMo was a better rebounder than Horford when it counted, in the playoffs. :cool:

11. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i thought this was another horford d*** sucking thread. i cant believe so many are ok giviing him the max.
    im ok with 15m per but 25-30 per wtf? did i not see the aging and declining horford who crappd in the playoffs and resorted to chucking threes? sheeeeet the worlds gone completely insane
    and they want him at center, the very position he shouldnt be playing at the end of this career.

i'd rather i get paid 30m per to be the starting center :grin:

12. DuDDleyDawsonII

13. 13 in 33

13 in 33 Member

Horford is a guy who can buy into a system and fill his role consistently without creating friction on his team. We NEED more players like this (at the right price).

14. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He's a plus defender by every available metric - consistently throughout his entire career.

But hey, random poster on CF says "he sucks" - so who am I to argue.

15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When healthy -

DMo is a 4 (who happens to be versatile enough to slide over for awhile at times).

At the four, he is a major mismatch with the wack post up game, can take you outside and hit from downtown, and can REBOUND quite nicely with a respectable 5 next to him.
    And that includes playing great D....position D.
    He's demonstrated that he can carry a team.
    Look at the stats when he was healthy and playing next to Dwight.

Now, we need to see if he can get healthy/in shape/rhythm ...and get him signed cheap.

16. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

D Mo is damaged goods. Let him and T Jones walk!

17. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, i see people in love with Anderson who can really just chuck up 3s...Horford is like better than Anderson in every single aspect of the game on both ends of the floor.

Horford at 25 > D.Mo at 10 > Anderson at 17

18. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

I'd love him next to Durant and Harden, but not otherwise. If no Durant, gotta go for Whiteside or someone else much younger than Horford.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So does Dwight, and he can rebound, and DMo was at 17-10 in the playoffs per 36 - Horford is not a great rebounder, not saying DMo is....just saying he can do a lot of what Horford can do.

And for cheaper. .....though I like Horford more than Dwight today.

DD

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I didn't see anyone post "I want to pay him $25,000,000 - $30,000,000.

So let's change that to, "I guess you all want to pay him $25,000,000 to $30,000,000 per season, because I assume that is what he will cost, as so many teams will have beaucoup cap space."

I don't know if he's going to make that. He is going to be on the wrong side of 30 for this contract.

Should have known the term "DMo" would hit your antenna. :)

Hell, DMo signing a contract here isn't even a given. He got Robert Horry'd. He might agree to a sign-and-trade somewhere, but "traded for a first rounder" would tell me I'm not wanted. DMo in a Rockets uniform? Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig maybe.

Just keep the Motrin handy.

#20 ROXTXIA, May 16, 2016
    Last edited: May 16, 2016