1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will be any good next year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, May 13, 2016.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Everyone is ready to push Dwight out. He has declined, but does anyone remember how hard it was to get a super star to come here. Bosh said no. Melo said no. The only guy to say yes so far is Howard.

Kevin Durant is not walking though that door. Well maybe, but very unlikely.

The rockets other big target is Al Horford. He averages 15-7. Do you want to give max money to a 15-7 guy? Its not like the hawks had Harden taking all the shots.

If we don't want to overpay for anyone our starting line up looks like this:

SF Ariza
    PF ?? Dekker
    C Clint
    SG Harden
    PG Bev

I think DMo will get 10 mil from someone since so many teams have money to spend.

22-23 teams will have max money this year:
    http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nbas-bestworst-case-2016-17-cap-projections/.

Will we even make the playoffs next year with the above lineup? I know many people here have the championship or tanking mentality. I don't see championship, but its still pretty fun to go the playoff games even though Les over charges for them. The Rockets fell hard in just one year.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You're instantly a better team just by eliminating Brewer and Terry from the rotation. I don't know who we add, and I'm almost entirely sure we won' be landing a star, but if we can add 2-3 role players who can come in and give even moderately decent production, you're looking at an improved team, especially with what is almost guaranteed to be an improved coaching situation. I wouldn't be shocked to see us in the 5-6 seed next season, but we'll see.

3. rockets13champs

Crabbe, Mirza Teletovic, Mike Conley, and Iam Mahimi or possibly Whiteside im hoping

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Depends on whether we get a quality head coach, and we get players in here that will hustle and play for each other, and if Harden will start leading more by example on the court and not at the strip club.

DD

5. mazinger

mazinger Member

Not 1, Not 2, not 3, not 4 not5, not6, not 7..........

6. pass_to_Hakeem

I think this team IS MUCH IMPROVED with a solid coach being hired

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Why would you want Bosh or Melo to say yes? Howard, Bosh and Melo are not superstars. Any team is better w/out them.

8. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I just threw up a little seeing Sam Dekker there.

9. R=$

R=$ Member

Two more years of Harden under contact. He will not realize his potential until his next big contract, With a different team. Two more years of failing in the first round.

10. Ekiu

Ekiu Member

Dmo and Dwight will probably go to Portland... All i really want is Conley damnit

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I believe the Rockets will right their ship. New coach, culture change, some key role player additions and a motivated Harden fresh off an Olympics stint.

12. Vivi

Vivi Member

If Harden comes ready and focused into the season, i think we'll automatically be better than this year, even if we'll play Capela, D.Mo, Ariza and Pat next to him. Obviously i hope we can sign a couple of very good players since i'm not ok to have just a jobber team like others here.

13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

The most important think in the NBA is talent. We will lack it unless we overpay.

14. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

depends on how r****ded everyone is in the offseason. will morey do his job right? will harden work his ass off? rockets gonna get a real coach to get these guys on the same page? we gonna screw ourselves with a conley/horford/barnes max? better not do that one. with harden you dont need to overpay anyone more than a few mil.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

no, because i see les/dm passing on this year's free agents and kicking the can till summer 2017 (yes, again)

16. dmoneybangbang

Horford is a versatile big who can do a little bit of everything and is starting to shoot it from 3. I think we would be a lot better if we had a frontcourt of Horford/DMo/Capala/Beasley/Harrell.

The bigger question is how do we reduce our front court as right now:

Harrell/Beasley/Dekker/DMo
    Howard/Capala/DMo

17. Newlin

Newlin Member

Unlikely we get three star players that Morey has always wanted. But, I'm tired of people being obsessed with the three star strategy. Just get me some players that can play with some passion and have some chemistry. Look at what Portland did this year after losing Aldridge. They didn't win a championship, but I'm sure their fans enjoyed this season.

Start building a team around Harden with players that compliment each other, or trade Harden a start fresh, I really don't care. Just get me a team that's fun to watch and wants to win.

18. hvic

hvic Member

On point

19. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

will be not good next year cause we're trading our franchise star Corey Wayne Brewer

20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

We we we we we