1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Conley wants to play with Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by #CTCJET, May 5, 2016.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Borderline all star

2. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I agree to a point. Ariza don't have to go but if he stays and starts we need another 2 guard off the bench who can light it up. Or if we keep him we still need to try to upgrade and let ariza come off the bench.

3. finsraider

finsraider Member

I like Conley and think he's a great fit with Harden, but investing big money into a soon to be 29 y/o borderline all-star coming off an Achilles injury seems like a bad idea.

4. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

If we can acquire a star 3, 4 or 5? Absolutely.

But if we essentially swap Conley for Dwight we're no better.

5. lionaire

lionaire Member

I got pretty sweaty just imagining that lineup. Dripping at the idea of filling that 4 spot with Ryan Anderson.

6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Give us all of ze players

7. onreego

onreego Member

I'd love to have Courtney Lee back

8. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

whoever gives conley the max screws themselves. same for anyone other than lebron and durant. maybe drummond and whiteside. max for barnes? lol cmon morey dont screw this team

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

No one and I mean no one wants to play with James Harden.

Former players and analysts know it.

Seasoned eyes know it.

Highly likely that Houston will be unable to sign a single free agent and have to compete with an incomplete roster because no one wants to play with James Harden.

10. motleydeflep6

motleydeflep6 Member

Can't tell if trolling or not

11. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

If we can get:

Conley
    Harden
    Durant
    Beasley
    Capela/mid level FA

We would be in good shape starter wise, but the bench would still have to be shored up

12. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Bad fit, Harden needs a PG next to him that can create his own shot. Conely is a good floor general but doesn't have enough offense in his game to keep teams honest in my opinion.

13. rockets13champs

Thats still not a championship team. Its very simmilar to the miami heat squad right now. I can see it being a contender with durant

14. Mr Chuck Norris

Lol I tell you, I thought it was real until the last sentence

15. rockets13champs

16. Polishdelight

Polishdelight Member

Conley is what might make this team turn the corner finally, TBH.

17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah this can't even be classified as a rumor. Some random guy with no credentials who just enjoys tweeting about basketball started this.

I still think Bev and a solid back up is fine if we can find a star forward to pair with Harden. That would suit our team best. For christ sake Durant is just too perfect for this team.

Who would be a solid back up point to grab?
    I'd like to see us get Durant and Noah. Get a nice pg to share minutes with Bev, Harden and Durant be our wings, and have a front out rotation of Noah Capela DMo Beasley and Harrell.

18. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Who would you recommend that is available, better than Conley, and has a better offensive skill set?:roll eyes:

I'm sure John Wall, Kemba or Kyrie are on knocking down the GM's door as we speak to get traded here for scraps:rolleyes:

19. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Conley will likely miss the playoffs with some weird injury. No thanks.

20. BackdoorHarden

Terry doesn't want to play with Harden

"As for Harden’s defense, Terry said the bearded 26-year-old is “just not there yet.”

“He’s just such a dominant offensive player that his defense, it gets overlooked – and it should to an extent,” Terry said. “But when you’re a superstar, everyone’s going to nitpick and find little holes in your game unless you’re winning. Steph Curry is not the best on-ball defensive player out there. But they don’t show it on SportsCenter, him getting blown by. They show him hitting threes from half-court because they’re winning. So as James gets further on in his development and he starts to win more games and more meaningful games, meaningful playoff series, they’ll start to overlook those backdoors.