1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Travel] Airports that are on your bucket list

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by UtilityPlayer, May 3, 2016.

Tags:
  1. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

These airports pale in comparison to Bush Continental.

2. Bob Barker 007

Shanghai Pudong and Beijing Capital are nice-looking airports. However, if you have to wait 3-4 hours for every flight - 7 out of 8 flights had significant delays while I was in China - the luster wears off really fast. Chinese airports are not fun at all.

3. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

You can say that again. Shanghai is really bad. The airport itself is alright. They sell bags of duck tongue everywhere if you are into that..

The worst part was getting on the plane, thinking you are about to go and then sitting there for 4-5 hours. I literally watched 2 movies before we took off. The pilot kept telling us stay seated and buckled up because when they give us the ok to go, we are going to haul ass. And that we did. We were from the terminal to the runway and off the ground in like 5 minutes.

Luckily I was there on business and so I was in first class. I couldn't imagine those people back in coach sitting there for 4-5 hours before takeoff just to sit on the plane another 15 hours until we landed in Chicago.

4. Bob Barker 007

I was in Shanghai for 9 weeks last year. When it was finally time to come back to Houston, I took a 16 hour to Houston with a 3 hour layover in Toronto. Of course, the flight was on the runway in Shanghai for 5 hours. I spent the night in a crappy Toronto hotel because I missed the connection, though I didn't really care at that point because I was happy to be back in North America.

5. Bob Barker 007

And I never took first-class or business-class while in China. Spring Airlines was an especially great airline :eek::mad:

6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

^^^ ugh the airport in guilin was torture

7. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

London Heathrow is one that I absolutely hate (unless I have access to the first class lounge). First off I'm always there after a transatlantic flight and tired and pissy, secondly there are not enough seats, thirdly you have to diligently monitor the flight board where your gate is posted 15 mins ahead of time, which causes you to have to hustle to the gate. Just terrible.

LaGuardia stands alone as a dump, made even worse by rude employees and rude cab/towncar drivers.

Atlanta also annoying due to size and having to walk (and take the train) miles to get to your connection.

8. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

lol the thread title was 'travel airports on your bucket list' and you proceed to go opposite as usual and rattle off the ones you hate. I bet you hate orgasms and motorboating too.

also has disappoint that you fly commercial, no private airport concierge and cant even spring for first class? ouch. may want to brush off that resume time for a new industry perhaps.

PINK SLIP

9. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Friend, have you been to Newark lately?

10. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Not sure how I forgot about Shanghai. As bad as Pudong is with delays, Hongqiao is magnitudes worse, and the flight from SHA to Beijing is absolute hell. It doesn't help that I really hate Beijing as a city other than to visit for a few days. When it was time to leave Beijing, I was thrilled. By the way, does the Chinese military still own 80% of the country's airspace?

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

http://www.bbc.com/capital/story/20160420-this-is-why-chinas-airports-are-a-nightmare?=supchina

Apparently not enough to make a dent

Who knows when "eventually" is

12. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Princess Juliana International Airport in St. Maartin, but I guess I really just wanna go on that beach under the approach path.

13. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Who the **** cares about airports?

I have been to two out of the five on your list.

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

The BA F lounge at LHR is nothing to write home about. It's alright. I was there today. Even the Concorde room is nothing special. Only reason I kept using it was that I could just turn right after security and didn't have to walk downstairs past all the shops, to get to the F lounge.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yes. I actually slept at at Haneda once actually. Which sucked sucked sucked. I've done that at several airports unfortunately, half have been on a bench and half have been on a bed. Haneda does have a nice area that you can go outside though.

Overall as other posters have said I highly dislike airports. But to each there own. I have had fun a few times on delays and gotten drunk with random people I have met. I even kissed etc. a girl that I met at the Budapest airport once.

Here is the Haneda airport outdoor area.

[​IMG]

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Beijing is the most depressing city I have personally ever been to in my life. I truly feel sorry for the people that live there.

17. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

I've been and its totally nothing to write home about. The airport itself is a crowded and tired building and the beach where the airplanes fly in was packed to the brim with people hoping to see a 747 land. Didn't make for a surreal experience as a result.

Get out and see the island. There are so many better things to do with your time. The Dutch side as a whole was a waste of time. If I had a do over, I'd just stay on the French side and call it good. The French side also has the ferry dock to take you to other islands/countries so if you get bored you can take a boat and go see something else.

18. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Count me in as another one who likes Changi and Vancouver. For some reason, I also like Schiphol. It was just a layover, but I HATED Domodedovo. For the most part, I just want to get in and out as quickly as possible. Unless I'm in a lounge, I like the airport experience just slightly more than flying itself..........which is to say: not very much.

19. Buck Turgidson

I want to land a seaplane outside of an atoll somewhere in the south pacific.

20. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Wait, bigtexxx flies international economy?! :eek: