1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Favorite Rockets Game Moment of ALL TIME.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by killahflip, Feb 22, 2001.

1. nyrocket

nyrocket Member

Dream just gets a piece of Starks' shot, 'cause you know it was going in.

------------------

2. Horry25

Horry25 Member

Clyde's three point buzzer shot at Denver which helped us win the game by 1

------------------
    WHAT ARE YOU DOOOOOOOOO-ING!???????????????????

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

1st. Sampsons last second volly ball type shot to steal the series from the Lakers! Man I still get chills just watching that one in my head. All the Rockets hanging on Ralph Sampson in celebration...and for one brief moment he lived up to all his hype and literally caried the Rockets into the NBA finals! Damn I'm getting all choked up now.

2nd. Mario Ellies kiss of death shot. A classic!

3rd. Damn you PhiSlammaJamma! you beat me to it. The Buck Johnson, Danny Manning back to back 3's from beyond half court to end the half of a Rockets - Clippers game. I've never seen anything like it since!

------------------

[This message has been edited by crash5179 (edited February 22, 2001).]

4. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I have 2..........
    one is the the block by hakeem on John Starks in game 6 94 finals........and

Robert Horry's left-handed slashing dunk in game 6 of the 1995 West Finals against the Spurs......it put the Rockets up by like 8 or something like that(in the 4th).....a big rush for me....i was pumped.....
    OUT
    JBII

------------------

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

1. Maxwell's 3 against the Knicks.

That clearly is the Rockets greatest game moment from my perspective. I was at Game 7 that night, so it made it all the more spectacular. When he made that 3 from the right wing, you knew that locked up the first ever world championship for the Rockets and the city of Houston. The feeling that went through my body when that shot went in was something I will never forget.

2. Mario's shot.

What a clutch shot. On our heels and possibly out of the playoffs, Mario unbelievably takes a 3 and nails it and propels us to another championship. Unforgettable.

3. Eddie Johnson's shot against the Jazz.

Again, I have a special place for this game because I was at it. I really didn't think we would get that shot off. Looked like we were burning too much time. But when he released that ball, I knew it was in, and when it went it set off The Summit like I hadn't seen since the championships. That shot I thought might be the turning point of the series and lead us to a championship-- and although utimately it didn't, again it was unbelievable.

Other classics that I can think of right now:

Ralph's turnaround
    Kenny Smith's 3 in game 1 against Orlando
    Dream's block on Starks
    Dream's 3 against Orlando
    Steve and the Rockets clutch 4th quarter plays against Portland in January 2000

------------------
    "We're not settling for just getting in the playoffs." "We want a higher seed. There's no doubt. We expect to get in."-- Steve Francis

President of the Mo Taylor and Jason Collier fan club!
    Teams win and lose games, not individuals.

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

6. mfgarza

mfgarza Contributing Member

I'd have to say Ralph's shot to Beat LA and Maxwells 3 pointer as NY that gave us a 8 point lead under 2 minutes. It was then that I knew we had won.

------------------

7. Mr.Scary

Mr.Scary Member

Mario's "kiss of death". I can still see it like it was yesterday. And Olajuwon taking Robinson to school and showing him who the "real" MVP was. David should have handed that trophy to Dream.

------------------
    "Stop your grinnin' and
    drop your linen"
    -Hudson

8. Cohen

Cohen Contributing Member

The entire playoffs for the second championship (Trivia Q: how many elimination games did we win and by what margin?) .

My wife and I fear that we wouldn't survive any repeats of those series.