1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Fantasma Negro

2. da_juice

da_juice Member

I say no, only because I don't think Harden has reached his peak and he's still young so there's still time to retool and rebuild around him; nor do I think this draft class is particularly impressive. I'm also worried about Randle's durability.

That said, if we're in the same boat three years down the line, you make a deal like that.

No way the Kings take this. We don't nearly have enough picks to make this reasonable. IMO Cousins probably ends up getting traded to Boston.

3. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Trade Pbev for Teague

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You might do that with Ben Simmons coming out.

DD

5. fattz

fattz Member

I am all in on this trade they need to add Williams to make the money work plus we would need starting 2 gaurd anyway. That is a lot of talent coming back our way for a player that is going to walk in 2 seasons. Keep Dmo to play the 5 ( Randle can rebound ). With the right coach we are a first round out but the future is very brite. I would like to see this TEAM in 3 seasons.

6. Borneoman

Borneoman Member

I offer you a better trade. Trade Pbev for Teague and a 2017 unprotected 1st round pick

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I would do Beverley and Ariza for Teague

Then sign Tucker in the off season to fill Ariza's spot. I love Tucker, great hard-nosed defender, real competiror.

8. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

this only works is hawks believe dmo can be a good player, back to his 14-15 form
    hawks and bulls can alter their trade. there's picks but im too lazy for that

rockets in - horford (s&t ~15m per), teague, thabo, noah(s&t ~10m per), dunleavy (41-42m)
    rockets out - dwight, ariza, brewer, bev, dmo, anyone else excluding harden, beasley, kj, harrel, capela (50m if dmo gets 5mil per)

hawks in - dwight, ariza, dmo(~5m per), snell (38-40)
    hawks out - horford, teague, thabo, splitter (~35m)

bulls in - bev, brewer, splitter (21m)
    bulls out - noah, dun, snell (17m)

- rockets do it for obvious reasons
    - hawks do it cuz horford doesnt wanna play center anymore. they finally get a real center in dwight. their current team makeup peaked last season and got swept by a hobbled cavs. they retool and get a new team going that can stay competitive and will have lots of capspace next seaosn.
    - bulls do it for depth and get a center who's in a contract year. if they lose pau they'll still have a good pf/c rotation

teague / kj / goudelock
    harden / thabo / kj
    dun / beasley / thabo kj
    horford / harrel / beasley
    noah / capela / horford

the only flaws with this new roster would be no backup pg, no elite shooter and no solid 3d wing.
    you dont need a backup pg when you have 2 playmakers, 2 passing bigs, and a good system. just need someone who can defend them or score against them.
    for defense, with a real coach and help for harden, defense wont be a problem. he'll have enough energy for defense. he showed he can be a good defender if he isnt 90% of the team's offense.
    teague and dun wont miss countless wide open shots, though they're not elite shooters. then there's harden who has less of a workload, which translates into more efficiency (say goodbye to near triple d's with to's).
    to makeup for lack of an elite shooter, rockets will have a good coach with a good system the players can work with. more efficient offence.
    play the best three of dun, kj, thabo and w/e wings we have (goudelock? dekker?)
    maybe work a midseason trade to get a 3d wing or elite shooter.

this is more a realistic trade. not the fantasy crap about durant coming here
    instead of doing the dumb ass big 3 or bust crap, just work with what you have and make the best out of it. no better way to do it.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The Rockets should find a way to bring Christian Wood back. They never should have let him go. He dominated in the D-league just like a rookie in his situation should.
    We're talking about a better more polished Hassan Whiteside when hits his stride.

10. Fantasma Negro

Tucker is under contract for another season. Maybe we can trade Brewer for him, they make the same amount

11. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

Minor deal to dump Corey Brewer:

Corey Brewer - 2 years left at $7.6M for Jose Calderon - 1 year left at $7.7M. Throw in a bag of donuts, or a second round pick as needed for disposal.

Calderon is soon to turn 35, but still shoots the 3 at a 41% clip.

The Knicks get younger, (Brewer just turned 30), and more athletic. The Knicks don't live and die by the 3-ball, so Brewer might work out better in the triangle.

The Rockets get a perfect "3 and 'no D'" player for their system.

12. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

The rockets will not want Jose Calderon, Jackson will not want Brewer

13. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Tucker can give them a first round draft if he is traded, but what can Brewer? nothing! Will any GM do this trade?

14. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

PJ Tucker? I dont think he's worth a 1st. His stats are nothing special and the dude is 31 and spent half his playing career out of the league. Would be a good pickup for Memphis or New Orleans cuz that boy plays like an all-star against Harden.

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

My apologies if this has been discussed already...

But would a S&T with Milwaukee for Greg Monroe be feasible if Dwight decides that's where he wants to go?

I know Monroe has his warts. Just trying to think outside the box.

16. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

The possible trades to get rid of Corey Brewer who has 2 years left at $7.6M/year:

1) Jose Calderon - 1 year left at $7.7M. Throw in a bag of donuts, or a second round pick as needed for disposal. Calderon is soon to turn 35, but still shoots the 3 at a 41% clip.

2) Carl Landry - 1 year left at $6.5M. Throw in a bag of donuts, or a second round pick as needed for disposal. Landry will soon turn 33.

3) Marco Bellinelli - 2 years left at average of $6.5M. They would need to throw us a bag of donuts or a second round pick given how gawd awful he was on O & D last season.

If we could get Landry or Calderon for Brewer - even if we gave up a 2nd round pick, I'd be all over it.

17. basketballholic

We.do.not.want.Greg.Monroe.

Period.

18. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Has this been discussed already? Your reply sort of hints that it has.

Jopat, this is about exploring every option.

Here we are: rebuilding on the fly. Again. It feels like just yesterday we originally acquired Dwight and felt like we were passed this point. I don't need to tell you or anyone here he's a goner. The very likely scenario is he bolts and we have nothing to show for it. So this is merely an alternative approach and discussing its merits.

To be fair: dude produces and almost never misses a game. We could probably do a lot worse. Especially, if we're somehow able to acquire a 1, 3 or 4 upgrade to supplement this move.

#3838 baller4life315, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
  19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

The other team wouldn't accept this trade in any of those scenarios, including Bellinelli. If what you're saying is true, which is most certainly not, then Morey would gladly trade Corey for Marco

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

If trade with Milwaukee let's swing for fences, Harden for Greek Freak and their 1st. Sign Durant. Sign Whiteside. At max.

And for God's sake, let's get a freaking D minded coach already. Give me Shaka Smith or Jay Wright and let's change this culture.