1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Reid: Harden looks after Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 18pbr, May 3, 2016.

1. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

One day someone will write about how Houston lost its superstar bb player. Self-fulfilling prophecy. Smh...

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

:eek: no **** we have two superstars like Kyrie and Love on the rockets roster that's no ones aware of?

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

It's so cool to bash harden now . Where was all this bashing last year ? Or did his personality do a complete 180 over the summer . Unless he's actually bipolar , prolly not .

People say all this **** about being a leader etc ... How do they know ? How does anyone know ? If you aren't in the lockeroom or closely associated with the team your guess is as good as mine . What ? You think just because you have a sports pyschology degree from bull**** insititue it makes you some kind of personality guru ?

People that actually study the game know that harden is by far one of our least pressing issues . Sure he can do better . Sure he's the best player . Sure you hold him to a higher standard . But people here and nationally are b****ing because he's not perfect . Look at the trash around him , coaching included . Last season was different . The league adjusts . We couldn't make a new plan around what talent we had either becuase our coaching was inadequate or our talent was too one dimensional .

1 person likes this.
  4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Nuff Said

Robert Reid should have been looking out of Mitch Wiggins and Lou Lloyd and slap the d*mn smack out of their hands
    but no . . .that did not it BOBBY

Meh!!!

Rocket River

5. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

No chit. Harden sharing more than his fair share of number of assists with his brick brothers would guarantee a loss by 50 points.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Brewer, Terry, Dwight or Ariza
    NOW you have to tell me . . . . . .Which one of them is on the level of Kyrie or Love?

Rocket River

1 person likes this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Scrolling through Twitter and see this. SMH. ESPN just bashing the pinata any chance it gets.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Former Rockets star Robert Reid isn't too high on James Harden. <a href="https://t.co/gX3kxfpnQs">https://t.co/gX3kxfpnQs</a> <a href="https://t.co/ddu4UHgy2w">pic.twitter.com/ddu4UHgy2w</a></p>&mdash; NBA on ESPN (@ESPNNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/727578455022415872">May 3, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. ThaShark316_28

I hate comments like these when these assholes say "I'm sorry", or "I'm just saying".

Man up, and stand by what you said. Don't hide.

9. lionaire

lionaire Member

ESPN would never quote anybody that irrelevant but since he's bashing Harden of course they'll feature it.

10. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

What about the ex-players???

Yeah I know you will have an excuse for them also..

Like they never played in the NBA... They were no good??? They have no ideal of what their talking about???

But the crazy thing is the list keeps growing and now it's growing with ex-rockets also saying the same thing as the outsiders...

T_Man

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Really? Wow.

DD

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'm not sure why anyone needs to make this about a player. Bottom line is that the ball was not taken care of all year, the ball movement sucked, and defensive energy and assignments were constantly being dropped when we needed it most. Harden was part of the problem, but the team is what needs work and Harden is part of the team going forward. Also, chemistry matters and it was missing all year. Harden can't be blamed for something he's a part of. He wasn't the solution so he can't be pointed out without there being better substance than there was in the comments Reid made.

Even Harden's leadership, which is being questioned, should be somewhat off limits. Make no mistake, Dwight felt like he was the leader of this team. The split in leadership didn't work. We were better without Dwight all year. We looked better when he was out. If we keep both players, the front office deserves the blame. Not James Harden.

Les needs to demand changes, he's the leader of this organization. His voice needs to be there for the players to hear. He pays all these guys, his voice needs to be strong, he needs to let the entire organization know what he expects. There are issues that start at the top and those need taking care of as well.

Imagine being Harden when all those FTs were missed all year. What is he supposed to do about that? How was James supposed to come up with a strategy for hack-a-whoever? Or poor defensive rebounding? Harden should take care of Harden and let the actual leadership in the company take the blame for the **** show we watched all year. **** the Harden hate, that dude is a badass and everyone in the league knows it. Not pulling the trigger on a trade for Howard during the trade season was a way bigger mistake than any turnover Harden committed all year.

