1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Conley wants to play with Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by #CTCJET, May 5, 2016.

1. by78

by78 Rookie

Conley also knows Lawson played at Houston first before Indiana. Conley ain't stupid.

It's some Rockets fans are stupid and delusional.

Admit it, we whiffed out big time this season: ain't no sane player wants to come here.

Abandon your silly little delusions. This dumpster fire of a season will keep on giving for a while.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Conley, who missed 26 games because of injury, is still the best point guard on the open market. With seven teams needing a point guard, Conley, who will be 29 in October, will get his $25 million per year, either from Memphis or another team.

Even with a rising cap, it will be hard to justify paying Conley in years 3-5 of the deal, when he will average $30 million per season.

Ended the previous 2 seasons hurt. Sound familiar? Good player, I'll pass.

#142 J.R., May 7, 2016
    Last edited: May 7, 2016
  3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

For real man.

We already know that the Rockets won't sign a single free agent, not a minimum scrub who is dying for an NBA job and certainly not any high end free agents, but I'm also hearing whispers that most guys still under contract are mulling retirement rather than continue to play with James Harden.

4. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Did the entire point of my response go over your head? Seems like it

5. gdinamite

gdinamite Member

Why you keep repeting that's any FA come to Houston because we don't have a coach?

We're in may. The FA starts in july. Calm down.

I believe we'll have a new coach in this month.

6. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Does Conley know Harden likes to distance himself from the team? Isn't really a team player but only associates during practices and games? Likes to travel by himself? Unless Harden has family medical emergencies warranting such behavior, he is the direct cause to why this team is out of rhythm.

7. by78

by78 Rookie

No, did the entire point of my post go over your head?

Let me try this again: the Rockets do NOT need and CANNOT have a POINT GUARD who starts.

Does Conley want to start or come off the bench?

Is Conley stupid?

Or are some Houston fans still delusional after this dumpster fire of a season?

8. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Some real Phil Jackson grade analysis you got there:p

9. by78

by78 Rookie

Mine is not quite Phil Jackson level, but still miles ahead of Morey level of understanding of chemistry.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Agreed. I'm hearing that Les is going to sell the team to some Las Vegas guy and it'll be moved there immediately. This season, one of the worst seasons ever by a basketball team apparently has really taken a toll on Les and he want's no more to do with owning a team.

11. by78

by78 Rookie

I heard Les has a nice retirement mansion built in Haifa.

12. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

people still mentioning him sometimes going to the arenas separately? That isn't really a big deal.....

13. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

The players requested Morey to have everyone brought back this year against Moreys judgement not to:rolleyes:

but keep propping your YMCA grade basketball IQ up over people getting paid to make these decisions:p

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Last minute game plans and overview cannot be done if he does that often. No wonder this team layed one this season.

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Brian Geltzeiler
    Brian Geltzeiler – ‏@hoopscritic

The firing of Joerger doesn't exactly strengthen the Grizzlies case in keeping Mike Conley. Hearing he had a foot out the door before this
    7:13 AM - 7 May 2016 from Livingston, NJ

16. rockets13champs

Only the knicks, nets and rockets, kings and grizzlies need a point guard. And i think grizz and rockets are at the top of his list. Conley can very well be our future point guard

17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Google Conley's injury history.

18. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I did that and google exploded. Too many results.

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It is amazing how more available Conley is now. Couple of months ago I thought he was a total lock to stay in Memphis with Gasol. Now he is totally in play for any contenders that have max cap room.

20. Zergling

Zergling Member

Not interested in Conley, or any PG upgrade for that matter. Harden as a PG is totally fine for our offense (ranked in top 10, can't be emphasized enough). We need a SG (or just a 2nd starting SF) that can be a 3&D player and be an excellent spot up shooter.

Courtney Lee for example would be a great signing.