1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Hardens hasn't had a #2 since...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, May 4, 2016.

1. ballgame

ballgame Member

Parsons! I don't think Howard has been a #2 since he arrived. When you look at the current teams in the playoffs, they all have true #2s; Golden State (Curry and Thompson), Cleveland (LeBron and Irving), Miami (Wade and Dragic) and San Antonio (Aldridge and Leonard).

We can ALL agree that last yr was all Harden and this yr too. Unfortunately, this year the others didn't show up, nor did the team play consistent defense. Howard has had good runs with the Rockets, he's had good numbers but he doesn't produce consistently. I wouldn't consider him a true #2.

The Rockets would benefit greatly, if Harden had a running mate. Another player who can CREATE and average 18-20/5/5 from the wing position. Since Parsons has left, he has never been the player he was with The Rockets. So, if I am Daryl Morey, I wouldn't touch him with a 10ft pole.

I would look at trading for one of the point guards from Atlanta (Schroder or Teague), Sacramento (Rudy Gay), if McHale gets the job in Sacramento he would want to bring in some of our current players or Chicago (Jimmy Butler). With the contracts we currently have on the roster, Les and Morey are not going to look to add major contracts, unless we can unload some contracts.

And finally, Morey needs to stop brining in tweener Powerforwards and look to upgrade our parameter players. I would sign MCW and Gerald Henderson, Jr. if The Rockets can improve JSmooves shot, they can improve MCW's. G. Henderson plays good defense and he can hit the 3.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We wouldn't pay Parsons - and Ariza was cheaper just not as good.

DD

#2 DaDakota, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
  3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Harden hasn't had a #2 since.......

.....he ate at iHop?

I mean, that always gets me back on track, you know? Colorado omelette and stack of pancakes.

1 person likes this.
  4. Rox11

Rox11 Member

How dare you insult Brewer

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

come on obviously Lin was

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

His fade probably uses a #8

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He needs a suppository and eat more fiber.

1 person likes this.
  8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

The real issue at hand is.. "will another star want to play with Jaime?"

His effort level and leadership are well known now.

9. dmoneybangbang

How so? He gives it up to Beasley, seems we just need a viable 2nd option.

10. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Beasley was desperate to re-NBA.

FA's have a choice where they go.

I agree Rockets need some upgrades.

11. alethios

alethios Member

That would surely explain a lot. If Hardens could just have a #2, he would feel so much better.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Which #2 in the OP would you trade for Parsons?

Rocket River

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

briand2714 is that you?

14. PhiSlammaJamma

He use #1 to put out the fire.

15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

And Parsons hasn't done **** since he left. And I'm pretty sure he left before the Rocketa could work out a deal for him.

16. mig0s

mig0s Member

That A1 sauce makes number 2 harder

17. by78

by78 Rookie

Would someone more creative than me please work in a Kardashian angle to this '#2' joke?

18. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Harden poked her 2-hole?

19. dream2franchise

Parsons took that impossible contract without blinking an eye, rubbed it in Rockets fans faces. AND he hasn't played in two straight playoff series due to injury while also managing to clash with perhaps the 2nd best coach in the NBA.

Let it go. Please.

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

DD, stop doing that. You are telling half the story here to emphasize your point.

Here are the facts: Parsons dollar amount wasn't that much higher than what the Rockets were offering him to start with. It amounts to maybe 2-5 mil a year more than what Houston offered him. Parsons also had a contract that was artfully crafted by Cuban to be 100% non-tradable. You look at the kicker and the player option in 2016 and you have a deal that no other team would be willing to flip talent for. That means, if Kevin Love is on the board, Klay Thompson (at the time his fit with GS was unsure) or any talent like that you couldn't flip Parsons in such a deal. We would have to give up more talent and more picks to make a deal like that go down.

The equivalent of you getting mad at Morey for not matching Cube's deal is like me getting mad at my girlfriend for paying for car insurance. You want someone to be bold and drive uninsured here, but that's a fool's choice. Morey planted us with two stars in Dwight and Harden and almost had a chance to link Bosh into the mix. That was the right play...

... If you want to fault Morey/Management at all, fault them into letting Parsons out of his dirt cheap deal to begin with. But then again, if you did that, the house of cards you've built on Le$ being cheap falls crumbling down.

3 people like this.