Analytics is a great tool, but it has it's limits. Les needs to address the fact that analytics does not help in the chemistry department. It's a tool that has been too heavily relied upon. Does it mean fire Morey? No, but the realization that analytics doesn't resolve all issues with winning means that it needs to be demoted some within the organization. Robert Reid is not a good coach, his coaching career proves that. Be careful who you listen to. Great players don't necessarily equate to good analysts from afar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Reid_(basketball)

2 people like this.
  13. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

That's what a bandwagon does it keeps growing . Those ex - players ?? Did they play with harden ? Then hey don't know ?

Sure ex players have some valuable insights , but do you really think Charles Barkley is a great NBA mind just becuase he played ? Players from all sports get into commentating , and they are frequently among the worst , for example , Clyde .

The list of players praising harden last year also steadily increased . What changed ?

Seriously I'm asking you what do you think changed ?

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Nowhere, at least until he won the MVP from the players making which made the media opinion less considerable.

15. Vivi

Vivi Member

*players which made...

16. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Let's see.

1. Did he come into camp last off season overweight like he did this past off season?

2. Did he get a $200MM contract last off season and spend a lot of the summer talking up his brand / marketing like he did this off season?

3. Did he spend last off season b****ing about Curry's MVP like he did this past off season? No he went to USA basketball and actually got better

4. Did he spend last off season running around that Khloe Kartrashian ho and making news on TMZ tabloids like he did this past off season?

Things change, circumstances change, people change. Huge money and fame get to certain athletes. I still don't get how people can compare the last two years without considering what exactly happened during that last off season.

Let's hope there is a positive change to Harden's demeanor and work ethic this coming off season. Let's hope that he can mature for the betterment of Rockets basketball.

18. Fantasma Negro

I don't want to hear from hating ass whack ass Robert Reid, he doesn't know how it feels to be a perennial all star and the best player on your team. What does T-Mac think, what does Kobe think, what does Jordan think? Robert Reid ain't on level, he doesn't understand that Harden is holding the ball because if he passes to Dwight in any other technique than a lob, Dwight can't finish, if he passes to Brewer, Ariza, JET, McDaniels, Dekker or any of our crappy wings he automatically has to start playing transition defense because no one can hit a shot. There were stretches in the series against the warriors where the Rockets would just jack up three after three after three, one time they missed four threes in one possession and where was Harden at that time? On the bench, love him when its good, hate him when its bad. I've seen this episode before, Steve Francis, Tracy McGrady, Kevin Martin, now Harden. This won't end until Harden said f this in free agency two years from now and leaves this organization high and dry. Then who will you have to complain about Robert Reid? Wasn't Robert Reid the one Wiggins said used to do coke in the shower?

19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Some of us pay attention to what happens on the court more than what we read in the tabloids .

Here's something I did consider from the offseason . It was reported that harden injured himself while training . Then during preseason he got injured again . So while harden may have been relying on the preseason to get in shape ( playing with fire / irresponsible ) that doesn't erase his teammates duty to play well at the start of the season either .

If you want to rail on the point he came in out of shape cool . What is your argument regarding his lack of leadership after he got in shape and started carrying us to wins after November ?

I see you like to use that sports psychology degree I talked about . Why not comment on something the rest of us can easily understand like play on the court ?

This idea that anyone who isn't around the team / on the team / in hardens life actually knows what type of person he is is ludicrous . What are some actions he has taken that are so egregious and so unequivocally point to him being a cancer / non leader ?

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

This was honestly my first thought. I haven't heard Robert Reid quoted on any subject in I don't even know how long....

but ESPN runs with this.

I have no idea what Reid's connections are with the Rockets at this point. How informed his opinion is.

But if you fit their narrative, ESPN will breathe new life in your old bones and pretend what you're saying is of importance.

1 person likes this.