1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rockets Trade Ideas - 2015-16

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 12, 2015.

1. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Do you want another temperamental big who is a coach-killer? Could there be a worse superstar to put next to Harden?

2. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

God I hope so. Then you could max Barnes or Batum. DO IT MOREY!

3. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think not.

I also think they may prefer quality veterans and/or a rising star player, something we don't have right now...

4. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

This is true. We might need to do something like a 3 team trade. We lack assets in a bad way. So I dont think we could get him, but you definitely get him if you can. Same with when Blake went out and there was talk of him being traded. If you can get someone of that caliber, you do it period.

[​IMG]

Again though I dont think we have a chance. But if you could then you become sexy again for other free agents. Plus if it's a trade you might could take back bad contracts and if you have space left sign a FA. Boogie doesnt cost a lot in terms of cap space.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Fair enough.

This is what i personally think about the scenario http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=10465596&postcount=97 but yeah, if you can get him eh...

1 person likes this.
  6. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Not even close. Other teams like the Lakers, Celtics, Bulls ,etc.. can easily outbid that offer.

7. Zergling

Zergling Member

Comparing Cousins to Dwight is moronic. Cousins is a guy ACTUALLY WORTH passing the ball to. On top of that, he can actually shoot jumpers which makes him a good pick n roll player with Dwight. He's even better than Dwight on the defensive end.

You put actual talent together on a team and they will win a lot of games. The main reason we dropped off wasn't because of personality, lack of leadership, etc. (basically the national media narrative) - it's because the talent on the roster dropped off significantly.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I expect Brewer to be packaged with either KJ or Dekker as well as a 2nd in exchange for a highly protected 2nd that will never convert.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The Bucks want to make Giannis Greek Freak their nominal point guard.

So....

Dwight (sign and trade) + Beverly + Dekker (Wisconsin ties, if he gets healthy, might have some value) to the Bucks

Greg Monroe + Michael Carter-Williams to (perhaps a third team being involved, you don't take Monroe if you want to change your no-defense culture)

10. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Tj is a free agent. If u do some trade, u should understand some basic rule

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Boogie can also destroy a team like nobody else and Harden would just look the other way like he aint care.

Risk is there, when things are not going well like this season, Boogie get ejected many times, and things get interesting.

12. Zergling

Zergling Member

Morey is at his best when he takes risks. This past offseason was probably the most conservative approach he's ever taken. And you can't even consider the Ty Lawson trade "risky" at the time because we gave up no one of any significance.

Morey absolutely goes for Cousins (long time admirer of him) if the dysfunctional Kings have really had enough of him.

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The trade wasn't but the whole org had high hopes for him and he had the talent to help us get to 6th seed or better, obviously that did not happen and Lawson regressed horribly.

He was a disappointment for sure.

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

He is still under contract until July as a RFA. He can be traded and then the new team would have his RFA rights.

15. valorita

valorita Member

Harden and Ariza for Klay and Barnes. Say GSW doesn't win a championship and can't afford to pay Barnes, who says no?

16. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Except for the fact that:

Harden > Klay
    Ariza >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Barnes

Barnes is the Warriors version if Brewer.

17. Harden's beard

18. Zergling

Zergling Member

You're joking, right?

19. Rox#1

Rox#1 Member

How about the Rockets start over now and get what you can get for Harden. Maybe we can get Russell and the Lakers #1 draft pick this year for Harden and whomever they want.

20. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I was just thinking about that.
    Harden is my favorite player. I love the Houston Rockets and want him here forever.

But if Lakers offered the #1 pick, D'Angelo and Randle and another pick, do Houston have to say yes?
    Some would say that the Lakers wouldn't give up all that, but if it meant Durant would also commit to LA, do you think LA would care what it's losing?