1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2015-2016] Jeremy Lin as a Charlotte Hornet

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by swyyyguy, Jul 8, 2015.

1. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

He's the perfect compliment at PF to Al Jefferson...

2. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Jefferson moves like he is in cement but I would take him here over a guy like Howard who doesn't care and thinks it is funny when he has 6 fouls in 20 minutes. Williams will be back to 34% next year

3. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

So you're saying they would have won one more game with MKG...

On that team he would definitely have made a difference, especially in the playoffs. Good rebounder and defender.

4. yoeddy

Jefferson can't run, but he is a fantastic post scorer. I didn't know anything about Williams before this season, so I can't comment on what he has been in the past...but he was effective in his role this season.

I wonder if Howard "doesn't care" because of the environment in the Rockets' organization (ie. would he have the same attitude on a team with good personal chemistry).

5. yoeddy

At least one more game, yes. Not sure he would have won them 8 more games, so I didn't project to the 2 seed.

6. JustAGuy

JustAGuy Member

Williams always sucked because he was too slow for a SF and too small for a PF. But the NBA has moved enough that he can actually play a stretch 4 now. He does have to keep his 3pt shooting up, but it was pretty consistent all year long.

7. yoeddy

It could go either way...either it's the perfect spot because everyone was so disappointed by Rose's constant injuries and anything productive there would be appreciated. Or it could be high-pressure, because Lin would be viewed as needing to step up to the level Rose was supposed to be.

8. mikus

mikus Member

I think it would be the latter and let's be real...I think Lin can avg 15-16 ppg in a full time starter role, but he's no Derrick Rose! Not sure that would be enough to satisfy the Chicago fans.

9. conquistador#11

Did the hornets win game seven? this thread continues.

10. boiler

boiler Member

No matter where he goes, he needs to develop a reliable jumper badly. If I were him, I would lock myself in the gym and shoot jumpers all day long this entire summer.

11. colt45nyc

colt45nyc Rookie

Do you know he's been working on a new shooting style for this season? I'm sure Lin knows he needs to improve his shooting %.

I'm hoping he can master this new shoot style and learn a mid range shot too.

12. boiler

boiler Member

He has been tweaking his shooting form almost every summer and yet not much improvement. At some point, he needs to settle.

He is a combo guard and will get plenty of playing time backing up both PG and SG and be a significant contributor if he can develop a reliable jumper. His defense, handle, and decision making are all adequate to fill this role.

There are simply too many good PGs in the league. It will be very hard for him to find a full-time starting PG position on a good team.

13. yoeddy

His midrange jumper was actually a strength in college, and it was good during Linsanity. In Houston, the offense was all 3s and layups, so he didn't get to use it much. Apparently in Charlotte the coaches were trying to change Lin's shooting mechanics during the season, so his shooting took a dive...but Coach Clifford has said that he thought once Lin gets instinctive with the new shooting form, he will be much more consistent.

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

FG% includes three point percentage which is what brings Beverley's FG% down. He shoots almost two more threes per game than Lin.

Bev 3pt% .373
    Lin 3pt% .346

Bev 2pt% .459
    Lin 2pt% .466

Bev eFG% .514
    Lin eFG% .481

Bev's effective field goal percentage and his three point percentage are markedly higher. It's just not a debate.

I'm saying those decisions were already made based on the statistics and their play. Lin was demoted and his playing time cut. It's the reality you refuse to accept.

Beverley's points per 100 offensive possessions for his career is 112. Lin's is 105. A SEVEN point difference or "seven" if you prefer.

Nonsense. You claim he got 28 minutes per game which is "very high for a bench player" and then you claim he was given a short leash. You can't have it both ways LOF. When he sucked, he got benched. Just like any other player in the league that isn't one of the best one or two players on the team. That's sort of how it's always worked in professional sports for a role player. You play well, you get more time. You play poorly, you get less time.

I guess they reads stats at about your level then, very funny.

2016 Regular Season Lin
    11.7 pts, .412 fg%, .336 3ptfg%, 3 ast, 1.9 TO's, 3.2 rebs
    eFG% .464, TS% .534, ORtg 102, DRtg 106

2016 Playoff Lin
    12.4 pts, .413 fg%, .214 3ptfg%, 2.6 ast, 1.6 TO's, 2.3 rebs
    eFG% .437, TS% .543, ORtg 105, DRtg 112

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

Great game by Lin tonight. He should be getting the max.

16. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

They are either just watch the game or talking about the stats.

17. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

They are either just watching the game or talking about stats.

18. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

Conveniently leaves out FTA, TS%, and the fact that Beverley's whole role on offense is to bring the ball up to mid court and sit in the corner. He doesn't have to run the offense, he doesn't have to penetrate and he basically doesn't have to do anything than to wait for a wide open shot.

19. HayesIsBack

HayesIsBack Member

I would agree with that, except the distance between 1/2nd seed and 3rd seed is still a large drop-off ...

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Now that Lin's season is over, Lin Fans can go back to their normal jobs and lay eggs.